Sealed-bid auction of Netherlands mussels: Statistical analysis
This article presents an econometric analysis of the many data on the sealed-bid auction that sells mussels in Yerseke town, the Netherlands. The goals of this analysis are obtaining insight into the important factors that determine the price of these mussels, and quantifying the performance of an individual purchase manager. Besides a case-study, the article is a general study on the role of auctions in supply chains and on hedonic price factors.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G. Anandalingam & S. Raghavan, 2005. "Introduction to the Special Issue on Electronic Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(3), pages 315-315, March.
- Berg, Gerard J. van den & Ours, Jan C. van & Pradhan, Menno P., 1999. "Declining prices in the sequential Dutch flower auction of roses," Serie Research Memoranda 0040, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Yoo, Dong-il & Ohta, Hiroshi, 1995. "Optimal pricing and product-planning for new multiattribute products based on conjoint analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2-3), pages 245-253, March.
- Kenneth E. McConnell & Ivar E. Strand, 2000. "Hedonic Prices for Fish: Tuna Prices in Hawaii," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 133-144.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Jan C. van Ours & Menno P. Pradhan, 1999.
"Declining Prices in the Sequential Dutch Flower Auction of Roses,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
99-074/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Berg, G. & van Ours, J.C. & Pradhan, M.P., 1999. "Declining Prices in the Sequential Dutch Flower Auction of Roses," Discussion Paper 1999-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Victor Ginsburgh, 1998.
"Absentee bidders and the declining price anomaly in wine auctions,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/1701, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Victor A. Ginsburgh, 1998. "Absentee Bidders and the Declining Price Anomaly in Wine Auctions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1302-1331, December.
- GINSBURGH, Victor, . "Absentee bidders and the declining price anomaly in wine auctions," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1364, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Espinosa, Juan Andres & Goodwin, Barry K., 1991. "Hedonic Price Estimation For Kansas Wheat Characteristics," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & Deflandre, David, 2006. "Validation of regression metamodels in simulation: Bootstrap approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 120-131, April.
- Davis, George C., 1993. "Consumer'S Specie Knowledge And The Values Of Natural Christmas Tree Characteristics," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Liston, Paul & Byrne, James & Byrne, P.J. & Heavey, Cathal, 2007. "Contract costing in outsourcing enterprises: Exploring the benefits of discrete-event simulation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1-2), pages 97-114, October.
- Brown, Jeff E. & Ethridge, Don E. & Hudson, Darren & Engels, Carlos, 1995.
"An Automated Econometric Approach For Estimating And Reporting Daily Cotton Market Prices,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Brown, Jeff E. & Ethridge, Don E. & Hudson, Darren & Engels, Carlos, 1995. "An Automated Econometric Approach for Estimating and Reporting Daily Cotton Market Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 409-422, December.
- Jack P. C. Kleijnen & Bert Bettonvil & Willem Van Groenendaal, 1998. "Validation of Trace-Driven Simulation Models: A Novel Regression Test," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 812-819, June.
- Jin, Mingzhou & Wu, S. David, 2006. "Supplier coalitions in on-line reverse auctions: Validity requirements and profit distribution scheme," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 183-194, April.
- Narasimhan, Ram & Talluri, Srinivas & Mahapatra, Santosh, 2008. "Effective response to RFQs and supplier development: A supplier's perspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 461-470, October.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Elena Katok & Alvin E. Roth, 2004. "Auctions of Homogeneous Goods with Increasing Returns: Experimental Comparison of Alternative "Dutch" Auctions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1044-1063, August.
- McKelvey, Bill & Wycisk, Christine & Hülsmann, Michael, 2009. "Designing an electronic auction market for complex 'smart parts' logistics: Options based on LeBaron's computational stock market," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 476-494, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:132:y:2011:i:1:p:154-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.