Sealed-bid auction of Netherlands mussels: Statistical analysis
This article presents an econometric analysis of the many data on the sealed-bid auction that sells mussels in Yerseke town, the Netherlands. The goals of this analysis are obtaining insight into the important factors that determine the price of these mussels, and quantifying the performance of an individual purchase manager. Besides a case-study, the article is a general study on the role of auctions in supply chains and on hedonic price factors.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yoo, Dong-il & Ohta, Hiroshi, 1995. "Optimal pricing and product-planning for new multiattribute products based on conjoint analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2-3), pages 245-253, March.
- Berg, Gerard J. van den & Ours, Jan C. van & Pradhan, Menno P., 1999. "Declining prices in the sequential Dutch flower auction of roses," Serie Research Memoranda 0040, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Espinosa, Juan Andres & Goodwin, Barry K., 1991. "Hedonic Price Estimation For Kansas Wheat Characteristics," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Jan C. van Ours & Menno P. Pradhan, 1999.
"Declining Prices in the Sequential Dutch Flower Auction of Roses,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
99-074/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Berg, G. & van Ours, J.C. & Pradhan, M.P., 1999. "Declining Prices in the Sequential Dutch Flower Auction of Roses," Discussion Paper 1999-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Elena Katok & Alvin E. Roth, 2004. "Auctions of Homogeneous Goods with Increasing Returns: Experimental Comparison of Alternative "Dutch" Auctions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1044-1063, August.
- Davis, George C., 1993. "Consumer'S Specie Knowledge And The Values Of Natural Christmas Tree Characteristics," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Victor A. Ginsburgh, 1998.
"Absentee Bidders and the Declining Price Anomaly in Wine Auctions,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1302-1331, December.
- Victor Ginsburgh, 1998. "Absentee bidders and the declining price anomaly in wine auctions," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1701, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- GINSBURGH, Victor, "undated". "Absentee bidders and the declining price anomaly in wine auctions," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1364, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- McKelvey, Bill & Wycisk, Christine & Hülsmann, Michael, 2009. "Designing an electronic auction market for complex 'smart parts' logistics: Options based on LeBaron's computational stock market," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 476-494, August.
- Jack P. C. Kleijnen & Bert Bettonvil & Willem Van Groenendaal, 1998. "Validation of Trace-Driven Simulation Models: A Novel Regression Test," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 812-819, June.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kenneth E. McConnell & Ivar E. Strand, 2000. "Hedonic Prices for Fish: Tuna Prices in Hawaii," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 133-144.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & Deflandre, David, 2006. "Validation of regression metamodels in simulation: Bootstrap approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 120-131, April.
- G. Anandalingam & S. Raghavan, 2005. "Introduction to the Special Issue on Electronic Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(3), pages 315-315, March.
- Brown, Jeff E. & Ethridge, Don E. & Hudson, Darren & Engels, Carlos, 1995.
"An Automated Econometric Approach For Estimating And Reporting Daily Cotton Market Prices,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Brown, Jeff E. & Ethridge, Don E. & Hudson, Darren & Engels, Carlos, 1995. "An Automated Econometric Approach for Estimating and Reporting Daily Cotton Market Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 409-422, December.
- Jin, Mingzhou & Wu, S. David, 2006. "Supplier coalitions in on-line reverse auctions: Validity requirements and profit distribution scheme," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 183-194, April.
- Liston, Paul & Byrne, James & Byrne, P.J. & Heavey, Cathal, 2007. "Contract costing in outsourcing enterprises: Exploring the benefits of discrete-event simulation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1-2), pages 97-114, October.
- Narasimhan, Ram & Talluri, Srinivas & Mahapatra, Santosh, 2008. "Effective response to RFQs and supplier development: A supplier's perspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 461-470, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:132:y:2011:i:1:p:154-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.