Economic Challenges of Small-Scale Vegetable Production and Retailing in Rural Communities: An Example from Rural Oklahoma
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Estes, Edmund A., 2003. "Tomato Wars: A Discussion of How International Trade, Structural Changes, and Competitiveness Affect the North American Produce Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(02), August.
- Wolf, Marianne McGarry & Spittler, Arianne & Ahern, James, 2005. "A Profile of Farmers' Market Consumers and the Perceived Advantages of Produce Sold at Farmers' Markets," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 36(01), March.
- Darby, Kim & Batte, Marvin T. & Ernst, Stanley C. & Roe, Brian E., 2006. "Willingness to pay for locally produced foods: A customer intercept study of direct market and grocery store shoppers," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21336, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Estes, Edmund A., 2003. "Tomato Wars: A Discussion of How International Trade, Structural Changes, and Competitiveness Affect the North American Produce Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 313-319, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:370-:d:129631 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martinez, Steve & Hand, Michael & Da Pra, Michelle & Pollack, Susan & Ralston, Katherine & Smith, Travis & Vogel, Stephen & Clarke, Shellye & Lohr, Luanne & Low, Sarah & Newman, Constance, 2010.
"Local food systems: concepts, impacts, and issues,"
24313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martinez, Stephen W. & Hand, Michael S. & Da Pra, Michelle & Pollack, Susan L. & Ralston, Katherine L. & Smith, Travis A. & Vogel, Stephen J. & Clark, Shellye & Lohr, Luanne & Low, Sarah A. & Newman, , 2010. "Local Food Systems: Concepts, Impacts, and Issues," Economic Research Report 96635, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Schmit, T.M. & Gómez, M.I., 2011.
"Developing viable farmers markets in rural communities: An investigation of vendor performance using objective and subjective valuations,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 119-127, April.
- Schmit, Todd M. & Gomez, Miguel I., 2010. "Developing Viable Farmers Markets in Rural Communities: An Investigation of Vendor Performance using Objective and Subjective Valuations," Working Papers 126957, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Jablonski, B.B.R. & Schmit, T.M., 2014. "‘Local’ Producers’ Production Functions and Their Importance in Estimating Economic Impacts," Working Papers 180117, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Willis, David B. & Carpio, Carlos E. & Boys, Kathryn A. & Young, Emily D., 2013. "Consumer Willingness to Pay for Locally Grown Produce Designed to Support Local Food Banks and Enhance Locally Grown Producer Markets," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150288, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Flavia TEODOROIU, 2015. "Traditional Food. Case Study: Romanian Local Food," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 16(2), pages 256-268, May.
- Baharanyi, Ntam & Boateng, Miriam Anima & Tackie, Nii O. & Zabawa, Robert, 2012. "Assessing the Status of Farmers Markets in the Black Belt Counties of Alabama," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 43(3), November.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlofdr:46583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fdrssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.