Japanese Demand For Wheat Protein Quantity And Quality
Ladd and Martin's hedonic pricing model is extended to include the interactive effect of noncontracted characteristics on the value of contracted characteristics. Marginal values of wheat protein in the Japanese import market are estimated using the interactive effects of noncontracted dough/flour characteristics typically proxied by protein. Protein value is linked positively to farinograph stability, a prime factor in blending different flours. Three high protein wheats maintained about the same marginal value of protein. The marginal value for the two low protein wheats appear more end-use dependant. They varied in a $2.00/ton range depending on protein absorption, stability, and extensibility.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul W., 1990.
"Quality Differences And Price Responsiveness Of Wheat Class Demands,"
Western Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(02), December.
- Gallagher, Paul W. & Wilson, W., 1990. "Quality Differences and Price Responsiveness of Wheat Class Demands," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10777, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul W., 1990. "Quality Differences and Price Responsiveness of Wheat Class Demands," Statistical Series Reports 121426, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul W., 1990. "Quality Differences and Price Responsiveness of Wheat Class Demands," Staff Papers 121426, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W., 1994. "Demand For Wheat Classes By Pacific Rim Countries," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:31004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.