Valuation of Landmass Degradation Using Fuzzy Hedonic Method: A Case Study of National Capital Region
A Hedonic model to determine the revealed willingness to pay for landmass of different suitability classes, based on landmass functional characteristics obtained through subjective assessments, is developed for the National Capital Region in India. The inherent non-specificity involved in subjective evaluation is minimized using fuzzy logic based regression technique. The proposed fuzzy regression involves regression using central values of triangular fuzzy number and minimization of non-specificity using linear programming. The revealed willingness-to-pay for landmass of different suitability classes is used for valuation of disbenefits due to urban expansion on landmass of different agricultural suitability classes in National Capital Territory of Delhi. Appropriate pricing policies to prevent the future inappropriate landuse practices are developed using the landmass valuation. Copyright Kluwer Academic Publishers 1999
Volume (Year): 14 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bierlen, Ralph W. & Grunewald, Orlen C., 1995. "Price Incentives For Commercial Fresh Tomatoes," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Chris F. Kemerer, 1993.
"Network Externalities in Microcomputer Software: An Econometric Analysis of the Spreadsheet Market,"
Working Paper Series
158, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Chris F. Kemerer, 1996. "Network Externalities in Microcomputer Software: An Econometric Analysis of the Spreadsheet Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(12), pages 1627-1647, December.
- Bojo, Jan, 1996. "The costs of land degradation in Sub-Saharan Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 161-173, February.
- Elad, Renata L. & Clifton, Ivery D. & Epperson, James E., 1994. "Hedonic Estimation Applied To The Farmland Market In Georgia," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Chang, Hui-Shung, 1995. "Examining hard coking coal price differentials A hedonic pricing approach," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 275-282, December.
- Guy Garrod & Ken Willis, 1994. "An economic estimate of the effect of a waterside location on property values," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 209-217, April.
- Epple, Dennis, 1987. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Estimating Demand and Supply Functions for Differentiated Products," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 59-80, February.
- David Bjornstad & Ronald Cummings & Laura Osborne, 1997. "A Learning Design for Reducing Hypothetical Bias in the Contingent Valuation Method," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(3), pages 207-221, October.
- Radcliffe G. Edmonds, 1984. "A Theoretical Basis for Hedonic Regression: A Research Primer," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 12(1), pages 72-85.
- Tom Crowards, 1996. "Natural resource accounting," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 7(3), pages 213-241, April.
- Stiegert, Kyle W. & Blanc, Jean-Pierre, 1997. "Japanese Demand For Wheat Protein Quantity And Quality," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
- Steven Buccola & Yoko Iizuka, 1997. "Hedonic Cost Models and the Pricing of Milk Components," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 452-462.
- David A. King & J. A. Sinden, 1988. "Influence of Soil Conservation on Farm Land Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(3), pages 242-255.
- Daniel S. Tilley & Gita Khaerunisa Indahsari, 1996. "Impact of international coffee agreement abandonment on Indonesian coffee prices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 157-166.
- Jon P. Nelson, 1981. "Three Mile Island and Residential Property Values: Empirical Analysis and Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 363-372.
- Brookshire, David S, et al, 1982. "Valuing Public Goods: A Comparison of Survey and Hedonic Approaches," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 165-77, March.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 1988. "Welfare measurement for environmental improvements using the hedonic model: The case of nonparametric marginal prices," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 297-312, September.
- Kennedy, Gary A. & Henning, Steven A. & Vandeveer, Lonnie R. & Dai, Ming, 1997. "An Empirical Analysis Of The Louisiana Rural Land Market," Station Bulletins 31682, Louisiana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness.
- Bayless, Mark, 1982. "Measuring the benefits of air quality improvements: A hedonic salary approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 81-99, March.
- Izraeli, Oded, 1987. "The effect of environmental attributes on earnings and housing values across SMSAs," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 361-376, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:14:y:1999:i:4:p:519-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.