Competition For U.S. Hard Wheat Characteristics
Discounts and premiums for wheat quality factors at a specific location can be affected by the quality of wheat at other locations. We estimate the effects of protein and test weight levels of Kansas hard red winter and North Dakota dark northern spring wheat on the protein and test weight premiums of each other. Additionally, we determine the effect on premiums of protein and test weight and discounts of shrunken/broken and damaged kernels at different locations within each region from changes in wheat qualities at other locations within the same region. Results indicate that spatial competition was important for protein and test weight, both between the two wheat regions and within the same region.
Volume (Year): 23 (1998)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul, 1988.
"Differentiation and Implicit Prices in Export Wheat Markets,"
197444, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W., 1989. "Differentiation And Implicit Prices In Export Wheat Markets," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(01), July.
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul, 1988. "Differentiation and Implicit Prices in Export Wheat Markets," Statistical Series Reports 197444, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul W., 1988. "Differentiation and Implicit Prices in Export Wheat Markets," Staff Papers 146454, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul W., 1988. "Differentiation and Implicit Prices in Export Wheat Markets," Statistical Series Reports 146454, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Junjie Wu & B. Wade Brorsen, 1995. "The Impact of Government Programs and Land Characteristics on Cropping Patterns," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 43(1), pages 87-104, 03.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1980. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 255-259.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., . "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stiegert, Kyle W. & Blanc, Jean-Pierre, 1997. "Japanese Demand For Wheat Protein Quantity And Quality," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
- DeeVon Bailey & Monte C. Peterson & B. Wade Brorsen, 1991. "A Comparison of Video Cattle Auction and Regional Market Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(2), pages 465-475.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:31188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.