Risk Reduction by International Diversification
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qian, Gongming & Li, Ji, 1998. "Multinationality, global market diversification, and risk performance for the largest U.S. firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 149-170, October.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Jia, Ruo, 2017.
"The structure of the global reinsurance market: An analysis of efficiency, scale, and scope,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 213-229.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Jia, Ruo, 2016. "The Structure of the Global Reinsurance Market: An Analysis of Efficiency, Scale, and Scope," Working Papers on Finance 1603, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe, 2007. "The sensitivity of U.S. multinational enterprises to political and macroeconomic uncertainty: A sectoral analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 732-750, December.
- Garbe, Jan-Nicolas & Richter, Nicole Franziska, 2009. "Causal analysis of the internationalization and performance relationship based on neural networks -- advocating the transnational structure," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 413-431, December.
- Zhen Quan Wang & Nigel Swain, 1997. "Determinants of Inflow of Foreign Direct Investment in Hungary and China: Time-Series Approach," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 695-726.
- repec:spr:manint:v:52:y:2012:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-012-0148-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Huong Trang & Papanastassiou, Marina & Nguyen, Quang, 2017. "Multinationals and the impact of corruption on financial derivatives use and firm value: Evidence from East Asia," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 39-59.
- Hitt, Michael A. & Li, Dan & Xu, Kai, 2016. "International strategy: From local to global and beyond," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 58-73.
- repec:spr:manint:v:57:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-016-0290-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Pham Hoanh Son Nguyen, 2007. "Un modèle intégrateur des effets de l'internationalisation sur la performance de l'entreprise," Post-Print hal-00363866, HAL.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004.
"A perspective on regional and global strategies of multinational enterprises,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(1), pages 3-18, January.
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004. "A Perspective on Regional and Global Strategies of Multinational Enterprises," Working Papers 2004-19, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Berger, Allen N. & El Ghoul, Sadok & Guedhami , Omrane & Roman, Raluca, 2015. "Internationalization and bank risk," Research Working Paper RWP 15-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Mohamed, Zubair M., 1999. "An integrated production-distribution model for a multi-national company operating under varying exchange rates," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 81-92, January.
- Sukpanich, Nessara & Rugman, Alan, 2007. "Intra-regional sales, product diversity, and the performance of merchandising multinationals," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 131-146, June.
- Oesterle, Michael-Jörg & Elosge, Corinna & Elosge, Lukas, 2016. "Me, myself and I: The role of CEO narcissism in internationalization decisions," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1114-1123.
- Alfred Slager, 2005. "Internationalization of Banks: Strategic Patterns and Performance," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Cosset, Jean-Claude & Lampron, Laurent, 1982. "Rentabilité, risque et diversification internationale des banques à charte canadiennes," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 58(4), pages 477-492, décembre.
- Chung, Chris Changwha & Lee, Seung-Hyun & Beamish, Paul W. & Southam, Colette & Nam, Daeil (Dale), 2013. "Pitting real options theory against risk diversification theory: International diversification and joint ownership control in economic crisis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 122-136.
- Katerina Lyroudi & John Papanastasiou & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment And Economic Growth In Transition Economies," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 2(1), pages 97-110.
- Krapl, Alain A., 2015. "Corporate international diversification and risk," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-13.
- Whiteman, G.M. & Muller, A.R. & van der Voort, J. & van Wijk, J.C.A.C. & Meijs, L.C.P.M. & Piqué, C., 2005. "The Tsunami’s CSR Effect: MNEs and Philanthropic Responses to the Disaster," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-062-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Lee, In Hyeock & Paik, Yongsun & Uygur, Ugur, 2016. "Does Gender Matter in the Export Performance of International New Ventures? Mediation Effects of Firm-specific and Country-specific Advantages," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 365-379.
- Qian, Gongming, 2002. "Multinationality, product diversification, and profitability of emerging US small- and medium-sized enterprises," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 611-633, October.
- Christophe, Stephen E. & Lee, Hun, 2005. "What matters about internationalization: a market-based assessment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 636-643, May.
- Duong, Nguyen Minh Huy, 2015. "An Investigation of the Determinants of US FDI in Developed Countries, 1982-2010," MPRA Paper 66518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, In Hyeock & Rugman, Alan M., 2012. "Firm-specific advantages, inward FDI origins, and performance of multinational enterprises," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 132-146.
- Benito-Osorio, Diana & Colino, Alberto & Guerras-Martín, Luis Ángel & Zúñiga-Vicente, José Ángel, 2016. "The international diversification-performance link in Spain: Does firm size really matter?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 548-558.
- Charee Kwak, 2017. "The Effect of Corporate International Diversification on Firm Risk," Discussion Papers 2017-17, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Andreas Bausch & Duc Linh Van Tri, 2007. "Internationalization Of German Companies Into The Chinese Market - An Event Study On The Consequences On Financial Performance From A Rbv Perspective," Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers (Expired!) 26/2007, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Moon, Hwy-Chang & Roehl, Thomas W., 2001. "Unconventional foreign direct investment and the imbalance theory," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 197-215, April.
- Oesterle, Michael-Jörg & Richta, Hannah Noriko & Fisch, Jan Hendrik, 2013. "The influence of ownership structure on internationalization," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 187-201.
- Eckert, Stefan & Dittfeld, Marcus & Muche, Thomas & Rässler, Susanne, 2010. "Does multinationality lead to value enhancement? An empirical examination of publicly listed corporations from Germany," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 562-574, December.
- Di Gregorio, Dante, 2005. "Re-thinking country risk: insights from entrepreneurship theory," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 209-226, April.
- repec:spr:manint:v:49:y:2009:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-009-0015-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alan M. Rugman & Chang Hoon Oh, 2011. "Multinational Enterprises and Regional Economic Integration: Rethinking Key Metrics in International Business," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-013-0187-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Casson, Mark, 2016. "Alan Rugman’s methodology," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 758-766.
- Robert Aliber, 1978. "The integration of National financial markets: A review of theory and findings," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 114(3), pages 448-480, September.
- Lindner, Thomas & Muellner, Jakob & Puck, Jonas, 2016. "Cost of Capital in an International Context: Institutional Distance, Quality, and Dynamics," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 234-248.
- Oetzel, Jennifer, 2005. "Smaller may be beautiful but is it more risky? Assessing and managing political and economic risk in Costa Rica," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 765-790, December.
- Cheng, Louis T. W. & Fung, Joseph K. W. & Lam, Kin, 1998. "An examination of the determinants of stock price effects of US-Chinese joint venture announcements," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Canfei He & Junsong Wang & Shaoming Cheng, 2011. "What attracts foreign direct investment in China’s real estate development?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(2), pages 267-293, April.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Verbeke, Alain, 2015. "Making internalization theory good for practice: The essence of Alan Rugman's contributions to international business," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 612-622.
- Brian Hatch & Bruce Resnick, 1993. "A review of recent developments in international portfolio selection," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 83-96, March.
- repec:spr:manint:v:51:y:2011:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-011-0077-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bartekova, Eva & Ziesemer, Thomas, 2015. "Impact of electricity prices on foreign direct investment: Evidence from the European Union," MERIT Working Papers 021, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Figueira-de-Lemos, Francisco & Johanson, Jan & Vahlne, Jan-Erik, 2011. "Risk management in the internationalization process of the firm: A note on the Uppsala model," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 143-153, April.
- Alfred Slager, 2005. "Internationalization of Banks: Strategic Patterns and Performance," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2005/4 edited by Morten Balling.