Citations for "Demographic and Economic Correlates of Health in Old Age"
by Smith, J-P & Kington, R
- Cem Mete & T. Paul Schultz, 2002. "Health and Labor Force Participation of the Elderly in Taiwan," Working Papers 846, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- James P. Smith, 2004.
"Unravelling the SES health connection,"
IFS Working Papers
W04/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- James P. Smith, 1997. "The Changing Economic Circumstances of the Elderly: Income, Wealth, and Social Security," Center for Policy Research Policy Briefs 8, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- James P. Smith, 2003.
"Consequences and Predictors of New Health Events,"
NBER Working Papers
10063, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cavaco, Sandra & Eriksson, Tor & Skalli, Ali, 2014.
"Life cycle development of obesity and its determinants in six European countries,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 62-78.
- Cavaco, Sandra & Eriksson, Tor & Skalli, Ali, 2014. "Life Cycle Development of Obesity and Its Determinants in Six European Countries," CEI Working Paper Series 2013-08, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- van Kippersluis, Hans & Van Ourti, Tom & O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2009.
"Health and income across the life cycle and generations in Europe,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 818-830, July.
- Hans van Kippersluis & Tom van Ourti & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Health and Income across the Life Cycle and Generations in Europe," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-009/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Danan Gu & Yi Zeng, 2004. "Sociodemographic Effects on the Onset and Recovery of ADL Disability among Chinese Oldest-old," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 11(1), pages 1-42, August.
- Bakshi, Sanjeev & Pathak, Prasanta, 2010. "Social context and the burden of ill health among the older adults in India," MPRA Paper 40463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2009.
"Do microfinance programs help families insure consumption against illness?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 257-273.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2003. "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?," Development and Comp Systems 0303004, EconWPA.
- Gertler, Paul & Levine, David I. & Moretti, Enrico, 2003. "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt5811j217, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Maude Toussaint-Comeau & Jonathan Hartley, 2009. "Health and the savings of insured versus uninsured, working-age households in the U.S," Working Paper Series WP-09-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Peter Adams & Michael D. Hurd & Daniel L. McFadden & Angela Merrill & Tiago Ribeiro, 2004.
"Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise? Tests for Direct Causal Paths between Health and Socioeconomic Status,"
in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 415-526
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, Peter & Hurd, Michael D. & McFadden, Daniel & Merrill, Angela & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2003. "Healthy, wealthy, and wise? Tests for direct causal paths between health and socioeconomic status," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 3-56, January.
- repec:clg:wpaper:2011-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ellen Meara, 2001. "Why is Health Related to Socioeconomic Status?," NBER Working Papers 8231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bender, Keith A. & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2009. "Controlling for endogeneity in the health-socioeconomic status relationship of the near retired," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 977-987, December.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Maarten Lindeboom & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2011.
"Education‐related inequity in healthcare with heterogeneous reporting of health,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(3), pages 639-664, 07.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Maarten Lindeboom & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2010. "Education-related Inequity in Health Care with Heterogeneous Reporting of Health," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-122/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Darrell Gaskin & Alvin Headen & Shelley White-Means, 2005. "Racial disparities in health and wealth: The effects of slavery and past discrimination," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 95-110, March.
- Barbara Wolfe & Jessica Jakubowski & Robert Haveman & Marissa Courey, 2012. "The Income and Health Effects of Tribal Casino Gaming on American Indians," Demography, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 499-524, May.
- Blázquez Cuesta, Maite & Budría, Santiago, 2015.
"The Effects of Over-Indebtedness on Individual Health,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8912, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blázquez, Maite & Budría, Santiago, 2015. "The effects of over-indebtedness on individual health," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2015/03, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Younoh Kim, 2015. "Hypertension dynamics in the elderly population," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 528-539.
- Scott Adams, 2002. "Educational Attainment and Health: Evidence from a Sample of Older Adults," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 97-109.
- Mary C. Daly & Peggy McDonough & Greg J. Duncan & David Williams, 1999. "Optimal indicators of socioeconomic status for health research," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Fraser, Steve P. & Jennings, William W. & King, David R., 2001. "Strategic asset allocation for individual investors: the impact of the present value of Social Security benefits," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 295-326, 00.
- Willis, Robert J., 1999. "Theory confronts data: how the HRS is shaped by the economics of aging and how the economics of aging will be shaped by the HRS," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 119-145, June.
- Elisabetta Santarelli & Anna De Pascale, . "Economic, housing conditions and health of old people in Italy: evidence from EU-SILC," Working Papers 99/12, Sapienza University of Rome, Metodi e modelli per l'economia, il territorio e la finanza MEMOTEF.
- Robert T. Jensen, 2004. "Socioeconomic Status, Nutrition, and Health among the Elderly," NBER Chapters, in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 313-332 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Barnay & François Legendre, 2012.
"Simultaneous causality between health status and employment status within the population aged 30-59 in France,"
- Thomas Barnay & François Legendre, 2012. "Simultaneous causality between health status and employment status within the population aged 30-59 in France," Working Papers hal-00717439, HAL.
- Thomas Barnay & François Legendre, 2012. "Simultaneous causality between health status and employment status within the population aged 30-59 in France," TEPP Working Paper 2012-13, TEPP.
- Gomez, Miguel I. & Ranney, Christine K., 2002. "Effects Of Food And Health Spending Patterns On The Health Of The Elderly," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19608, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Paul Lee & James P. Smith & Raynard S. Kington, 2004. "The Associations Between Self-Rated Vision and Hearing and Functional Status in Middle Age," HEW 0402002, EconWPA.
- Gross, Christiane & Schübel, Thomas & Hoffmann, Rasmus, 2015. "Picking up the pieces—Applying the DISEASE FILTER to health data," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(4), pages 549-557.
- Esther Friedman & Robert Mare, 2014. "The Schooling of Offspring and the Survival of Parents," Demography, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 1271-1293, August.
- Jensen, Robert T. & Richter, Kaspar, 2004. "The health implications of social security failure: evidence from the Russian pension crisis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 209-236, January.
- Morciano, Marcello & Hancock, Ruth M. & Pudney, Stephen E., 2015. "Birth-cohort trends in older-age functional disability and their relationship with socio-economic status: Evidence from a pooling of repeated cross-sectional population-based studies for the UK," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 136, pages 1-9.
- Dustin Brown & Robert Hummer & Mark Hayward, 2014. "The Importance of Spousal Education for the Self-Rated Health of Married Adults in the United States," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 127-151, February.