Citations for "Demographic and Economic Correlates of Health in Old Age"
by Smith, J-P & Kington, R
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Maarten Lindeboom & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2011.
"Education‐related inequity in healthcare with heterogeneous reporting of health,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(3), pages 639-664, 07.
- Teresa Bago d'Uva & Maarten Lindeboom & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2010. "Education-related Inequity in Health Care with Heterogeneous Reporting of Health," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-122/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Esther Friedman & Robert Mare, 2014. "The Schooling of Offspring and the Survival of Parents," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(4), pages 1271-1293, August.
- James P. Smith, 2004.
"Unravelling the SES health connection,"
IFS Working Papers
W04/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2009.
"Do microfinance programs help families insure consumption against illness?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 257-273.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2003. "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?," Development and Comp Systems 0303004, EconWPA.
- Gertler, Paul & Levine, David I. & Moretti, Enrico, 2003. "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt5811j217, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Danan Gu & Yi Zeng, 2004. "Sociodemographic Effects on the Onset and Recovery of ADL Disability among Chinese Oldest-old," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 11(1), pages 1-42, August.
- Maude Toussaint-Comeau & Jonathan Hartley, 2009. "Health and the savings of insured versus uninsured, working-age households in the U.S," Working Paper Series WP-09-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Mary C. Daly & Peggy McDonough & Greg J. Duncan & David Williams, 1999. "Optimal indicators of socioeconomic status for health research," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Bender, Keith A. & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2009. "Controlling for endogeneity in the health-socioeconomic status relationship of the near retired," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 977-987, December.
- Jensen, Robert T. & Richter, Kaspar, 2004. "The health implications of social security failure: evidence from the Russian pension crisis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 209-236, January.
- James P. Smith, 1997. "The Changing Economic Circumstances of the Elderly: Income, Wealth, and Social Security," Center for Policy Research Policy Briefs 8, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Scott Adams, 2002. "Educational Attainment and Health: Evidence from a Sample of Older Adults," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 97-109.
- Bakshi, Sanjeev & Pathak, Prasanta, 2010. "Social context and the burden of ill health among the older adults in India," MPRA Paper 40463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barbara Wolfe & Jessica Jakubowski & Robert Haveman & Marissa Courey, 2012. "The Income and Health Effects of Tribal Casino Gaming on American Indians," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(2), pages 499-524, May.
- Morciano, Marcello & Hancock, Ruth M. & Pudney, Stephen E., 2015. "Birth-cohort trends in older-age functional disability and their relationship with socio-economic status: Evidence from a pooling of repeated cross-sectional population-based studies for the UK," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 136, pages 1-9.
- Economou, Athina & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2010.
"Poor and Sick: Estimating the relationship between Household Income and Health,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2010-121, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Athina Economou & Ioannis Theodossiou, 2011. "Poor And Sick: Estimating The Relationship Between Household Income And Health," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(3), pages 395-411, 09.
- Cavaco, Sandra & Eriksson, Tor & Skalli, Ali, 2014.
"Life Cycle Development of Obesity and Its Determinants in Six European Countries,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2013-08, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Cavaco, Sandra & Eriksson, Tor & Skalli, Ali, 2014. "Life cycle development of obesity and its determinants in six European countries," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 62-78.
- Dustin Brown & Robert Hummer & Mark Hayward, 2014. "The Importance of Spousal Education for the Self-Rated Health of Married Adults in the United States," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 33(1), pages 127-151, February.
- Blázquez Cuesta, Maite & Budría, Santiago, 2015.
"The Effects of Over-Indebtedness on Individual Health,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8912, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blázquez, Maite & Budría, Santiago, 2015. "The effects of over-indebtedness on individual health," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2015/03, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Younoh Kim, 2015. "Hypertension dynamics in the elderly population," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 528-539.
- Fraser, Steve P. & Jennings, William W. & King, David R., 2001. "Strategic asset allocation for individual investors: the impact of the present value of Social Security benefits," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 295-326, 00.
- Peter Adams & Michael D. Hurd & Daniel L. McFadden & Angela Merrill & Tiago Ribeiro, 2004.
"Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise? Tests for Direct Causal Paths between Health and Socioeconomic Status,"
in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 415-526
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, Peter & Hurd, Michael D. & McFadden, Daniel & Merrill, Angela & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2003. "Healthy, wealthy, and wise? Tests for direct causal paths between health and socioeconomic status," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 3-56, January.
- Robert T. Jensen, 2004. "Socioeconomic Status, Nutrition, and Health among the Elderly," NBER Chapters, in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 313-332 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Smith, 2005.
"Consequences and Predictors of New Health Events,"
in: Analyses in the Economics of Aging, pages 213-240
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cem Mete & T. Paul Schultz, 2002. "Health and Labor Force Participation of the Elderly in Taiwan," Working Papers 846, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Gross, Christiane & Schübel, Thomas & Hoffmann, Rasmus, 2015. "Picking up the pieces—Applying the DISEASE FILTER to health data," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(4), pages 549-557.
- Thomas Barnay & François Legendre, 2012.
"Simultaneous causality between health status and employment status within the population aged 30-59 in France,"
TEPP Working Paper
- Thomas Barnay & François Legendre, 2012. "Simultaneous causality between health status and employment status within the population aged 30-59 in France," Working Papers halshs-00856217, HAL.
- Thomas Barnay & François Legendre, 2012. "Simultaneous causality between health status and employment status within the population aged 30-59 in France," Working Papers hal-00717439, HAL.
- Gomez, Miguel I. & Ranney, Christine K., 2002. "Effects Of Food And Health Spending Patterns On The Health Of The Elderly," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19608, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:clg:wpaper:2011-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ellen Meara, 2001. "Why is Health Related to Socioeconomic Status?," NBER Working Papers 8231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Lee & James P. Smith & Raynard S. Kington, 2004. "The Associations Between Self-Rated Vision and Hearing and Functional Status in Middle Age," HEW 0402002, EconWPA.
- van Kippersluis, Hans & Van Ourti, Tom & O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2009.
"Health and income across the life cycle and generations in Europe,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 818-830, July.
- Hans van Kippersluis & Tom van Ourti & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Health and Income across the Life Cycle and Generations in Europe," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-009/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Willis, Robert J., 1999. "Theory confronts data: how the HRS is shaped by the economics of aging and how the economics of aging will be shaped by the HRS," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 119-145, June.
- Elisabetta Santarelli & Anna De Pascale, . "Economic, housing conditions and health of old people in Italy: evidence from EU-SILC," Working Papers 99/12, Sapienza University of Rome, Metodi e modelli per l'economia, il territorio e la finanza MEMOTEF.
- Darrell Gaskin & Alvin Headen & Shelley White-Means, 2005. "Racial disparities in health and wealth: The effects of slavery and past discrimination," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 95-110, March.