Citations for "The impact of grading standards on student achievement, educational attainment, and entry-level earnings"
by Betts, Julian R. & Grogger, Jeff
- David N. Figlio, 2005. "Names, Expectations and the Black-White Test Score Gap," NBER Working Papers 11195, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eren,Ozkan & Henderson,J. Daniel, 2006.
"The Impact of Homework on Student Achievement,"
Departmental Working Papers
0518, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics, revised 12 May 2006.
- Ewijk, R. van, .
"Same work, lower grade? Student ethnicity and teachers' subjective assessments,"
21, Top Institute for Evidence Based Education Research.
- van Ewijk, Reyn, 2011. "Same work, lower grade? Student ethnicity and teachers' subjective assessments," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1045-1058, October.
- Reyn van Ewijk, 2010. "Same Work, Lower Grade? Student Ethnicity and Teachers’ Subjective Assessments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-127/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Babcock, Phillip, 2009. "Real Costs of Nominal Grade Inflation? New Evidence from Student Course Evaluations," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4823c3jx, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Hans Bonesr�nning, 2004. "Do the teachers' grading practices affect student achievement?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 151-167.
- Kim, Taejong & Lee, Ju-Ho & Lee, Young, 2008. "Mixing versus sorting in schooling: Evidence from the equalization policy in South Korea," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 697-711, December.
- Møen, Jarle & Tjelta, Martin, 2010. "Grading standards, student ability and errors in college admission," Discussion Papers 2010/5, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- David N. Figlio & Maurice E. Lucas, 2000.
"Do High Grading Standards Affect Student Performance?,"
NBER Working Papers
7985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Figlio, David N. & Lucas, Maurice E., 2004. "Do high grading standards affect student performance?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1815-1834, August.
- Christian Jaag, 2005. "Hidden Teacher Effort in Educational Production: Monitoring vs. Merit Pay," HEW 0503003, EconWPA.
- Dario Maldonado, 2008. "A model of school behavior: tuition fees and grading standards," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 005106, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Swinton, Omari H., 2010. "The effect of effort grading on learning," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1176-1182, December.
- Thom, Rodney & Walsh, Brendan, 2002. "The effect of a currency union on trade: Lessons from the Irish experience," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 1111-1123, June.
- Grant, Darren, 2007. "Grades as information," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 201-214, April.
- Giorgio Brunello & Lorenzo Rocco, 2008.
"Educational Standards in Private and Public Schools,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(533), pages 1866-1887, November.
- Giorgio Brunello & ?Lorenzo Rocco, 2007. "Educational standards in private and public schools," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0043, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Giorgio Brunello & Lorenzo Rocco, 2005. "Educational Standards in Private and Public Schools," CESifo Working Paper Series 1418, CESifo Group Munich.
- De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny & Solondz, Catharina, 2012.
"Public expenditures, educational outcomes and grade inflation: Theory and evidence from a policy intervention in the Netherlands,"
Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism"
SP II 2012-111, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- De Witte, Kristof & Geys, Benny & Solondz, Catharina, 2014. "Public expenditures, educational outcomes and grade inflation: Theory and evidence from a policy intervention in the Netherlands," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 152-166.
- Bonesronning, Hans, 2004. "Can effective teacher behavior be identified?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 237-247, June.
- Zoltan Hermann, 2013. "Are you on the right track? The effect of educational tracks on student achievement in upper-secondary education in Hungary," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 1316, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Whitaker, Stephan, 2011. "The impact of legalized abortion on high school graduation through selection and composition," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 228-246, April.
- Marc Piopiunik & Martin Schlotter, 2012. "Identifying the Incidence of "Grading on a Curve":A Within-Student Across-Subject Approach," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 121, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Martin Schlotter, 2012. "Educational Production in Preschools and Schools - Microeconometric Evidence from Germany," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 41, October.
- Kristen Capogrossi & Wen You, 2013. "Academic Performance and Childhood Misnourishment: A Quantile Approach," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 141-156, June.
- M. De Paola & V. Scoppa, 2007. "Returns to skills, incentives to study and optimal educational standards," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 92(3), pages 229-262, December.
- Maresa, SPRIETSMA, 2006. "Regional school comparison and school choice : how do they relate to student performance ? Evidence from PISA 2003," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006002, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Jalava, Nina & Joensen, Juanna Schrøter & Pellas, Elin, 2014. "Grades and Rank: Impacts of Non-Financial Incentives on Test Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 8412, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Darren Grant & William Green, 2013. "Grades as incentives," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 1563-1592, June.
- Battistin, Erich & Schizzerotto, Antonio, 2012. "Threat of Grade Retention, Remedial Education and Student Achievement: Evidence from Upper Secondary Schools in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 7086, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).