Letting the sun shine in at the WTO: How transparency brings the trading system to life
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolfe, Robert, 2003. "Regulatory transparency, developing countries and the WTO," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 157-182, July.
- Matthew Potoski & Aseem Prakash, 2009. "Information asymmetries as trade barriers: ISO 9000 increases international commerce," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(2), pages 221-238.
- Josling, Tim & Mittenzwei, Klaus, 2013. "Transparency and timeliness: the monitoring of agricultural policies in the WTO using OECD data," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 533-547, July.
- Kyle Handley & Nuno Limão, 2015.
"Trade and Investment under Policy Uncertainty: Theory and Firm Evidence,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 189-222, November.
- Handley, Kyle & Limão, Nuno, 2012. "Trade and Investment under Policy Uncertainty: Theory and Firm Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 8798, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kyle Handley & Nuno Limão, 2012. "Trade and Investment under Policy Uncertainty: Theory and Firm Evidence," NBER Working Papers 17790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ljiljana Biukovic, 2008. "Selective Adaptation of WTO Transparency Norms and Local Practices in China and Japan," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 803-825, December.
- Barnett, Michael & Duvall, Raymond, 2005. "Power in International Politics," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(01), pages 39-75, January.
- Matthias Helble & Ben Shepherd & John S. Wilson, 2009. "Transparency and Regional Integration in the Asia Pacific," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 479-508, March.
- Mavroidis, Petros C., 2011. "Always look at the bright side of non-delivery: WTO and Preferential Trade Agreements, yesterday and today," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 375-387, July.
- Simmons, Beth A. & Dobbin, Frank & Garrett, Geoffrey, 2006. "Introduction: The International Diffusion of Liberalism," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(04), pages 781-810, October.
- Busch, Marc L. & Reinhardt, Eric & Shaffer, Gregory, 2009. "Does legal capacity matter? A survey of WTO Members," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 559-577, October.
- Petra M. Geraats, 2002. "Central Bank Transparency," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 532-565, November.
- Kara Leitner & Simon Lester, 2012. "WTO Dispute Settlement 1995--2011--A Statistical Analysis," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 315-325, March.
- Mitchell, Ronald B., 2011. "Transparency for governance: The mechanisms and effectiveness of disclosure-based and education-based transparency policies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1882-1890, September.
- Yves Bonzon, 2008. "Institutionalizing Public Participation in WTO Decision Making: Some Conceptual Hurdles and Avenues," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 751-777, December.
- Chris Downes, 2012. "The Impact of WTO Transparency Rules: Is the 10,000th SPS Notification a Cause for Celebration?--A Case Study of EU Practice," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 503-524, June.
- Edieth Y. Wu, 2002. "China Today: Why Its Accession to the World Trade Organization is Inevitable and Good for the International Community," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 689-718, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:jitecd:v:26:y:2017:i:6:p:712-723 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Wolfe, 2013. "First diagnose, then treat: what ails the Doha Round?," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/85, European University Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational agreements; transparency; accountability; disclosure; decision-making; notification; peer review; surveillance;
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- F55 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Institutional Arrangements
- K33 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - International Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wtowps:ersd201303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wtoerch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.