Gender diversity in top-management positions in large family and nonfamily businesses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elke Holst & Anja Kirsch, 2014. "Women Still the Exception on Executive Boards of Germany's Large Firms: Gradually Increasing Representation on Supervisory Boards," DIW Economic Bulletin, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 4(3), pages 3-15.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Stenkula, Mikael, 2009. "Why Are There So Few Female Top Executives in Egalitarian Welfare States?," Working Paper Series 786, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- J.H. Marinova & J. Plantenga & C.L.H.S. Remery, 2010. "Gender Diversity and Firm Performance: Evidence from Dutch and Danish Boardrooms," Working Papers 10-03, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Haunschild, Ljuba & Wolter, Hans-Jürgen, 2010. "Volkswirtschaftliche Bedeutung von Familien- und Frauenunternehmen," IfM-Materialien 199, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Welter, Friederike & May-Strobl, Eva & Holz, Michael & Pahnke, André & Schlepphorst, Susanne & Wolter, Hans-Jürgen & Kranzusch, Peter, 2015. "Mittelstand zwischen Fakten und Gefühl," IfM-Materialien 234, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Anders Hoffmann & Martin Junge & Nikolaj Malchow-Møller, 2015. "Running in the family: parental role models in entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 79-104, January.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2009.
"Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 291-309, November.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2008. "Women in the Boardroom and Their Impact on Governance and Performance," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Farrell, Kathleen A. & Hersch, Philip L., 2005. "Additions to corporate boards: the effect of gender," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 85-106, March.
- Laspita, Stavroula & Breugst, Nicola & Heblich, Stephan & Patzelt, Holger, 2012. "Intergenerational transmission of entrepreneurial intentions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 414-435.
- Kurtulus, Fidan Ana & Tomaskovic-Devey, Donald, 2012. "Do Women Top Managers Help Women Advance? A Panel Study Using EEO-1 Records," IZA Discussion Papers 6444, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helen Kang & Mandy Cheng & Sidney J. Gray, 2007. "Corporate Governance and Board Composition: diversity and independence of Australian boards," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 194-207, March.
- Ahrens, Jan-Philipp & Landmann, Andreas & Woywode, Michael, 2015. "Gender preferences in the CEO successions of family firms: Family characteristics and human capital of the successor," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 86-103.
- Fidan Ana Kurtulus & Donald Tomaskovic-Devey, 2011. "Do Women Top Managers Help Women Advance? A Panel Study Using EEO-1 Records," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ettl, Kerstin & Welter, Friederike & Achtenhagen, Leona, 2016. ""Das 21. Jahrhundert ist weiblich": Unternehmerinnen in der Presse," IfM-Materialien 249, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
More about this item
Keywordsgender diversity; top-management positions; family businesses; selection mechanisms; pathways into top-management;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2016-07-30 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HME-2016-07-30 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HRM-2016-07-30 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifmwps:0216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifmbode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.