Gender diversity in top-management positions in large family and nonfamily businesses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elke Holst & Anja Kirsch, 2014. "Women Still the Exception on Executive Boards of Germany's Large Firms: Gradually Increasing Representation on Supervisory Boards," DIW Economic Bulletin, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 4(3), pages 3-15.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2009.
"Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 291-309, November.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2008. "Women in the Boardroom and Their Impact on Governance and Performance," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Stenkula, Mikael, 2009. "Why Are There So Few Female Top Executives in Egalitarian Welfare States?," Working Paper Series 786, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- J.H. Marinova & J. Plantenga & C.L.H.S. Remery, 2010. "Gender Diversity and Firm Performance: Evidence from Dutch and Danish Boardrooms," Working Papers 10-03, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Haunschild, Ljuba & Wolter, Hans-Jürgen, 2010. "Volkswirtschaftliche Bedeutung von Familien- und Frauenunternehmen," IfM-Materialien 199, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Farrell, Kathleen A. & Hersch, Philip L., 2005. "Additions to corporate boards: the effect of gender," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 85-106, March.
- Welter, Friederike & May-Strobl, Eva & Holz, Michael & Pahnke, André & Schlepphorst, Susanne & Wolter, Hans-Jürgen & Kranzusch, Peter, 2015. "Mittelstand zwischen Fakten und Gefühl," IfM-Materialien 234, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Anders Hoffmann & Martin Junge & Nikolaj Malchow-Møller, 2015. "Running in the family: parental role models in entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 79-104, January.
- Laspita, Stavroula & Breugst, Nicola & Heblich, Stephan & Patzelt, Holger, 2012. "Intergenerational transmission of entrepreneurial intentions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 414-435.
- Kurtulus, Fidan Ana & Tomaskovic-Devey, Donald, 2012. "Do Women Top Managers Help Women Advance? A Panel Study Using EEO-1 Records," IZA Discussion Papers 6444, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helen Kang & Mandy Cheng & Sidney J. Gray, 2007. "Corporate Governance and Board Composition: diversity and independence of Australian boards," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 194-207, March.
- Ahrens, Jan-Philipp & Landmann, Andreas & Woywode, Michael, 2015. "Gender preferences in the CEO successions of family firms: Family characteristics and human capital of the successor," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 86-103.
- Fidan Ana Kurtulus & Donald Tomaskovic-Devey, 2011. "Do Women Top Managers Help Women Advance? A Panel Study Using EEO-1 Records," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ettl, Kerstin & Welter, Friederike & Achtenhagen, Leona, 2016. ""Das 21. Jahrhundert ist weiblich": Unternehmerinnen in der Presse," IfM-Materialien 249, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
More about this item
Keywordsgender diversity; top-management positions; family businesses; selection mechanisms; pathways into top-management;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2016-07-30 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HME-2016-07-30 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HRM-2016-07-30 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifmwps:0216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifmbode.html .