Board Age and Gender Diversity: A Test of Competing Linear and Curvilinear Predictions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin Campbell & Antonio Mínguez-Vera, 2008. "Gender Diversity in the Boardroom and Firm Financial Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 435-451, December.
- Taïeb Hafsi & Gokhan Turgut, 2013. "Boardroom Diversity and its Effect on Social Performance: Conceptualization and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 112(3), pages 463-479, February.
- Amy J. Hillman, 2000. "The Resource Dependence Role of Corporate Directors: Strategic Adaptation of Board Composition in Response to Environmental Change," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 235-256, March.
- Godthelp, Marleen & Glunk, Ursula, 2003. "Turnover at the Top:: Demographic Diversity as a Determinant of Executive Turnover in The Netherlands," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 614-625, October.
- Craig Peterson & James Philpot, 2007. "Womenâ€™s Roles on U.S. Fortune 500 Boards: Director Expertise and Committee Memberships," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 72(2), pages 177-196, May.
- Bonn, Ingrid, 2004. "Board Structure and Firm Performance: Evidence from Australia," Journal of Management & Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 14-24, January.
- Siri Terjesen & Val Singh, 2008.
"Female Presence on Corporate Boards: A Multi-Country Study of Environmental Context,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 55-63, November.
- Siri Terjesen & Val Singh, 2008. "Female Presence on Corporate Boards: A Multi-Country Study of Environmental Context," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Mariateresa Torchia & Andrea Calabrò & Morten Huse, 2011. "Women Directors on Corporate Boards: From Tokenism to Critical Mass," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(2), pages 299-317, August.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2009.
"Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 291-309, November.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2008. "Women in the Boardroom and Their Impact on Governance and Performance," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Stephen Brammer & Andrew Millington & Stephen Pavelin, 2007. "Gender and Ethnic Diversity Among UK Corporate Boards," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 393-403, March.
- Jyoti Mahadeo & Teerooven Soobaroyen & Vanisha Hanuman, 2012. "Board Composition and Financial Performance: Uncovering the Effects of Diversity in an Emerging Economy," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 375-388, February.
- Stephen Bear & Noushi Rahman & Corinne Post, 2010. "The Impact of Board Diversity and Gender Composition on Corporate Social Responsibility and Firm Reputation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 97(2), pages 207-221, December.
- Nicholas Walt & Coral Ingley, 2003. "Board Dynamics and the Influence of Professional Background, Gender and Ethnic Diversity of Directors," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 218-234, July.
- Edward J. Stendardi & Judy F. Graham & Mary O’Reilly, 2006. "The impact of gender on the personal financial planning process: Should financial advisors tailor their process to the gender of the client?," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(4), pages 223-238, September.
- Kurtulus, Fidan Ana & Tomaskovic-Devey, Donald, 2012. "Do Women Top Managers Help Women Advance? A Panel Study Using EEO-1 Records," IZA Discussion Papers 6444, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helen Kang & Mandy Cheng & Sidney J. Gray, 2007. "Corporate Governance and Board Composition: diversity and independence of Australian boards," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 194-207, March.
- Fidan Ana Kurtulus & Donald Tomaskovic-Devey, 2011. "Do Women Top Managers Help Women Advance? A Panel Study Using EEO-1 Records," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- David A. Carter & Betty J. Simkins & W. Gary Simpson, 2003. "Corporate Governance, Board Diversity, and Firm Value," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 33-53, February.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
- ØYvind Bøhren & R. Øystein Strøm, 2010. "Governance and Politics: Regulating Independence and Diversity in the Board Room," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(9-10), pages 1281-1308, November/.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:142:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2759-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eunjung Hyun & Daegyu Yang & Hojin Jung & Kihoon Hong, 2016. "Women on Boards and Corporate Social Responsibility," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-26, March.
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:57:y:2017:i:2:p:429-463 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finana:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:60-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anne Marie Ward & John Forker, 2017. "Financial Management Effectiveness and Board Gender Diversity in Member-Governed, Community Financial Institutions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(2), pages 351-366, March.
- Talavera, Oleksandr & Yin, Shuxing & Zhang, Mao, 2016. "Managing the diversity: board age diversity, directors’ personal values, and bank performance," MPRA Paper 71927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2956-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:300:d:66430 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:intemj:v:14:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11365-017-0473-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBoard diversity; Age diversity; Gender diversity; Performance; Competing predictions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:125:y:2014:i:3:p:497-512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.