Board Composition and Financial Performance: Uncovering the Effects of Diversity in an Emerging Economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Niamh Brennan & Michael McDermott, 2004.
"Alternative Perspectives on Independence of Directors,"
Corporate Governance: An International Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 325-336, July.
- Niamh Brennan & Michael McDermott, 2004. "Alternative Perspectives on Independence of Directors," Open Access publications 10197/3786, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Christine Mallin, 2001. "Corporate Governance and the Bottom Line," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 77-78, April.
- Khaled Elsayed, 2007. "Does CEO Duality Really Affect Corporate Performance?," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(6), pages 1203-1214, November.
- Baysinger, Barry D & Butler, Henry N, 1985. "Corporate Governance and the Board of Directors: Performance Effects of Changes in Board Composition," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 101-124, Spring.
- Farrell, Kathleen A. & Hersch, Philip L., 2005. "Additions to corporate boards: the effect of gender," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 85-106, March.
- Dennis C. Mueller, 2006. "The Anglo-Saxon Approach to Corporate Governance and its Applicability to Emerging Markets," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 207-219, July.
- Ronald J. Burke, 1997. "Women Directors: Selection, Acceptance and Benefits of Board Membership," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 118-125, July.
- Peter Burton, 2000. "Antecedents and Consequences of Corporate Governance Structures," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 194-203, July.
- Niclas L. Erhardt & James D. Werbel & Charles B. Shrader, 2003. "Board of Director Diversity and Firm Financial Performance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 102-111, April.
- Carlos Alves & Victor Mendes, 2004. "Corporate Governance Policy and Company Performance: the Portuguese case," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 290-301, July.
- David A. Carter & Betty J. Simkins & W. Gary Simpson, 2003. "Corporate Governance, Board Diversity, and Firm Value," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 33-53, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ntim, Collins G. & Lindop, Sarah & Thomas, Dennis A., 2013. "Corporate governance and risk reporting in South Africa: A study of corporate risk disclosures in the pre- and post-2007/2008 global financial crisis periods," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 363-383.
- Ming Jia & Zhe Zhang, 2013. "Critical Mass of Women on BODs, Multiple Identities, and Corporate Philanthropic Disaster Response: Evidence from Privately Owned Chinese Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 303-317, December.
- Jasmin Joecks & Kerstin Pull & Karin Vetter, 2013. "Gender Diversity in the Boardroom and Firm Performance: What Exactly Constitutes a “Critical Mass?”," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 61-72, November.
- Alireza Vafaei & Kamran Ahmed & Paul Mather, 2015. "Board Diversity and Financial Performance in the Top 500 Australian Firms," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 25(4), pages 413-427, December.
- Wafa Hili & Habib Affes, 2013. "Diversite En Genre Dans Les Conseils D'Administration Et Persistance Des Benefices Comptables : Investigation Empirique Dans Le Contexte Franҫais," Post-Print hal-00991930, HAL.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:35:y:2016:i:c:p:88-99 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:556-:d:132803 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siri Terjesen & Eduardo Barbosa Couto & Paulo Morais Francisco, 2016. "Does the presence of independent and female directors impact firm performance? A multi-country study of board diversity," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(3), pages 447-483, September.
- Collins Ntim & Teerooven Soobaroyen, 2013. "Black Economic Empowerment Disclosures by South African Listed Corporations: The Influence of Ownership and Board Characteristics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 121-138, August.
- Scharfenkamp Katrin, 2016. "It’s About Connections – How the Economic Network of the German Federal Government Affects the Top Earners’ Average Income Tax Rate," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 236(4), pages 427-453, August.
- Hisham Farag & Chris Mallin, 2016. "The Impact of the Dual Board Structure and Board Diversity: Evidence from Chinese Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(2), pages 333-349, December.
- Muhammad Ali & Yin Ng & Carol Kulik, 2014. "Board Age and Gender Diversity: A Test of Competing Linear and Curvilinear Predictions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(3), pages 497-512, December.
- repec:eee:finana:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:60-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Collins Ntim, 2015. "Board diversity and organizational valuation: unravelling the effects of ethnicity and gender," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(1), pages 167-195, February.
- Talavera, Oleksandr & Yin, Shuxing & Zhang, Mao, 2016. "Managing the diversity: board age diversity, directors’ personal values, and bank performance," MPRA Paper 71927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Arnegger & Christian Hofmann & Kerstin Pull & Karin Vetter, 2014. "Firm size and board diversity," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(4), pages 1109-1135, November.
- Adegbite, Emmanuel, 2015. "Good corporate governance in Nigeria: Antecedents, propositions and peculiarities," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 319-330.
- Maria Lucas-Pérez & Antonio Mínguez-Vera & Juan Baixauli-Soler & Juan Martín-Ugedo & Gregorio Sánchez-Marín, 2015. "Women on the Board and Managers’ Pay: Evidence from Spain," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 265-280, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBoard diversity; Financial performance; Developing country; Corporate governance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:105:y:2012:i:3:p:375-388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.