Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," IZA Discussion Papers 11029, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yaqin Su & Petros Tesfazion & Zhong Zhao, 2018. "Where Are Migrants From? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," Working Papers 2018-003, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Justin Y & Wang, Gewei & Zhao, Yaohui, 2004. "Regional Inequality and Labor Transfers in China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 587-603, April.
- Au, Chun-Chung & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2006.
"How migration restrictions limit agglomeration and productivity in China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-388, August.
- Chun-Chung Au & Vernon Henderson, 2002. "How Migration Restrictions Limit Agglomeration and Productivity in China," NBER Working Papers 8707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhao, Yaohui, 1999. "Labor Migration and Earnings Differences: The Case of Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 767-782, July.
- Meng,Xin, 2000. "Labour Market Reform in China," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521771269, April.
- Koppelman, Frank S. & Wen, Chieh-Hua, 1998. "Alternative nested logit models: structure, properties and estimation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 289-298, June.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1980. "Econometric Models for Probabilistic Choice among Products," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 13-29, July.
- Yiu Por Chen, 2012.
"Land use rights, market transitions, and labour policy change in China (1980–84),"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 20(4), pages 705-743, October.
- Chen, Yiu Por (Vincent), 2012. "Land Use Rights, Market Transitions, and Labor Policy Change in China (1980-4)," IZA Discussion Papers 6521, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chang, Gene Hsin & Brada, Josef C., 2006. "The paradox of China's growing under-urbanization," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 24-40, March.
- Ming-Hsuan Lee*, 2011. "Migration and children's welfare in China:the schooling and health of children left behind," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 44(2), pages 165-182, January-M.
- Bao, Shuming & Bodvarsson, Örn B. & Hou, Jack W. & Zhao, Yaohui, 2007. "Interprovincial Migration in China: The Effects of Investment and Migrant Networks," IZA Discussion Papers 2924, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hu, Feng & Xu, Zhaoyuan & Chen, Yuyu, 2011. "Circular migration, or permanent stay? Evidence from China's rural-urban migration," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 64-74, March.
- AO, Xiang & JIANG, Dawei & ZHAO, Zhong, 2016.
"The impact of rural–urban migration on the health of the left-behind parents,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 126-139.
- Ao, Xiang & Jiang, Dawei & Zhao, Zhong, 2015. "The Impact of Rural-Urban Migration on the Health of the Left-behind Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 9350, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Seeborg, Michael C. & Jin, Zhenhu & Zhu, Yiping, 2000. "The new rural-urban labor mobility in China: Causes and implications," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 39-56.
- Cai, Fang & Wang, Meiyan, 2010. "Growth and structural changes in employment in transition China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 71-81, March.
- Yang Song & Wenkai Sun, 2016. "Health Consequences of Rural‐to‐Urban Migration: Evidence from Panel Data in China," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(10), pages 1252-1267, October.
- de Brauw, Alan & Mu, Ren, 2011. "Migration and the overweight and underweight status of children in rural China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 88-100, February.
- Poncet, Sandra, 2006. "Provincial migration dynamics in China: Borders, costs and economic motivations," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 385-398, May.
- Zhu, Nong, 2002. "The impacts of income gaps on migration decisions in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 213-230.
- Yaohui Zhao, 1999. "Leaving the Countryside: Rural-to-Urban Migration Decisions in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 281-286, May.
- Zhongdong Ma & Kao-Lee Liaw, 1997. "Explaining hierarchical and interprovincial migrations of Chinese young adults by personal factors and place attributes: A nested logit analysis," Mathematical Population Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 217-239.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2116-:d:153696 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRural-urban migration; Inter- vs. intra-provincial migration; Border effect; China;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2017-09-24 (China)
- NEP-CSE-2017-09-24 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-MIG-2017-09-24 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2017-09-24 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2017-09-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.