China's Floating Population: New Evidence from the 2000 Census
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Du, Yang & Park, Albert & Wang, Sangui, 2005. "Migration and rural poverty in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 688-709, December.
- Patrick S. Ward & Gerald E. Shively, 2015. "Migration and Land Rental as Responses to Income Shocks in Rural China," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(4), pages 511-543, October.
- Chang, Hongqin & Dong, Xiao-yuan & MacPhail, Fiona, 2011.
"Labor Migration and Time Use Patterns of the Left-behind Children and Elderly in Rural China,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2199-2210.
- Hongqin Chang & Xiao-yuan Dong & Fiona MacPhail, 2010. "Labour Migration and Time Use Patterns of the Left-Behind Children and Elderly in Rural China," Departmental Working Papers 2010-05, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Xianqing Ji & Zhonghao Qian & Linxiu Zhang & Tonglong Zhang, 2018. "Rural Labor Migration and Households' Land Rental Behavior: Evidence from China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 26(1), pages 66-85, January.
- Dean M. Hanink, 2010. "Perspectives on Regional Change: A Review Essay on Handbook of Regional Growth and Development Theories," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 3-27, March.
- Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong, 2018.
"Where are the migrants from? Inter- vs. intra-provincial rural-urban migration in China,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 142-155.
- Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," IZA Discussion Papers 11029, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," GLO Discussion Paper Series 120, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Yaqin Su & Petros Tesfazion & Zhong Zhao, 2018. "Where Are Migrants From? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," Working Papers 2018-003, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Schoolman, Ethan D. & Ma, Chunbo, 2012.
"Migration, class and environmental inequality: Exposure to pollution in China's Jiangsu Province,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 140-151.
- Schoolman, Ethan D. & Ma, Chunbo, 2011. "Towards a General Theory of Environmental Inequality: Social Characteristics of Townships and the Distribution of Pollution in China’s Jiangsu Province," Working Papers 117809, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ye Liu & Jianfa Shen, 2014. "Spatial patterns and determinants of skilled internal migration in China, 2000–2005," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(4), pages 749-771, November.
- Richard L. Forstall & Richard P. Greene & James B. Pick, 2009. "Which Are The Largest? Why Lists Of Major Urban Areas Vary So Greatly," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 100(3), pages 277-297, July.
- Mark Colas & Suqin Ge, 2019. "Transformations in China’s Internal Labor Migration and Hukou System," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 296-331, September.
- Mu, Ren & van de Walle, Dominique, 2011.
"Left behind to farm? Women's labor re-allocation in rural China,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 83-97.
- Mu, Ren & van de Walle, Dominique, 2009. "Left behind to farm ? women's labor re-allocation in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5107, The World Bank.
- Ko, Pei-Chun & Yeung, Wei-Jun Jean, 2019. "Childhood conditions and productive aging in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 229(C), pages 60-69.
- Cheng Li, 2010. "Labor Mobility within China: Border Effects on Interregional Wage Differentials," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 18(2), pages 60-72, March.
- Li, Cheng, 2010. "Savings, investment, and capital mobility within China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 14-23, March.
- Ren Mu & Alan Brauw, 2015.
"Migration and young child nutrition: evidence from rural China,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 28(3), pages 631-657, July.
- Mu, Ren & de Brauw, Alan, 2013. "Migration and Young Child Nutrition: Evidence from Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 7466, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Xia, Fang & Huang, Jikun, 2014.
"Moving Off the Farm: Land Institutions to Facilitate Structural Transformation and Agricultural Productivity Growth in China,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 505-520.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Xia, Fang, 2012. "Moving off the farm: Land institutions to facilitate structural transformation and agricultural productivity growth in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5949, The World Bank.
- Feinian Chen & Hui Liu & Kriti Vikram & Yu Guo, 2015. "For Better or Worse: The Health Implications of Marriage Separation Due to Migration in Rural China," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(4), pages 1321-1343, August.
- Lida Fan, 2009. "Measuring Interprovincial Flows of Human Capital in China: 1995–2000," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 28(3), pages 367-387, June.
- Shang, Juan & Li, Pengfei & Li, Ling & Chen, Yong, 2018. "The relationship between population growth and capital allocation in urbanization," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 249-256.
- Song, Huasheng & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zhu, Xiwei, 2012.
"Urbanization and/or rural industrialization in China,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 126-134.
- SONG, Huasheng & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZHU, Xiwei, 2011. "Urbanization and/or rural industrialization in China," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2338, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Junichi Ito, 2008. "The removal of institutional impediments to migration and its impact on employment, production and income distribution in China," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 239-265, September.
- Chen, Juan, 2011. "Internal migration and health: Re-examining the healthy migrant phenomenon in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(8), pages 1294-1301, April.
- Cadsby, C. Bram & Song, Fei & Yang, Xiaolan, 2020. "Are “left-behind” children really left behind? A lab-in-field experiment concerning the impact of rural/urban status and parental migration on children's other-regarding preferences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 715-728.
- Chen, Joyce J., 2013. "Identifying non-cooperative behavior among spouses: Child outcomes in migrant-sending households," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 1-18.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:popdev:v:30:y:2004:i:3:p:467-488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0098-7921 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.