Circular migration, or permanent stay? Evidence from China's rural-urban migration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steve Snyder & Wen S. Chern, 2009. "The impact of remittance income on rural households in China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 38-57, February.
- Yaohui Zhao, 1999. "Leaving the Countryside: Rural-to-Urban Migration Decisions in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 281-286, May.
- Weiping Wu, 2004.
"Sources of migrant housing disadvantage in urban China,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(7), pages 1285-1304, July.
- Weiping Wu, 2004. "Sources of Migrant Housing Disadvantage in Urban China," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 36(7), pages 1285-1304, July.
- de Brauw, Alan & Rozelle, Scott, 2008. "Migration and household investment in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 320-335, June.
- Zhao, Yaohui, 2002. "Causes and Consequences of Return Migration: Recent Evidence from China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 376-394, June.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Zhang, Kevin Honglin & Song, Shunfeng, 2003. "Rural-urban migration and urbanization in China: Evidence from time-series and cross-section analyses," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 386-400.
- Alan de Brauw & John Giles, 2017.
"Migrant Opportunity and the Educational Attainment of Youth in Rural China,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 52(1), pages 272-311.
- Alan de Brauw & John Giles, 2005. "Migrant Opportunity and the Educational Attainment of Youth in Rural China," Department of Economics Working Papers 2005-05, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Giles,John T. & De Brauw,Alan, 2008. "Migrant opportunity and the educational attainment of youth in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4526, The World Bank.
- de Brauw, Alan & Giles, John T., 2006. "Migrant Opportunity and the Educational Attainment of Youth in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 2326, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zhu, Nong, 2002. "The impacts of income gaps on migration decisions in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 213-230.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- William Greene, 2006. "A General Approach to Incorporating Selectivity in a Model," Working Papers 06-10, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Zhang, Huafeng, 2010. "The Hukou system's constraints on migrant workers' job mobility in Chinese cities," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 51-64, March.
- Xuejin Zuo & Feng Wang, 1999. "Inside China's Cities: Institutional Barriers and Opportunities for Urban Migrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 276-280, May.
- Dudley Poston & Li Zhang, 2008. "Ecological Analyses of Permanent and Temporary Migration Streams in China in the 1990s," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 27(6), pages 689-712, December.
- Quheng, Deng & Gustafsson, Björn Anders, 2006. "China's Lesser Known Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 2152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lu, Zhigang & Song, Shunfeng, 2006. "Rural-urban migration and wage determination: The case of Tianjin, China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 337-345.
- McKinley, Terry & Wang, Li Na, 1992. "Housing and wealth in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 195-211.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong, 2017.
"Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11029, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," GLO Discussion Paper Series 120, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Yaqin Su & Petros Tesfazion & Zhong Zhao, 2018. "Where Are Migrants From? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," Working Papers 2018-003, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- repec:wyi:journl:002171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Aijun & Zhang, Aizhen, 2012. "Will carbon motivated border tax adjustments function as a threat?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 81-90.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:47:y:2018:i:c:p:142-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:ariqol:v:13:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11482-017-9521-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Feng Hu, 2013. "Does migration benefit the schooling of children left behind?," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 29(2), pages 33-70, July.
- Meng, Lei, 2012. "Can grain subsidies impede rural–urban migration in hinterland China? Evidence from field surveys," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 729-741.
- Shukui Tan & Yanan Li & Yan Song & Xiang Luo & Min Zhou & Lu Zhang & Bing Kuang, 2017. "Influence factors on settlement intention for floating population in urban area: a China study," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 147-176, January.
- Rachel Connelly & Kenneth Roberts & Zhenzhen Zheng, 2011. "The settlement of rural migrants in urban China - some of China's migrants are not 'floating' anymore," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 283-300.
- Peng Wang & Jay Pan & Zhehui Luo, 2015. "The Impact of Income Inequality on Individual Happiness: Evidence from China," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 121(2), pages 413-435, April.
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Lilleør, Helene Bie, 2015. "Going Back Home: Internal Return Migration in Rural Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 186-202.
- Hu, Feng, 2015. "Return to Education for China’s Return Migrant Entrepreneurs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 296-307.
More about this item
KeywordsRural-urban migration Circular migration Permanent migration Sample selection China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:22:y:2011:i:1:p:64-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.