Staatsfonds - neue Akteure an den Finanzmärkten?
Sovereign Wealth Funds (SWFs) have become active investors on the financial markets. This working paper meets the increasing thirst for information on the investment activities of Sovereign Wealth Funds, their legal environment and the implications on German stock listed corporations. Thus, this paper examines the history of, and reasons for establishing SWFs. Furthermore, concerns regarding transparency and investment activities of SWFs are discussed. The authors find no evidence for politicaly motivated investments or massive market intervention by SWFs. Furthermore, the authors propose that the newly established Santiago Principles will build up trust in the financial markets. The empirical part of the working paper analyzes the impact of SWFs on German stock listed corporations. Main findings of the survey include that corporations lack information on SWFs and disagree with the planned change of the Außenwirtschaftsgesetz. The Survey's results further indicate that participant corporations have no concerns about SWF investment activities. Only few SWFs were willing to participate in the survey and therefore information from the IMF was utilized to get an overview about the sector.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Sonnemannstraße 9-11, 60314 Frankfurt am Main|
Phone: 069 154008-0
Web page: http://www.frankfurt-school.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harm Bandholz & Jorg Clostermann & Franz Seitz, 2009.
"Explaining the US bond yield conundrum,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(7), pages 539-550.
- Bandholz, Harm & Clostermann, Joerg & Seitz, Franz, 2007. "Explaining the US Bond Yield Conundrum," MPRA Paper 2386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bandholz, Harm & Clostermann, Jörg & Seitz, Franz, 2007. "Explaining the US bond yield conundrum," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 2, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Edwin M. Truman, 2008.
"A Blueprint for Sovereign Wealth Fund Best Practices,"
PB08-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2009. "A Blueprint for Sovereign Wealth Fund Best Practices," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 9(1), pages 429-451.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728046 is not listed on IDEAS
- Helmut Reisen, 2008.
"How to Spend It: Commodity and Non-Commodity Sovereign Wealth Funds,"
OECD Development Centre Policy Briefs
38, OECD Publishing.
- Reisen, Helmut, 2008. "How to spend it: Commodity and non-commodity sovereign wealth funds," Research Notes 28, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2007. "Sovereign Wealth Funds: The Need for Greater Transparency and Accountability," Policy Briefs PB07-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Arvind Subramanian & Aaditya Mattoo, 2008.
"Currency Undervaluation and Sovereign Wealth Funds: A New Role for the World Trade Organization,"
142, Center for Global Development.
- Aaditya Mattoo & Arvind Subramanian, 2009. "Currency Undervaluation and Sovereign Wealth Funds: A New Role for the World Trade Organization," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(8), pages 1135-1164, 08.
- Aaditya Mattoo & Arvind Subramanian, 2008. "Currency Undervaluation and Sovereign Wealth Funds: A New Role for the World Trade Organization," Working Paper Series WP08-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Subramanian, Arvind, 2008. "Currency undervaluation and sovereign wealth funds : a new role for the World Trade Organization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4668, The World Bank.
- Jason Kotter & Ugur Lel, 2008.
"Friends or foes? The stock price impact of sovereign wealth fund investments and the price of keeping secrets,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
940, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kotter, Jason & Lel, Ugur, 2011. "Friends or foes? Target selection decisions of sovereign wealth funds and their consequences," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 360-381, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fsfmwp:114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.