Currency Undervaluation and Sovereign Wealth Funds: A New Role for the World Trade Organization
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aaditya Mattoo & Arvind Subramanian, 2009. "Currency Undervaluation and Sovereign Wealth Funds: A New Role for the World Trade Organization," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(8), pages 1135-1164, August.
- Aaditya Mattoo & Arvind Subramanian, 2008. "Currency Undervaluation and Sovereign Wealth Funds: A New Role for the World Trade Organization," Working Paper Series WP08-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Subramanian, Arvind, 2008. "Currency undervaluation and sovereign wealth funds : a new role for the World Trade Organization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4668, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Subramanian, Arvind, 2004.
"The WTO and the poorest countries: the stark reality,"
World Trade Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(03), pages 385-407, November.
- Aaditya Mattoo & Arvind Subramanian, 2004. "The WTO and the Poorest Countries; The Stark Reality," IMF Working Papers 04/81, International Monetary Fund.
- Deepak Bhattasali & Shantong Li & Will Martin, 2004. "China and the WTO : Accession, Policy Reform, and Poverty Reduction Strategies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14920, August.
- repec:oup:revage:v:28:y:2006:i:2:p:168-194. is not listed on IDEAS
- Eswar S. Prasad & Raghuram G. Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2007.
"Foreign Capital and Economic Growth,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 38(1), pages 153-230.
- Prasad, Eswar & Rajan, Raghuram G. & Subramanian, Arvind, 2007. "Foreign Capital and Economic Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 3186, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eswar S. Prasad & Raghuram G. Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2007. "Foreign Capital and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 13619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. Fred Bergsten, 1998. "Fifty Years of the GATT/WTO: Lessons from the Past for Strategies for the Future," Working Paper Series WP98-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2006.
"Distortions to World Trade: Impacts on Agricultural Markets and Farm Incomes,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 168-194.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2006. "Distortions to World Trade: Impacts on Agricultural Markets and Farm Incomes," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 168-194.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2005. "Distortions to world trade: impacts on agricultural markets and farm incomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3736, The World Bank.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Yee Wong & Ketki Sheth, 2006.
"US-China Trade Disputes: Rising Tides Rising Stakes,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa78.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Yee Wong & Ketki Sheth, 2006. "US-China Trade Disputes: Rising Tides Rising Stakes," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa78, January.
- Brad Setser, 2007. "The Case for Exchange Rate Flexibility in Oil-Exporting Economies," Policy Briefs PB07-8, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2007. "Sovereign Wealth Funds: The Need for Greater Transparency and Accountability," Policy Briefs PB07-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsani, Stella, 2013. "Natural resources, governance and institutional quality: The role of resource funds," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 181-195.
- Schalast, Christoph & Tiemann, Marcel & Tuppi, Pascal, 2009. "Staatsfonds - neue Akteure an den Finanzmärkten?," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 114, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- José Antonio Ocampo, 2016. "Global macroeconomic cooperation and the exchange rate system," WIDER Working Paper Series 049, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Shrestha, Ashish, 2008. "The growth of transport cector CO2 emissions and underlying factors in Latin America and the Caribbean," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4734, The World Bank.
- Saadaoui, Jamel, 2012.
"Déséquilibres globaux, taux de change d’équilibre et modélisation stock-flux cohérente
[Global Imbalances, Equilibrium Exchange Rates and Stock-Flow Consistent Modelling]," MPRA Paper 51332, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alhashel, Bader, 2015. "Sovereign Wealth Funds: A literature review," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 1-13.
- Sauvé, Pierre, 2013. "The Road to Bali: ERIA Perspectives on the WTO Ministerial and Asian Integration," Papers 645, World Trade Institute.
- Marchetti, Juan & Ruta, Michele & Teh, Robert, 2012.
"Trade imbalances and multilateral trade cooperation,"
WTO Staff Working Papers
ERSD-2012-23, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Juan Marchetti & Michele Ruta & Robert Teh, 2012. "Trade Imbalances and Multilateral Trade Cooperation," CESifo Working Paper Series 4050, CESifo Group Munich.
- Freund, Caroline & Pierola, Martha Denisse, 2008. "Export surges : the oower of a competitive currency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4750, The World Bank.
- Ho-don Yan & Cheng-lang Yang, 2012. "Does an Undervalued Currency Merit Economic Growth? – Evidence from Taiwan," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 59(1), pages 37-57, March.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Subramanian, Arvind, 2008. "Multilateralism beyond Doha," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4735, The World Bank.
- L. Alan Winters, 2012. "Living with China—Locally and Globally," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 51(4), pages 37-58.
- Reisen, Helmut, 2008.
"How to spend it: Commodity and non-commodity sovereign wealth funds,"
28, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Helmut Reisen, 2008. "How to Spend It: Commodity and Non-Commodity Sovereign Wealth Funds," OECD Development Centre Policy Briefs 38, OECD Publishing.
- Bernard M. Hoekman, 2013. "Global Governance of International Competitiveness Spillovers," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/33, European University Institute.
- Bernardo Bortolotti & Veljko Fotak & Giacomo Loss, 2017. "Taming Leviathan: Mitigating Political Interference in Sovereign Wealth Funds’ Public Equity Investments," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1764, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- L Alan Winters, 2015. "China and the World Trading System: Will ‘In and Up’ be replaced by ‘Down and Out’?," RSCAS Working Papers 2015/82, European University Institute.
- Auboin, Marc & Ruta, Michel, 2011. "The relationship between exchange rates and International Trade: A review of economic literature," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2011-17, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Tsani, Stella, 2015. "On the relationship between resource funds, governance and institutions: Evidence from quantile regression analysis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 94-111.
- Petr Sedláček, 2010. "State-Run Investment Funds: Major Institutional Investors on Global Financial Markets," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(2), pages 3-22.
- Marcus Giamattei & Johann Lambsdorff, 2015. "Balancing the current account: experimental evidence on underconsumption," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 18(4), pages 670-696, December.
- Arvind Subramanian & Martin Kessler, 2013. "The Hyperglobalization of Trade and Its Future," Working Paper Series WP13-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsexchange rates; undervaluation; sovereign wealth funds; World Trade Organization; International Monetary Fund;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2008-05-05 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-MIG-2008-05-05 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.