The extent of European power markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Sioshansi, Fereidoon P., 2008. "Competitive Electricity Markets: Questions Remain about Design, Implementation, Performance," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 74-87, March.
- Stigler, George J & Sherwin, Robert A, 1985.
"The Extent of the Market,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 555-585, October.
- George J. Stigler & Robert A. Sherwin, 1983. "The Extent of the Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 31, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Barth, Anne-Kathrin & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014. "What is the magnitude of fixed–mobile call substitution? Empirical evidence from 16 European countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 771-782.
- Mohammadi, Hassan, 2009. "Electricity prices and fuel costs: Long-run relations and short-run dynamics," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 503-509, May.
- Terry Robinson, 2007. "The convergence of electricity prices in Europe," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 473-476.
- Martin Ravallion, 1986. "Testing Market Integration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(1), pages 102-109.
- David Genesove, 2004. "Comment on Forni's "Using Stationarity Tests in Antitrust Market Definition"," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 476-478.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Wolfgang Briglauer & Anton Schwarz & Christine Zulehner, 2011. "Is fixed-mobile substitution strong enough to de-regulate fixed voice telephony? Evidence from the Austrian markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 50-67, February.
- Mjelde, James W. & Bessler, David A., 2009. "Market integration among electricity markets and their major fuel source markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 482-491, May.
- John Baffes, 1991. "Some Further Evidence on the Law of One Price: The Law of One Price Still Holds," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1264-1273.
- Mario Forni, 2004.
"Using Stationarity Tests in Antitrust Market Definition,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 441-464.
- Forni, Mario, 2002. "Using Stationarity Tests in Antitrust Market Definition," CEPR Discussion Papers 3236, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Froeb, L.M. & Werden, G.J., 1991. "Correlation, Causality, and all that Jazz: The Inherent Shortcomings of Price Tests for Antitrust Market Delineation," Papers 91-6, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- De Vany, Arthur S. & Walls, W. David, 1999. "Cointegration analysis of spot electricity prices: insights on transmission efficiency in the western US," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 435-448, October.
- Jürgen Wolters & Uwe Hassler, 2006. "Unit root testing," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 90(1), pages 43-58, March.
- Anne Neumann & Boriss Siliverstovs & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006.
"Convergence of European spot market prices for natural gas? A real-time analysis of market integration using the Kalman Filter,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(11), pages 727-732.
- Neumann, Anne & Siliverstovs, Boriss, 2005. "Convergence of European Spot Market Prices for Natural Gas? A Real-Time Analysis of Market Integration using the Kalman Filter," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 05/05, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Jevons, William Stanley, 1871. "The Theory of Political Economy," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number jevons1871.
- Daniel Hosken & Christopher T. Taylor, 2004. "Discussion of "Using Stationarity Tests in Antitrust Market Definition"," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 465-475.
- Stephen Padgett, 1992. "The Single European Energy Market: The Politics of Realization," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 53-76, March.
- Zachmann, Georg, 2008. "Electricity wholesale market prices in Europe: Convergence?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1659-1671, July.
- Cristina Bencivenga & Giulia Sargenti, 2010. "Crucial relationship among energy commodity prices," Working Papers 5, Doctoral School of Economics, Sapienza University of Rome, revised 2010.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Böckers, Veit & Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2013. "Benefits of an integrated European electricity market," DICE Discussion Papers 109, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Hyland, Marie, 2016.
"Restructuring European electricity markets – A panel data analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 33-42.
- Hyland, Marie, 2015. "Restructuring European Electricity Markets ? A Panel Data Analysis," Papers WP504, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- María del Carmen Ruiz-Abellón & Antonio Gabaldón & Antonio Guillamón, 2016. "Dependency-Aware Clustering of Time Series and Its Application on Energy Markets," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-22, October.
- Tomaso Duso & Florian Szücs & Veit Böckers, 2017.
"Abuse of Dominance and Antitrust Enforcement in the German Electricity Market,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6681, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tomaso Duso & Florian Szücs & Veit Böckers, 2017. "Abuse of Dominance and Antitrust Enforcement in the German Electricity Market," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1685, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- de Menezes, Lilian M. & Houllier, Melanie A. & Tamvakis, Michael, 2016. "Time-varying convergence in European electricity spot markets and their association with carbon and fuel prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 613-627.
- Elena Argentesi & Albert Banal-Estanol & Jo Seldeslachts & Meagan Andrews, 2017.
"A Retrospective Evaluation of the GDF/Suez Merger: Effects on Gas Hub Prices,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1664, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Elena Argentesi & Albert Banal-Estañol & Jo Seldeslachts & Meagan Andrews, 2017. " A retrospective evaluation of the GDF/Suez merger: Effects on gas hub prices," Working Papers Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI) 582764, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI).
- Bigerna, Simona & Bollino, Carlo Andrea & Ciferri, Davide & Polinori, Paolo, 2017. "Renewables diffusion and contagion effect in Italian regional electricity markets: Assessment and policy implications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 199-211.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket Structure; Spatial Market Delineation; Time Series Econometrics; Energy Data; Electricity; Europe;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2012-05-22 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2012-05-22 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2012-05-22 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-IND-2012-05-22 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:dicedp:50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diduede.html .