Using Stationarity Tests in Antitrust Market Definition
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Forni, Mario, 2002. "Using Stationarity Tests in Antitrust Market Definition," CEPR Discussion Papers 3236, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stigler, George J & Sherwin, Robert A, 1985.
"The Extent of the Market,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 555-585, October.
- George J. Stigler & Robert A. Sherwin, 1983. "The Extent of the Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 31, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Uri, Noel D & Rifkin, Edward J, 1985. "Geographic Markets, Causality and Railroad Deregulation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 422-428, August.
- Froeb, L.M. & Werden, G.J., 1991. "Correlation, Causality, and all that Jazz: The Inherent Shortcomings of Price Tests for Antitrust Market Delineation," Papers 91-6, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- Christophe Croux & Mario Forni & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2001.
"A Measure Of Comovement For Economic Variables: Theory And Empirics,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 232-241, May.
- Croux, Christophe & Forni, Mario & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 1999. "A Measure of Comovement for Economic Variables: Theory and Empirics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2339, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christophe Croux & Mario Forni & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2001. "A measure of co-movement for economic variables: theory and empirics," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10139, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Scheffman, David T & Spiller, Pablo T, 1987. "Geographic Market Definition under the U.S. Department of Justice Merger Guidelines," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 123-147, April.
- Baker, Jonathan B. & Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1988. "Estimating the residual demand curve facing a single firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 283-300.
- Slade, Margaret E, 1986. "Exogeneity Tests of Market Boundaries Applied to Petroleum Products," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 291-303, March.
- Gregory Werden, 2000. "Market Delineation under the Merger Guidelines: Monopoly Cases and Alternative Approaches," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 16(2), pages 211-218, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haldrup, Niels, "undated". "Empirical analysis of price data in the delineation of the relevant geographical market in competition analysis," Economics Working Papers 2003-9, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Sonali DAS , Rangan GUPTA & Patrick A. KAYA, 2010.
"Convergence Of Metropolitan House Prices In South Africa: A Re-Examination Using Efficient Unit Root Tests,"
Applied Econometrics and International Development,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(1).
- Sonali Das & Rangan Gupta & Patrick Agu Kaya, 2009. "Convergence of Metropolitan House Prices in South Africa: A Re-Examination Using Efficient Unit Root Tests," Working Papers 200922, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mikael Juselius & Moshe Kim & Staffan Ringbom, 2015.
"Do markup dynamics reflect fundamentals or changes in conduct?,"
Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 1119-1147, May.
- Juselius, Mikael & Kim, Moshe & Ringbom, Staffan, 2009. "Do markup dynamics reflect fundamentals or changes in conduct?," Research Discussion Papers 12/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Zipitria, Leandro, 2010. "New Directions in Price Test for Market Definition," MPRA Paper 58046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dennis Sánchez-Navarro, 2012.
"Una propuesta metodológica para la definición de mercados geográficos relevantes,"
ESTUDIOS ECONÓMICOS SIC
010492, SUPERINTENDENCIA DE INDUSTRIA Y COMERCIO.
- Sánchez Navarro, Dennis, 2012.
"Una propuesta metodológica para la definición de mercados geográficos relevantes
[A proposed methodology for defining relevant geographic markets]," MPRA Paper 44498, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sánchez Navarro, Dennis, 2012. "Una propuesta metodológica para la definición de mercados geográficos relevantes
- Paul Geroski & Rachel Griffith, 2004. "Identifying Antitrust Markets," Chapters,in: The International Handbook of Competition, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Böckers, Veit & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014. "The extent of European power markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 102-111.
- Hans L. van Kranenburg, 2005. "Relevant Market and Pricing Behavior of Regional Newspapers in the Netherlands," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 74(3), pages 73-84.
- Amsler Christine & Schmidt Peter, 2012. "A Comparison of the Robustness of Several Tests of Short Memory to Autocorrelated Errors," Journal of Econometric Methods, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 56-66, August.
- Vladimír Hajko & Jaroslav Bil, 2013. "The Relevant Markets for Meat Production and Processing in the Czech Republic: Analysis of the Price Movements," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 178-197, November.
- Javier Elizalde, 2012. "A theoretical approach to market definition analysis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 449-475, December.
- Fiuza, Eduardo P.S. & Tito, Fabiana F.M., 2010. "Post-merger time series analysis: Iron ore mining," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 141-155, September.
- Scalco, Paulo Roberto & Braga, Marcelo Jose, 2014. "Measuring the Degree of Oligopsony Power in the Brazilian Raw Milk Market," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(2).
- Kranenburg Hans van, 2005. "Relevant Market and Pricing Behavior of Regional Newspapers in the Netherlands," Research Memorandum 025, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- James F. Nieberding, 2006. "Estimating overcharges in antitrust cases using a reduced-form approach: Methods and issues," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 361-380, November.
- Hippolyte, Rommell, 2016. "Defining the Relevant Product Market: An Application of Price Tests to the Beer Market in Barbados," MPRA Paper 76183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cuiabano, Simone & Nicolini de Moraes, João Carlos & Pinha, Lucas, 2017. "Application of time series techniques in relevant market delimitation," TSE Working Papers 17-801, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Eduardo P. S. Fiuza & Fabiana F.M. Tito, 2007. "Time Series Econometrics in a Post-Acquisition Antitrust Analysis: The Brazilian Iron Ore Market," Discussion Papers 1306, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Willem Boshoff, 2006. "Quantitative competition analysis: Stationarity tests in geographic market definition," Working Papers 17/2006, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:amlawe:v:6:y:2004:i:2:p:441-464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/aler .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.