Freeze! Financial sanctions and bank responses
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Tibor Besedeš & Stefan Goldbach & Volker Nitsch, 2018.
"Cheap Talk? Financial Sanctions and Non-Financial Activity,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
7069, CESifo Group Munich.
- Besedeš, Tibor & Goldbach, Stefan & Nitsch, Volker, 2018. "Cheap talk? Financial sanctions and non-financial activity," Discussion Papers 09/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Temesvary, Judit, 2014. "The determinants of U.S. banks’ international activities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 233-247.
- Tibor Besedeš & Stefan Goldbach & Volker Nitsch, 2017.
"You’re banned! The effect of sanctions on German cross-border financial flows,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 32(90), pages 263-318.
- Besedeš, Tibor & Goldbach, Stefan & Nitsch, Volker, 2016. "You're banned! the effect of sanctions on German cross-border financial flows," Discussion Papers 12/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Ralph De Haas & Neeltje Van Horen, 2013.
"Running for the Exit? International Bank Lending During a Financial Crisis,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(1), pages 244-285.
- Ralph de Haas & Neeltje van Horen, 2011. "Running for the Exit: International Banks and Crisis Transmission," DNB Working Papers 279, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, 2017.
"Sanctions and export deflection: evidence from Iran,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 32(90), pages 319-355.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, "undated". "Sanctions and Export Deflection: Evidence from Iran," Working Paper 445126, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, "undated". "Sanctions and Exports Deflection: Evidence from Iran," Working Paper 316051, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Asim Ijaz Khwaja & Atif Mian, 2008.
"Tracing the Impact of Bank Liquidity Shocks: Evidence from an Emerging Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1413-1442, September.
- Atif Mian & Asim Ijaz Khwaja, 2006. "Tracing the Impact of Bank Liquidity Shocks: Evidence from an Emerging Market," NBER Working Papers 12612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Kimberly Ann Elliott, 2007. "Economic Sanctions Reconsidered, 3rd edition (hardcover)," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4075, January.
- Ongena, Steven & Popov, Alexander & Udell, Gregory F., 2013.
"“When the cat's away the mice will play”: Does regulation at home affect bank risk-taking abroad?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 727-750.
- Ongena, Steven & Popov, Alexander & Udell, Gregory F., 2012. "When the cat's away the mice will play: does regulation at home affect bank risk taking abroad?," Working Paper Series 1488, European Central Bank.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Kimberly Ann Elliott, 2009. "Economic Sanctions Reconsidered, 3rd Edition (paper)," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4129.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial sanctions; law and finance; cross-border lending; international banking;
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- K33 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - International Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdps:452018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.