Collateral Constraints in a Monetary Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cordoba, Juan Carlos & Ripoll, Marla, 2010. "Collateral Constraints in a Monetary Economy," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32123, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cordoba, Juan & Ripoll, Marla, 2002. "Collateral Constraints in a Monetary Economy," Working Papers 2002-02, Rice University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fuerst, Timothy S, 1995.
"Monetary and Financial Interactions in the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1321-1338, November.
- Timothy S. Fuerst, 1994. "Monetary and financial interaction in the business cycle," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 1321-1353.
- Abel, Andrew B., 1985.
"Dynamic behavior of capital accumulation in a cash-in-advance model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 55-71, July.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1985. "Dynamic Behavior of Capital Accumulation in a Cash-in-Advance Model," NBER Working Papers 1549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999.
"The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlstrom, Charles T & Fuerst, Timothy S, 1997.
"Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 893-910, December.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Timothy S. Fuerst, 1996. "Agency costs, net worth, and business fluctuations: a computable general equilibrium analysis," Working Paper 9602, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Falk, Barry, 1986.
"Further Evidence on the Asymmetric Behavior of Economic Time Series over the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1096-1109, October.
- Falk, Barry L., 1986. "Further Evidence on the Asymmetric Behavior of Economic Time Series over the Business Cycle," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11097, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Thomas Cooley & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2006. "Monetary policy and the financial decisions of firms," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 27(1), pages 243-270, January.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Hansen, Gary D., 1998. "The role of monetary shocks in equilibrium business cycle theory: Three examples," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 605-617, May.
- Narayana R. Kocherlakota, 2000. "Creating business cycles through credit constraints," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 2-10.
- Timothy S. Fuerst & Charles T. Carlstrom, 1998. "Agency costs and business cycles," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(3), pages 583-597.
- Scheinkman, Jose A & Weiss, Laurence, 1986. "Borrowing Constraints and Aggregate Economic Activity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(1), pages 23-45, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anna Agliari & Tiziana Assenza & Domenico Delli Gatti & Emiliano Santoro, 2006.
"Credit Cycles in a OLG Economy with Money and Bequest,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
369, Society for Computational Economics.
- Agliari Anna & Assenza Tiziana & Delli Gatti Domenico & Santoro Emiliano, 2007. "Credit Cycles in a OLG Economy with Money and Bequest," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 103, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Agliari, A. & Assenza, T. & Delli Gatti, D. & Santoro, E., 2007. ""Credit Cycle" in an OLG Economy with Money and Bequest," CeNDEF Working Papers 07-04, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- repec:bis:bisbps:95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Assenza, Tiziana & Agliari, Anna & Delli Gatti, Domenico & Santoro, Emiliano, 2009.
"Borrowing constraints and complex dynamics in an OLG framework,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 656-669, November.
- Tiziana Assenza & Anna Agliari & Domenico Delli Gatti & Emiliano Santoro, 2009. "Borrowing Constraints and Complex Dynamics in an OLG Framework," Post-Print hal-00723003, HAL.
- Awijen, Haithem & Hammami, Sami, 2017. "Financial frictions and regime switching: The role of collateral asset in emerging stock market," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-6, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jessica Roldan Pena & Virginia Olivella, 2010.
"Re-examining the role of financial constraints in business cycles: is something wrong with the credit multiplier?,"
2010 Meeting Papers
377, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Virginia Olivella & Jessica Roldán-Peña, 2013. "Re-examining the Role of Financial Constraints in Business Cycles: Is Something Wrong with the Credit Multiplier?," Working Papers 2013-05, Banco de México.
- Patrick Pintus & Yi Wen, 2013. "Leveraged Borrowing and Boom-Bust Cycles," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(4), pages 617-633, October.
- Barbar, Riham & Bosi, Stefano, 2010. "Collaterals and macroeconomic volatility," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 146-161, September.
- Assenza, Tiziana & Delli Gatti, Domenico, 2013.
"E Pluribus Unum: Macroeconomic modelling for multi-agent economies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1659-1682.
- Assenza, T. & Delli Gatti, D., 2012. "E Pluribus Unum: Macroeconomic Modelling for Multi-agent Economies," CeNDEF Working Papers 12-08, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Tiziana Assenza & Domenico Delli Gatti, 2012. "E Pluribus Unum: Macroeconomic Modelling for Multi-agent Economies," GREDEG Working Papers 2012-08, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Assenza, Tiziana, 2007.
"Borrowing Constraints, Multiple Equilibria and Monetary Policy,"
4049, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Assenza, T., 2007. "Borrowing Constraints, Multiple Equilibria and Monetary Policy," CeNDEF Working Papers 07-05, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Lin, Li & Tsomocos, Dimitrios P. & Vardoulakis, Alexandros P., 2015. "Debt deflation effects of monetary policy," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 81-94.
- Nan-Kuang Chen & Yu-Hsi Chou & Jyh-Lin Wu, 2013. "Credit Constraint and the Asymmetric Monetary Policy Effect on House Prices," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 431-455, October.
- repec:aea:aejmac:v:9:y:2017:i:3:p:222-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haiping Zhang, 2005. "Speculation in Standard Auctions with Resale," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse11_2005, University of Bonn, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordscollateral constraints; liquidity constraints; monetary policy ; business cycles; open market operations;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0309003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.