Dynamic Behavior of Capital Accumulation in a Cash-in-Advance Model
This paper analyzes the dynamic behavior of capital accumulationin Stockman's (1981) cash-in-advance model. If the cash-in-advance constraint applies only to consuittion, then money is superneutral along the transition path as well as in the long run. Alternatively, if the cash-in-advance constraint applies to gross investment as well as consumption, then a permanent increase in the rate of monetary growth reduces the steady state capital stock. The effect on the speed of adjustment depends on the sign of a certain simple function of the parameters of preferences and technology.
|Date of creation:||Jan 1985|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||published as Abel, Andrew B. "Dynamic Behavior of Capital Accumulation in a Cash-in-Advance Model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol. 16, No. 1, July 1985, pp. 55-71.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.orgEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brock, William A., 1975. "A simple perfect foresight monetary model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 133-150, April.
- Andrew B. Abel, .
"Optimal Monetary Growth,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
02-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel, . "Optimal Monetary Growth," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1987. "Optimal Monetary Growth," NBER Working Papers 2136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1979. "Capital Accumulation on the Transition Path in a Monetary Optimizing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(6), pages 1433-39, November.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1981. "Anticipated inflation and the capital stock in a cash in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 387-393.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.