A framework for analyzing competition in the banking sector : an application to the case of Jordan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Yeyati, Eduardo Levy & Micco, Alejandro, 2007.
"Concentration and foreign penetration in Latin American banking sectors: Impact on competition and risk,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1633-1647, June.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Alejandro Micco, 2003. "Concentration and Foreign Penetration in Latin American Banking Sectors: Impact on Competition and Risk," Business School Working Papers cinco, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Alejandro Micco, 2003. "Concentration and Foreign Penetration in Latin American Banking Sectors: Impact on Competition and Risk," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1482, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Alejandro Micco, 2003. "Concentration and Foreign Penetration in Latin American Banking Sectors: Impact on Competition and Risk," Research Department Publications 4353, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Fernandez de Guevara, Juan & Maudos, Joaquin & Perez, Francisco, 2007.
"Integration and competition in the European financial markets,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 26-45, February.
- Francisco Pérez García & Joaquín Maudos Villarroya & Juan Francisco Fernández de Guevara Radoselovics, 2003. "Integration And Competition In The European Financial Markets," Working Papers. Serie EC 2003-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Juan Fernández de Guevara & Joaquín Maudos & Francisco Pérez, 2005. "Market Power in European Banking Sectors," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 109-137, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- How to gauge the world’s banking markets? Look to the World Bank
by ? in FRED blog on 2019-01-31 14:00:57
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pietro Grandi & Caroline Bozou, 2018. "Bank competition and firm credit availability: firm-bank evidence from Europe," Working Papers hal-01897744, HAL.
- Anginer, Deniz & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Zhu, Min, 2014. "How does competition affect bank systemic risk?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-26.
- Chauvet, Lisa & Jacolin, Luc, 2017.
"Financial Inclusion, Bank Concentration, and Firm Performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 1-13.
- L. Chauvet & L. Jacolin, 2016. "Financial Inclusion, Bank Concentration and Firm Performance," Working papers 615, Banque de France.
- Radi Atoom & Eyad Malkawi & Basima Al Share, 2017. "Utilizing Australian Shareholders' Association (ASA): Fifteen Top Financial Ratios to Evaluate Jordanian Banks' Performance," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 1-7.
- Radi Atoom & Eyad Malkawi & Basima Al Share, 0. "Utilizing Australian Shareholders' Association (ASA): Fifteen Top Financial Ratios to Evaluate Jordanian Banks' Performance," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 0, pages 7.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:54:y:2017:i:pb:p:373-392 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mup:actaun:actaun_2013061072701 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Emerging Markets; Access to Finance; Debt Markets; Markets and Market Access;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-01-16 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-BAN-2011-01-16 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2011-01-16 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-REG-2011-01-16 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.