When does rigorous impact evaluation make a difference ? the case of the millennium villages
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael A. Clemens & Gabriel Demombynes, 2011. "When does rigorous impact evaluation make a difference? The case of the Millennium Villages," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 305-339, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Woolcock, 2009.
"Toward a plurality of methods in project evaluation: a contextualised approach to understanding impact trajectories and efficacy,"
Journal of Development Effectiveness,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14.
- Michael Woolcock, 2009. "Towards a Plurality of Methods in Project Evaluation: A Contextualised Approach to Understanding Impact Trajectories and Efficacy," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 7309, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Miriam Bruhn & David McKenzie, 2009.
"In Pursuit of Balance: Randomization in Practice in Development Field Experiments,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(4), pages 200-232, October.
- Bruhn, Miriam & McKenzie, David, 2008. "In pursuit of balance : randomization in practice in development field experiments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4752, The World Bank.
- Kibaara, Betty & Ariga, Joshua & Olwande, John & Jayne, Thom S., 2008.
"Trends in Kenyan Agricultural Productivity: 1997-2007,"
202611, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Kibaara, Betty & Ariga, Joshua & Olwande, John & Jayne, Thomas S., 2008. "Trends in Kenyan Agricultural Productivity: 1997-2007," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 56117, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Chapter II : Is Jeffrey Sachs in a highway to hell?
by Dany Jaimovich - Bakary Baludin in Development Therapy on 2012-05-11 13:40:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Clemens, Gabriel Demombynes, 2013. "The New Transparency in Development Economics: Lessons from the Millennium Villages Controversy," Working Papers 342, Center for Global Development.
- Kamiya, Yusuke & Yoshimura, Yukie & Islam, Mohammad Tajul, 2013. "An impact evaluation of the Safe Motherhood Promotion Project in Bangladesh: Evidence from Japanese aid-funded technical cooperation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 34-41.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2015. "A Review of The Age of Sustainable Development by Jeffrey Sachs," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 53(3), pages 654-666, September.
- Ruth Stewart & Carina van Rooyen & Thea de Wet, 2012. "Purity or pragmatism? Reflecting on the use of systematic review methodology in development," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 430-444, September.
- Maria Lo Bue & Stephan Klasen, 2013.
"Identifying Synergies and Complementarities Between MDGs: Results from Cluster Analysis,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 647-670, September.
- Maria Carmela Lo Bue & Stephan Klasen, 2012. "Identifying synergies and complementarities between MDGs: Results from cluster analysis," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 126, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Datta, Nirupam, 2015. "Evaluating Impacts of Watershed Development Program on Agricultural Productivity, Income, and Livelihood in Bhalki Watershed of Bardhaman District, West Bengal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 443-456.
- Shira Mitchell & Andrew Gelman & Rebecca Ross & Joyce Chen & Sehrish Bari & Uyen Kim Huynh & Matthew W. Harris & Sonia Ehrlich Sachs & Elizabeth A. Stuart & Avi Feller & Susanna Makela & Alan M. Zasla, "undated". "The Millennium Villages Project: A Retrospective, Observational, Endline Evaluation," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 8376cf28448b40f69543be760, Mathematica Policy Research.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing&Human Habitats; Poverty Monitoring&Analysis; Science Education; Scientific Research&Science Parks; Population Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-11-27 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-11-27 (Development)
- NEP-PPM-2010-11-27 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-TUR-2010-11-27 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .