Single mothers in Russia - household strategies for coping with poverty
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lokshin, Michael & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Popkin, Barry M., 2000. "Single Mothers in Russia: Household Strategies for Coping with Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2183-2198, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ofer, Gur & Vinokur, Aaron, 1985. "Work and Family Roles of Soviet Women: Historical Trends and Cross-Section Analysis," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 328-354, January.
- Sheila Krein & Andrea Beller, 1988. "Educational attainment of children from single-parent families: Differences by exposure, gender, and race," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 25(2), pages 221-234, May.
- Mincer, Jacob & Polachek, Solomon, 1974.
"Family Investment in Human Capital: Earnings of Women,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 76-108, Part II, .
- Jacob Mincer & Solomon Polacheck, 1974. "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," NBER Chapters,in: Economics of the Family: Marriage, Children, and Human Capital, pages 397-431 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob Mincer & Solomon Polachek, 1974. "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," NBER Chapters,in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 76-110 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rendall, Michael S & Speare, Alden, Jr, 1995. "Elderly Poverty Alleviation through Living with Family," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 8(4), pages 383-405, November.
- Ermisch,John F., 1991. "Lone Parenthood," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521412438, March.
- Manski, C.F., 1990. "The Selection Problem," Working papers 90-12, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Blau, David M & Robins, Philip K, 1988. "Child-Care Costs and Family Labor Supply," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 374-381, August.
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1996. "Wage Structure and Gender Earnings Differentials: An International Comparison," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages 29-62, Suppl..
- Berliner, Joseph S., 1983. "Education, labor-force participation, and fertility in the USSR," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 131-157, June.
- Charles F. Manski, 1989. "Anatomy of the Selection Problem," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(3), pages 343-360.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1994. "Parental and Public Transfers to Young Women and Their Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1195-1212, December.
- Barry Reilly, 1999. "The gender pay gap in Russia during the transition, 1992-96," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 245-264, March.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Lokshin Michael & Ravallion Martin, 2004. "Household Income Dynamics in Two Transition Economies," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-33, September.
- Mroz, Thomas A & Popkin, Barry M, 1995. "Poverty and the Economic Transition in the Russian Federation," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 1-31, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christoph Bühler & Dimiter Philipov, 2005. "Social Capital Related to Fertility: Theoretical Foundations and Empirical Evidence from Bulgaria," Vienna Yearbook of Population Research, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna, vol. 3(1), pages 53-81.
- World Bank, 2002. "Child Welfare Outcomes During the 1990s : The Case of Russia, Volume 2. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15325, The World Bank.
- Utrata, Jennifer, 2008. "Babushki as Surrogate Wives: How Single Mothers and Grandmothers Negotiate the Division of Labor in Russia," Program in Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies, Working Paper Series qt3b18d2p8, Institute of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Kseniya Abanokova & Michael Lokshin, 2015.
"Changes in household composition as a shock-mitigating strategy,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(2), pages 371-388, April.
- Kseniya Abanokova & Michael Lokshin, 2013. "Changes in household composition as a shock-mitigating strategy," HSE Working papers WP BRP 38/EC/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Judith Record McKinney, 2004. "Lone Mothers In Russia: Soviet And Post-Soviet Policy," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 37-60.
- Joy Pixley & Tsui-o Tai, 2008. "Poverty of Children and Older Adults: Taiwan's Case in an International Perspective," LIS Working papers 493, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Grogan, Louise, 2013.
"Household formation rules, fertility and female labour supply: Evidence from post-communist countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1167-1183.
- Louise Grogan, 2013. "Household Formation Rules, Fertility and Female Labour Supply: Evidence from post-communist countries," Working Papers 1302, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Shireen Kanji, 2011. "Labor Force Participation, Regional Location, and Economic Well-Being of Single Mothers in Russia," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 62-72, March.
- Cordula Zabel, 2008. "Patterns of partnership formation among lone mothers in Russia," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2008-020, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Annette Kohlmann & Sergej M. Zuev, 2001. "Patterns of childbearing in Russia 1994 - 1998," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-018, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Christoph Bühler & Dimiter Philipov, 2005. "Social capital related to fertility: theoretical foundations and empirical evidence from Bulgaria," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2005-016, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Sergey Kapelyuk, 2015. "The effect of minimum wage on poverty," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(2), pages 389-423, April.
- Christoph Bühler, 2003. "Additional work, family agriculture, and the birth of a first or a second child in Russia at the beginning of the 1990s," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2003-012, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Michaela Kreyenfeld & Valerie Martin, 2011. "Economic conditions of stepfamilies from a cross-national perspective," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2011-010, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Olga Kislitsyna & Andrew Stickley & Anna Gilmore & Martin McKee, 2010. "The social determinants of adolescent smoking in Russia in 2004," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(6), pages 619-626, December.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Health Promotion; Housing&Human Habitats; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Social Inclusion&Institutions; Population&Development; Population&Development; Housing&Human Habitats; Education and Society; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Monitoring&Evaluation;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .