How has regionalism in the 1990s affected trade?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1997.
"Is Regionalism Simply a Diversion? Evidence from the Evolution of the EC and EFTA,"
NBER Chapters,in: Regionalism versus Multilateral Trade Arrangements, NBER-EASE Volume 6, pages 141-168
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry J. Eichengreen, 1995. "Is Regionalism Simply a Diversion? Evidence from the Evolution of the EC and EFTA," IMF Working Papers 95/109, International Monetary Fund.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1995. "Is Regionalism Simply a Diversion? Evidence from the Evolution of the EC and EFTA," CEPR Discussion Papers 1294, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1995. "Is Regionalism Simply a Diversion? Evidence From the Evolution of the EC and EFTA," NBER Working Papers 5283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- Laszlo Matyas, 1997. "Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Model," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 363-368, May.
- Aitken, Norman D, 1973. "The Effect of the EEC and EFTA on European Trade: A Temporal Cross-Section Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 881-892, December.
- Alan Deardorff, 1998.
"Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 7-32
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan V. Deardorff, 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," NBER Working Papers 5377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade : Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," Papers 95-05, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Foroutan, Faezeh, 1998. "Does membership in a regional preferential trade arrangement make a country more or less protectionist?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1898, The World Bank.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1989. "The Generalized Gravity Equation, Monopolistic Competition, and the Factor-Proportions Theory in International Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 143-153, February.
- Caroline L. Freund & John McLaren, 1999. "On the dynamics of trade diversion: evidence from four trade blocs," International Finance Discussion Papers 637, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Thoumi, Francisco E., 1989. "Bilateral trade flows and economic integration in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 421-429, March.
- C.A. Primo Braga & Raed Safadi & Alexander Yeats, 1994. "Regional Integration in the Americas: Déjà Vu All Over Again?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 577-602, July.
- Yeats, Alexander J, 1998. "Does Mercosur's Trade Performance Raise Concerns about the Effects of Regional Trade Arrangements?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Wang, Zhen Kun & Winters, L. Alan, 1991. "The Trading Potential of Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Faezeh Foroutan, 1998. "Does Membership in a Regional Preferential Trade Arrangement Make a Country More or Less Protectionist?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 305-335, May.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sarath Chandran, B.P., 2010. "Trade Compatibility Between India And Asean Countries," MPRA Paper 33138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giulia BETTIN & Alessia LO TURCO, 2009. "A Cross Country View On South-North Migration And Trade," Working Papers 331, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Grant, Jason H. & Parmeter, Christopher F., 2008. "Has The World Trade Organization Promoted Successful Regional Trade Agreements?," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6551, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Trotignon, Jérôme, 2010. "Does Regional Integration Promote the Multilateralization of Trade Flows?: a Gravity Model Using Panel Data," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 25, pages 223-251.
- Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Stephan Klasen & Dierk Herzer, 2009.
"Aid and Trade - A Donor's Perspective,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 1184-1202, August.
- Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Stephan Klasen & Dierk Herzer, 2008. "Aid and Trade - A Donor´s Perspective," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 171, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Inmaculada Martínez Zarzoso & Stephan Klasen & Dierk Herzer, 2009. "Aid and Trade - A Donor’s Perspective," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 7, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Adeline Bachellerie & Jérôme Héricourt & Valérie Mignon, 2009.
"From various degrees of trade to various degrees of financial integration: What do interest rates have to say?,"
University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 64(03), pages 365-402, December.
- Adeline Bachellerie & Jérôme Héricourt & Valérie Mignon, 2009. "From Various Degrees of Trade to Various Degrees of Financial Integration: What Do Interest Rates Have to Say?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00649936, HAL.
- Adeline Bachellerie & Jérôme Héricourt & Valérie Mignon, 2009. "From Various Degrees of Trade to Various Degrees of Financial Integration: What do Interest Rates Have to Say?," Working Papers 2009-01, CEPII research center.
- Tiiu Paas & Egle Tafenau, 2004. "The Baltic Sea Region’s Role in Trade Integration," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration,in: Modelling the Economies of the Baltic Sea Region, volume 17, chapter 3, pages 92-115 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Manchin, Miriam & Pelkmans-Balaoing, Annette O., 2008.
"Clothes without an Emperor: Analysis of the preferential tariffs in ASEAN,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 213-223, June.
- Miriam Manchin & Annette O. Pelkmans-Balaoing, 2007. "Clothes without an Emperor: Analysis of the Preferential Tariffs in ASEAN," Development Working Papers 223, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Jérôme Trotignon, 2009. "L'intégration régionale favorise-t-elle la multilatéralisation des échanges ?," Post-Print halshs-00335633, HAL.
- Byambasuren, Tsenguunjav & Gochoo, Munkh-Erdene, 2015. "Optimizing the Structure of Mongolian Foreign Trade and the Alternative Policy of Successful Transition," MPRA Paper 61803, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patricia Augier & Michael Gasiorek & Charles Lai-Tong, 2007. "Multilateralising Regionalism: Relaxing the Rules of Origin Or Can Those Pecs Be Flexed?," CARIS Working Papers 03, Centre for the Analysis of Regional Integration at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Sandra Poncet, 2006. "Economic Integration of Yunnan with the Greater Mekong Subregion ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 303-317, September.
- Seck, Abdoulaye & Cissokho, Lassana & Makpayo, Kossi & Haughton, Jonathan, 2010. "How Important Are Non-Tariff Barriers to Agricultural Trade within ECOWAS?," Working Papers 2010-3, Suffolk University, Department of Economics.
- Simwaka, Kisu, 2010. "An Empirical Evaluation of Trade Potential in Southern African Development Community," MPRA Paper 15894, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lavee, Doron & Beniad, Gilat & Moshe-Jantzis, Moran, 2013. "Israel's foreign trade policy: The benefits of its reform," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 255-270.
- Balasan, Andrei-Cristian, 2012. "Literature review concerning the relationship between globalization and regionalization in the world economy," MPRA Paper 39746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sourafel Girma & Richard Kneller & Mauro Pisu, 2008. "Trade Creation, Replacement, and Destruction in Regional Trade Agreements: Micro-level Evidence for the UK," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 142-158, February.
- Carrere, Celine, 2006. "Revisiting the effects of regional trade agreements on trade flows with proper specification of the gravity model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 223-247, February.
- Rahman, Mohammad Mafizur, 2005. "The Determinants of Bangladesh's Trade: Evidence from the Generalized Gravity Model," Working Papers 3, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsPayment Systems&Infrastructure; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Common Carriers Industry; Trade Policy; Trade and Regional Integration; TF054105-DONOR FUNDED OPERATION ADMINISTRATION FEE INCOME AND EXPENSE ACCOUNT; Economic Theory&Research; Trade Policy; Environmental Economics&Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.