A panel data approach to price-value correlations
Resorting to stationary and non-stationary panel data econometrics we offer tests for "Ricardo's 93% theory of value" for 10 OECD countries over different time periods and aggregation levels. The theory does not find empirical support.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Cantarane, 24 - I-37129 Verona|
Phone: +39 045 802 8095
Fax: +39 045 802 8529
Web page: http://www.dse.univr.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ochoa, Eduardo M, 1989. "Values, Prices, and Wage-Profit Curves in the U.S. Economy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 413-429, September.
- Andrew J. Kliman, 2002. "The law of value and laws of statistics: sectoral values and prices in the US economy, 1977--97," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 299-311, May.
- Emilio Díaz & Rubén Osuna, 2006. "Can we trust in cross-sectional price-value correlation measures? some evidence from the case of Spain," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 28(2), pages 345-363, January.
- Pedroni, Peter, 2004.
"Panel Cointegration: Asymptotic And Finite Sample Properties Of Pooled Time Series Tests With An Application To The Ppp Hypothesis,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 597-625, June.
- Peter Pedroni, 2004. "Panel Cointegration: Asymptotic and Finite Sample Properties of Pooled Time Series Tests with an Application to the PPP Hypothesis," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-15, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007. "A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis & Theodore Mariolis, 2007. "Labour Values, Prices of Production and the Effects of Income Distribution: Evidence from the Greek Economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 425-437.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2002. "Values, prices of production and market prices: some more evidence from the Greek economy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 359-369, May.
- Entorf, Horst, 1997. "Random walks with drifts: Nonsense regression and spurious fixed-effect estimation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 287-296, October.
- Steedman, Ian & Tomkins, Judith, 1998. "On Measuring the Deviation of Prices from Values," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 379-385, May.
- Cockshott, W Paul & Cottrell, Allin F, 1997. "Labour Time versus Alternative Value Bases: A Research Note," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 545-549, July.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003. "Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Emilio Díaz & Rubén Osuna, 2009. "From correlation to dispersion: geometry of the price-value deviation," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 427-440, May.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-652, Special I.
- Emilio DÃaz & RubÃ©n Osuna, 2008. "Understanding spurious correlation: a rejoinder to Kliman," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 31(2), pages 357-362, December.
- Andrew Kliman, 2008. "What is spurious correlation? a reply to DÃaz and Osuna," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 31(2), pages 345-356, December.
- Emilio Díaz & Rubén Osuna, 2007. "Indeterminacy in price–value correlation measures," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 389-399, November.
- Petrovic, Pavle, 1987. "The Deviation of Production Prices from Labour Values: Some Methodology and Empirical Evidence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 197-210, September.
- Choi, In, 2001. "Unit root tests for panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-272, April.
- Vaona, Andrea, 2015. "Price–price deviations are highly persistent," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 86-95.
- S. P. Burke & L. G. Godfrey & A. R. Tremayne, 1990. "Testing AR(1) Against MA(1) Disturbances in the Linear Regression Model: An Alternative Procedure," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 135-145.
- Nelson C. Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2003. "Cointegration Vector Estimation by Panel DOLS and Long-run Money Demand," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(5), pages 655-680, December.
- Nelson C. Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2002. "Cointegration Vector Estimation by Panel DOLS and Long-Run Money Demand," NBER Technical Working Papers 0287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2008. "Price-value deviations: further evidence from input-output data of Japan," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(6), pages 707-724. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ver:wpaper:14/2011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Reiter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.