Earnings and Labor Mobility in Rural China: Implications for China's WTO Entry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Emmanuel Skoufias, 1994. "Using Shadow Wages to Estimate Labor Supply of Agricultural Households," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(2), pages 215-227.
- Knight, John & Song, Lina, 1999. "The Rural-Urban Divide: Economic Disparities and Interactions in China," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198293309.
- William L. Parish & Xiaoye Zhe & Fang Li, "undated". "Nonfarm Work and Marketization of the Chinese Countryside," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 95-6, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Hao Zhou, 1999.
"Rural-urban disparity and sectoral labour allocation in China,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 105-133.
- Yang, Dennis T. & Hao Zhou, 1997. "Rural-Urban Disparity and Sectoral Labor Allocation in China," Working Papers 97-02, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Zhao, Yaohui, 1999. "Labor Migration and Earnings Differences: The Case of Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 767-782, July.
- Hare, Denise, 1999. "Women's Economic Status in Rural China: Household Contributions to Male-Female Disparities in the Wage-Labor Market," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1011-1029, June.
- Yao, Yang, 1999. "Rural industry and labor market integration in eastern China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 463-496, August.
- Meng,Xin, 2009. "Labour Market Reform in China," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521121118, April.
- Knight, J & Song, L, 1997. "Chinese Peasant Choices : Farming, Rural Industry or Migration," Economics Series Working Papers 99188, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Dennis Tao, 1997. "Education and Off-Farm Work," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 613-632, April.
- Rawski, Thomas G. & Mead, Robert W., 1998. "On the trail of China's phantom farmers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 767-781, May.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Regmi, Punya Prasad, 2000.
"Estimating labor supply of farm households under nonseparability: empirical evidence from Nepal,"
Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 309-320, April.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Regmi, Punya Prasad, 2000. "Estimating labor supply of farm households under nonseparability: empirical evidence from Nepal," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 22(3), April.
- David Dollar & Aart Kraay, 2004. "Trade, Growth, and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 22-49, February.
- Li, Tianyou & Zhang, Junsen, 1998. "Returns to education under collective and household farming in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 307-335, August.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Denise Hare, 1999. "'Push' versus 'pull' factors in migration outflows and returns: Determinants of migration status and spell duration among China's rural population," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 45-72.
- Harry X Wu & Li Zhou, 1996. "Research on Rural-to-Urban Labour Migration in the Post-Reform China: A Survey," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1996-04, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
- Winters, L. Alan, 2000. "Trade, Trade Policy and Poverty: What Are The Links?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2382, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yaohui Zhao, 1999. "Leaving the Countryside: Rural-to-Urban Migration Decisions in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 281-286, May.
- World Bank, 2001. "China : Overcoming Rural Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13902.
- Hanan G. Jacoby, 1993. "Shadow Wages and Peasant Family Labour Supply: An Econometric Application to the Peruvian Sierra," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 903-921.
- Hare, Denise, 1994. "Rural nonagricultural activities and their impact on the distribution of income: Evidence from farm households in Southern China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 59-82.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderson, Kym & Huang, Jikun & Ianchovichina, Elena, 2004.
"Will China's WTO accession worsen farm household incomes?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 443-456.
- Anderson, Kym & Huang, Jikun & Ianchovichina, Elena, 2002. "Impact of China’s WTO Accession on Rural-Urban Income Inequality," 2002 Conference (46th), February 13-15, 2002, Canberra 173975, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Anderson, Kym & Huang, Jikun & Ianchovichina, Elena, 2004. "Will China's WTO Accession Worsen Rural Poverty?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4196, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anderson, Kym & Huang, Jikun & Ianchovichina, Elena, 2003. "Long-run impacts of China's WTO accession on farm-nonfarm income inequality and rural poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3052, The World Bank.
- Kym Anderson & Jikun Huang & Elena Ianchovichina, 2002. "Impact of ChinaÂ’s WTO Accession on Farm-Nonfarm Income Inequality and Rural Poverty," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-11, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Zhai, Fan & Hertel, Thomas W., 2009. "Economic and Poverty Impacts of Agricultural, Trade and Factor Market Reforms in China," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 52787, World Bank.
- Yu CHEN & Sylvie DEMURGER & Martin FOURNIER, 2003.
"Wage Differentials and Ownership Structure in Chinese Enterprises,"
- Yu CHEN & Sylvie DEMURGER & Martin FOURNIER, 2004. "Wage Differentials and Ownership Structure in Chinese Enterprises," Working Papers 200404, CERDI.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwo:epuwoc:20028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/epri_workingpapers.html .