Mental and physical health: reconceptualising the relationship with employment propensity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cai, Lixin, 2010.
"The relationship between health and labour force participation: Evidence from a panel data simultaneous equation model,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 77-90, January.
- Lixin Cai, 2007. "The Relationship between Health and Labour Force Participation: Evidence from a Panel Data Simultaneous Equation Model," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n01, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Victoria D. Ojeda & Richard G. Frank & Thomas G. McGuire & Todd P. Gilmer, 2010. "Mental illness, nativity, gender and labor supply," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 396-421.
- Kidd, Michael P. & Sloane, Peter J. & Ferko, Ivan, 2000.
"Disability and the labour market: an analysis of British males,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 961-981, November.
- Michael P. Kidd & Peter J. Sloane & Ivan Ferko, 1998. "Disability and the Labour Market: an analysis of British males," Working Papers 98-10, Department of Economics, University of Aberdeen.
- Anson, Ofra & Paran, Esther & Neumann, Lily & Chernichovsky, Dov, 1993. "Gender differences in health perceptions and their predictors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 419-427, February.
- Schmitz, Hendrik, 2011. "Why are the unemployed in worse health? The causal effect of unemployment on health," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 71-78, January.
- van Wijk, Cécile M. T. Gijsbers & Kolk, Annemarie M., 1997. "Sex differences in physical symptoms: The contribution of symptom perception theory," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 231-246, July.
- Melanie K. Jones & Paul L. Latreille & Peter J. Sloane, 2006. "Disability, gender, and the British labour market," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 407-449, July.
- Deborah Foster & Patricia Fosh, 2010. "Negotiating 'Difference': Representing Disabled Employees in the British Workplace," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 48(3), pages 560-582, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMental health; Physical health; Employment status; Ethnicity; Gender;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- J29 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Other
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwe:wpaper:20121206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felix Ritchie). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seuweuk.html .