The Internet and Economic Growth in Least Developed Countries
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki|
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joanne E Oxley & Bernard Yeung, 2001. "E-Commerce Readiness: Institutional Environment and International Competitiveness," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(4), pages 705-723, December.
- Hilbert, Martin R., 2001. "Latin America on its path into the digital age: where are we?," Desarrollo Productivo 104, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Pohjola, M., 1998. "Information Technology and Economic Development: An Introduction to the Research Issues," Research Paper 153, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1993. "State-specific estimates of state and local government capital," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 185-209, April.
- Paul Romer, 1990.
"Are Nonconvexities Important For Understanding Growth?,"
NBER Working Papers
3271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Are Nonconvexities Important for Understanding Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 97-103, May.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2000.
"Does the "New Economy" Measure up to the Great Inventions of the Past?,"
NBER Working Papers
7833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2000. "Does the "New Economy" Measure Up to the Great Inventions of the Past?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 49-74, Fall.
- Gordon, Robert J, 2000. "Does the 'New Economy' Measure up to the Great Inventions of the Past?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2607, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jörg MAYER, 2000. "Globalization, Technology Tranfer And Skill Accumulation In Low-Income Countries," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 150, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2001.
"Geography and International Inequalities: the Impact of New Technologies,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0507, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Anthony Venables, 2001. "Geography and International Inequalities: The Impact of New Technologies," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 135-159, June.
- Guillén, Mauro F. & Suárez, Sandra L., 2001. "Developing the Internet: entrepreneurship and public policy in Ireland, Singapore, Argentina, and Spain," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 349-371, June.
- Jacques Mairesse & Nathalie Greenan & Agnes Topiol-Bensaid, 2001. "Information Technology and Research and Development Impacts on Productivity and Skills: Looking for Correlations on French Firm Level Data," NBER Working Papers 8075, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1998.
"Computing Inequality: Have Computers Changed the Labor Market?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1169-1213.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Computing Inequality: Have Computers Changed the Labor Market?," NBER Working Papers 5956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Fink, Gunther & Finlay, Jocelyn E., 2007.
"Does age structure forecast economic growth?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 569-585.
- Charles Kenny, 1999. "Why aren't countries rich?: Weak states and bad neighbourhoods," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 26-47.
- Paul Schreyer, 2000. "The Contribution of Information and Communication Technology to Output Growth: A Study of the G7 Countries," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2000/2, OECD Publishing.
- Lal, K., 1996. "Information technology, international orientation and performance: A case study of electrical and electronic goods manufacturing firms in India," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 269-280, September.
- Madden, Gary G & Savage, Scott J, 1997.
"CEE telecommunications investment and economic growth,"
11843, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Jul 1997.
- Madden, Gary & Savage, Scott J., 1998. "CEE telecommunications investment and economic growth," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 173-195, June.
- Hummels, David, 2001.
"Time as a Trade Barrier,"
GTAP Working Papers
1152, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Bill Lehr & Frank Lichtenberg, 1999. "Information technology and its impact on firm-level productivity: evidence from government and private data sources, 1977-1993," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 335-362, April.
- Stiroh, Kevin J, 1998. "Computers, Productivity, and Input Substitution," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(2), pages 175-91, April.
- Garcia-Mila, Teresa & McGuire, Therese J., 1992. "The contribution of publicly provided inputs to states' economies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 229-241, June.
- David E. Altig & Peter Rupert, 1999. "Growth and the internet: surfing to prosperity?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Sep.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1994. "Public-Sector Capital and the Productivity Puzzle," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 12-21, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2002-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.