Systems of Innovation and Underdevelopment: An Institutional Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hargittai, Eszter, 1999. "Weaving the Western Web: explaining differences in Internet connectivity among OECD countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(10-11), pages 701-718, November.
- Kiiski, Sampsa & Pohjola, Matti, 2002. "Cross-country diffusion of the Internet," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 297-310, June.
- Mark Doms & Timothy Dunne & Kenneth R. Troske, 1997. "Workers, Wages, and Technology," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 253-290.
- David, Paul A., 1994. "Why are institutions the 'carriers of history'?: Path dependence and the evolution of conventions, organizations and institutions," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 205-220, December.
- Akyuz, Yilmaz & Gore, Charles, 2001. "African Economic Development in a Comparative Perspective," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 265-288, May.
- K Lal & Shampa Paul, 2004. "Digital Divide and International Orientation:Evidence From Asia-Pacific Countries," The IUP Journal of Applied Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(2), pages 31-41, March.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N., 2001. "Making sense of institutions as a factor shaping economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 31-54, January.
- Banji Oyelaran‐Oyeyinka & Lou Barclay, 2004. "Human Capital and Systems of Innovation in African Development," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 16(1), pages 115-138.
- Oyelaran-Oyeyinka, Banji & Lal, Kaushalesh, 2005. "Internet diffusion in sub-Saharan Africa: A cross-country analysis," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 507-527, August.
- José E. Cassiolato & Helena M.M. Lastres & Maria Lucia Maciel (ed.), 2003. "Systems of Innovation and Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2959.
- Intarakumnerd, Patarapong & Chairatana, Pun-arj & Tangchitpiboon, Tipawan, 2002. "National innovation system in less successful developing countries: the case of Thailand," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1445-1457, December.
- Metcalfe, J S, 1994. "Evolutionary Economics and Technology Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 931-944, July.
- Carlsson, Bo, 1997. "On and off the beaten path: The evolution of four technological systems in Sweden," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 775-799, October.
- Kenneth L. Sokoloff & Stanley L. Engerman, 2000. "Institutions, Factor Endowments, and Paths of Development in the New World," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 217-232, Summer.
- Brautigam, Deborah, 1997. "Substituting for the state: Institutions and industrial development in eastern Nigeria," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1063-1080, July.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
- Mikesell, Raymond F, 1997. "Explaining the resource curse, with special reference to mineral-exporting countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 191-199, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lundvall , Bengt-Åke & Vang , Jan & Joseph , KJ & Chaminade , Cristina, 2013. "Bridging Innovation System Research and Development Studies: challenges and research opportunities," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/33, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Verónica Baz & Maria Cristina Capelo & Rodrigo Centeno & Ricardo Estrada, 2010.
"Productive Development Policies in Latin America and the Caribbean: The Case of Mexico,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
3968, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Veronica Baz & Maria Cristina Capelo & Rodrigo Centeno & Ricardo Estrada, 2010. "Productive Development Policies in Latin America and the Caribbean: The Case of Mexico," Research Department Publications 4693, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Egbetokun A. & Oluwatope O. & Adeyeye D. & Sanni M., 2014. "The role of industry and economic context in open innovation: Evidence from Nigeria," MERIT Working Papers 073, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Oluseye Oladayo Jegede & Matthew O. Ilori & Martins Olusola Olorunfemi & Billy A. Oluwale, 2016. "On the link between human capital, innovation and performance: evidence from a resource-based economy," International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 13(1), pages 27-49.
- Hall, Andy & Sulaiman, Rasheed & Bezkorowajnyj, Peter, 2008. "Reframing technical change: Livestock Fodder Scarcity Revisited as Innovation Capacity Scarcity: Part 2. A Framework for Analysis," MERIT Working Papers 003, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Innovation Policy; Capacity Building; Learning; Economic Development; Infrastructure; Sub-Saharan Africa;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2005-05-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-PKE-2005-05-29 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-TID-2005-05-29 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unuint:200501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .