Repeated Job Quits: Stepping stones or learning about quality?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anne Gielen, 2013. "Repeated job quits: stepping stones or learning about quality?," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Gielen, Anne C., 2008. "Repeated Job Quits: Stepping Stones or Learning about Quality?," IZA Discussion Papers 3838, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph G. Altonji & Christina H. Paxson, 1986. "Job Characteristics and Hours of Work," NBER Working Papers 1895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1978. "Job Satisfaction as an Economic Variable," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 135-141, May.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Rasmus Lentz & Dale T. Mortensen & George R. Neumann & Axel Werwatz, 2005.
"On-the-Job Search and the Wage Distribution,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 31-58, January.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Mortensen, Dale & Neumann, George R. & Werwatz, Axel, 2000. "On the job search and the wage distribution," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,108, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Rasmus Lentz & Dale T. Mortensen & George R. Neumann & Axel Werwatz, 2003. "On the Job Search and the Wage Distribution," CAM Working Papers 2004-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Neal, Derek, 1999. "The Complexity of Job Mobility among Young Men," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 237-261, April.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen, 1988. "Job Switching and Job Satisfaction in the U.S. Labor Market," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 495-594.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Audrey Light & Kathleen McGarry, 1998. "Job Change Patterns And The Wages Of Young Men," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 276-286, May.
- Böckerman, Petri & Ilmakunnas, Pekka, 2007. "Job disamenities, job satisfaction, quit intentions, and actual separations: putting the pieces together," MPRA Paper 3245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004.
"How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, July.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002. "How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ronni Pavan, 2010. "The Role of Career Choice in Understanding Job Mobility," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(2), pages 107-127, June.
- Levy-Garboua, Louis & Montmarquette, Claude & Simonnet, Veronique, 2007.
"Job satisfaction and quits,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 251-268, April.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette & Véronique Simonnet, 2007. "Job Satisfaction and Quits," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00203158, HAL.
- Gueorgui Kambourov & Iourii Manovskii, 2008. "Rising Occupational And Industry Mobility In The United States: 1968-97," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(1), pages 41-79, February.
- Garcia Perez, Jose Ignacio & Rebollo Sanz, Yolanda, 2005.
"Wage changes through job mobility in Europe: A multinomial endogenous switching approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 531-555, August.
- José Ignacio García Pérez & Yolanda Rebollo Sanz, 2004. "Wage changes through job mobility in Europe: A multinomial endogenous switching approach," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/70, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Farber, Henry S., 1999. "Mobility and stability: The dynamics of job change in labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 2439-2483 Elsevier.
- Munasinghe, Lalith & Sigman, Karl, 2004. "A hobo syndrome? Mobility, wages, and job turnover," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 191-218, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferreira, Priscila & Taylor, Mark, 2011. "Measuring match quality using subjective data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 304-306.
- Lixin Cai, 2015. "The dynamics of low pay employment in Australia," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(7), pages 1095-1123, October.
- Hetschko, Clemens & Chadi, Adrian, 2014.
"The Magic of the New: How Job Changes Affect Job Satisfaction,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100329, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Adrian Chadi & Clemens Hetschko, 2014. "The Magic of the New: How Job Changes Affect Job Satisfaction," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201405, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Michela Ponzo, 2012.
"On-the-job Search in Italian Labor Markets: An Empirical Analysis,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 213-232, July.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2009. "On-the-job Search in Italian Labour Markets: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 15476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2010. "On-the-job search in Italian labour markets: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 25485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haywood, Luke, 2016. "Wealth effects on job preferences," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-11.
- Adele Bergin, 2013. "Job Changes and Wage Changes: Estimation with Measurement Error in a Binary Variable," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n240-13.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Adrian Chadi & Clemens Hetschko, 2015.
"How Job Changes Affect People's Lives: Evidence from Subjective Well-Being Data,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
747, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Adrian Chadi & Clemens Hetschko, 2016. "How Job Changes Affect People's Lives - Evidence from Subjective Well-being Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 5929, CESifo Group Munich.
- Adrian Chadi & Clemens Hetschko, 2015. "How Job Changes Affect People's Lives - Evidence from Subjective Well-being Data," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201502, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Luke Haywood, 2014. "Too Rich to Do the Dirty Work?: Wealth Effects on the Demand for Good Jobs," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1355, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ponzo, Michela, 2009. "On-the-job search in italian labour markets: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 24200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordseducation; training and the labour market;
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2009-01-10 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2009-01-10 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umaror:2008010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/romaanl.html .