Grading Standards in Education Departments at Universities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Aaronson & Lisa Barrow & William Sander, 2007.
"Teachers and Student Achievement in the Chicago Public High Schools,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 95-135.
- Daniel Aaronson & Lisa Barrow & William Sander, 2002. "Teachers and student achievement in the Chicago public high schools," Working Paper Series WP-02-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Arcidiacono, Peter, 2004. "Ability sorting and the returns to college major," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 343-375.
- William Chan & Li Hao & Wing Suen, 2007. "A Signaling Theory Of Grade Inflation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(3), pages 1065-1090, August.
- Philip Babcock, 2010. "Real Costs Of Nominal Grade Inflation? New Evidence From Student Course Evaluations," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(4), pages 983-996, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodney J. Andrews & Scott A. Imberman & Michael F. Lovenheim, 2017.
"Risky Business? The Effect of Majoring in Business on Earnings and Educational Attainment,"
NBER Working Papers
23575, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodney J. Andrews & Scott Imberman & Michael Lovenheim, 2017. "Risky Business? The Effect of Majoring in Business on Earnings and Educational Attainment," Working Papers 2017-060, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Hinrichs, Peter, 2014. "What Kind of Teachers Are Schools Looking For? Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment," Working Paper 1436, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Benjamin Artz & David M. Welsch, 2013. "The Effect of Student Evaluations on Academic Success," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 8(1), pages 100-119, January.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Cory Koedel, 2014.
"Race and College Success: Evidence from Missouri,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 20-57, July.
- Cory Koedel & Peter Arcidiacono, 2012. "Race and College Success: Evidence from Missouri," Working Papers 1212, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 15 Jul 2013.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Cory Koedel, 2013. "Race and College Success: Evidence from Missouri," NBER Working Papers 19188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Esteban Aucejo & Ken Spenner, 2012. "What happens after enrollment? An analysis of the time path of racial differences in GPA and major choice," IZA Journal of Labor Economics, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-24, December.
More about this item
KeywordsGrading Standards; Grade Inflation; Grading Standards in Departments of Education; Teacher Training;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-04-17 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-04-17 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2010-04-17 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:umc:wpaper:1002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Kulp). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edumous.html .