Social security schemes and labor supply in the formal and informal sectors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maloney, William F., 2004. "Informality Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011.
"Informal Workers across Europe: Evidence from 30 Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5871, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011. "Informal workers across Europe : evidence from 30 European countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5912, The World Bank.
- Mariano Bosch & Marco Manacorda, 2012.
"Social Policies and Labor Market Outcomes in Latin America and the Caribbean: A Review of the Existing Evidence,"
CEP Occasional Papers
32, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bosch, Mariano & Manacorda, Marco, 2012. "Social policies and labor market outcomes in Latin America and the Caribbean: a review of the existing evidence," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58003, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rofman, Rafael & Fajnzylber, Eduardo & Herrera, Germán, 2010. "Reformando las reformas previsionales: en la Argentina y Chile," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2011.
"The Effects of Health Insurance and Self‐Insurance on Retirement Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 79(3), pages 693-732, May.
- Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2001. "The effects of health insurance and self-insurance on retirement behavior," Working Paper Series WP-01-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Eric French & John BaileyJones, 2007. "The Effects of Health Insurance and Self-Insurance on Retirement Behavior," Working Papers wp170, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Eric French and John Jones, 2001. "The Effects of Health Insurance and Self-Insurance on Retirement Behavior," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 24, Society for Computational Economics.
- Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2004. "The Effects of Health Insurance and Self-Insurance on Retirement Behavior," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2004-12, Center for Retirement Research, revised Apr 2004.
- John Bailey Jones & Eric French, 2010. "The Effects of Health Insurance and Self-Insurance on Retirement Behavior," Discussion Papers 10-10, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Serven, Luis & Sugawara, Naotaka, 2009. "Informality in Latin America and the Caribbean," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4888, The World Bank.
- Marisa Bucheli & Rodrigo Ceni, 2010.
"Informality Sectoral Selection and Earnings in Uruguay,"
El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 25(2), pages 281-307.
- Marisa Bucheli & Rodrigo Ceni, 2007. "Informality: Sectoral Selection and Earnings in Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 2007, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Sebastian Galiani & Federico Weinschelbaum, 2012.
"Modeling Informality Formally: Households And Firms,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(3), pages 821-838, July.
- Sebastian Galiani & Federico Weinschelbaum, 2007. "Modeling Informality Formally: Households and Firms," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0047, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Robalino, David A. & Zylberstajn, Eduardo & Zylberstajn, Helio & Afonso, Luis Eduardo, 2009.
"Ex-ante methods to assess the impact of social insurance policies on labor supply with an application to Brazil,"
Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes
52448, The World Bank.
- Robalino, David A. & Zylberstajn, Helio, 2009. "Ex-ante methods to assess the impact of social insurance policies on labor supply with an application to Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5027, The World Bank.
- van der Klaauw, Wilbert & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 2008.
"Social security and the retirement and savings behavior of low-income households,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 21-42, July.
- Wilbert van der Klaauw & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2005. "Social Security and the Retirement and Savings Behavior of Low Income Households," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-020, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Pratap, Sangeeta & Quintin, Erwan, 2006. "Are labor markets segmented in developing countries? A semiparametric approach," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1817-1841, October.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2012. "The Shadow Economy and Work in the Shadow: What Do We (Not) Know?," IZA Discussion Papers 6423, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Petra Todd & Viviana Vélez-Grajales, 2008. "How Pension Rules Affect Work and Contribution Patterns: A Behavioral Model of the Chilean Privatized Pension System," Working Papers wp193, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Robert Holzmann & David A. Robalino & Noriyuki Takayama, 2009. "Closing the Coverage Gap : The Role of Social Pensions and Other Retirement Income Transfers," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2651, June.
- Keane, Michael P & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1997. "The Career Decisions of Young Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(3), pages 473-522, June.
- Rodrigo Ceni, 2014. "Informality and government enforcement in Latin America," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 14-21, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Mariano Bosch & Jarret Guajardo, 2012. "Labor Market Impacts of Non-Contributory Pensions: The Case of Argentina's Moratorium," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 78158, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Amaral, Pedro S. & Quintin, Erwan, 2006. "A competitive model of the informal sector," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1541-1553, October.
- Magnac, Th, 1991. "Segmented or Competitive Labor Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 165-187, January.
- Forteza, Alvaro & Apella, Ignacio & Fajnzylber, Eduardo & Grushka, Carlos & Rossi, Ianina & Sanroman, Graciela, 2009.
"Work histories and pension entitlements in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay,"
Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes
52446, The World Bank.
- Alvaro Forteza & Ignacio Apella & Eduardo Fajnzylber & Carlos Grushka & Ianina Rossi & Graciela Sanroman, 2009. "Work Histories and Pension Entitlements in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay," Working Papers 32, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Sep 2009.
- Rofman, Rafael, 2000. "The pension system in Argentina - six years after the reform," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23089, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsinformality; discrete choice; pension schemes; Argentina;
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2014-11-07 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2014-11-07 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-DEM-2014-11-07 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-IUE-2014-11-07 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2014-11-07 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2014-11-07 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulr:wpaper:dt-12-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrés Dean). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ierauuy.html .