Cognitive Comparative Advantage and the Organization of Work: Lessons from Herbert Simon's Vision of the Future
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Langlois, Richard N., 2003. "Cognitive comparative advantage and the organization of work: Lessons from Herbert Simon's vision of the future," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 167-187, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Babbage, Charles, 1832. "Economy of Machinery and Manufactures," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number babbage1832.
- Langlois, Richard N & Cosgel, Metin M, 1993. "Frank Knight on Risk, Uncertainty, and the Firm: A New Interpretation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 456-465, July.
- Paul L. Robertson & Lee J. Alston, 1992. "Technological choice and the organization of work in capitalist firms," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 45(2), pages 330-349, May.
- Richard N. Langlois & Metin M. Cosgel, 1996. "The Organization of Consumption," Working papers 1996-07, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Cosmides, Leda & Tooby, John, 1994. "Better than Rational: Evolutionary Psychology and the Invisible Hand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 327-332.
- Nelson, Katherine & Nelson, Richard R., 2002. "On the nature and evolution of human know-how," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 719-733.
- Pratten, Clifford F, 1980. "The Manufacture of Pins," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 93-96.
- Young, Allyn A., 1928. "Increasing Returns and Economic Progress," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 38, pages 527-542.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2010.
"Los mercados de opinión pública
[The markets of public opinion]," MPRA Paper 20161, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Davide Consoli & Francesco Vona & Francesco Rentocchini, 2016.
"That was then, this is now: skills and routinization in the 2000s,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(5), pages 847-866.
- Consoli,Davide & Vona,Francesco & Rentocchini,Francesco, 2014. "That was then, this is now: Skills and Routinization in the 2000s," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201306, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- Davide Consoli & Francesco Rentocchini & Francesco Vona, 2014. "That was then, this is now: Skills and Routinization in the 2000s," Sciences Po publications 18, Sciences Po.
- Davide Consoli & Francesco Vona & Francesco Rentocchini, 2014. "That was then, this is now: Skills and Routinization in the 2000s," SPRU Working Paper Series 2014-18, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Richard Langlois, 2013. "The Institutional Revolution: A review essay," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 383-395, December.
- Cordes, Christian & Richerson, Peter J. & McElreath, Richard & Strimling, Pontus, 2008.
"A naturalistic approach to the theory of the firm: The role of cooperation and cultural evolution,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 125-139, October.
- Christian Cordes & Peter J. Richerson & Richard McElreath & Pontus Strimling, 2006. "A Naturalistic Approach to the Theory of the Firm: The Role of Cooperation and Cultural Evolution," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2006-06, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2010. "Economics and Rationality of organizations: an approach to the work of Herbert A. Simon," MPRA Paper 21811, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garzarelli, Giampaolo & Limam, Yasmina Reem & Thomassen, Bjørn, 2007. "Open Source Software and Economic Growth: A Classical Division of Labor Perspective," MPRA Paper 3849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stracca, Livio, 2004. "Behavioral finance and asset prices: Where do we stand?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 373-405, June.
- Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro & Pier Saviotti, 2014.
"Knowledge characteristics and the dynamics of technological alliances in pharmaceuticals: empirical evidence from Europe, US and Japan,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 587-622, July.
- Krafft Jackie & Quatraro Francesco & Saviotti Pier Paolo, 2011. "Knowledge characteristics and the dynamics of technological alliances in Pharmaceuticals: Empirical evidence from Europe, US and Japan," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201113, University of Turin.
- Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro & Pier-Paolo Saviotti, 2014. "Knowledge characteristics and the dynamics of technological alliances in Pharmaceuticals: Empirical evidence from Europe, US and Japan," Post-Print hal-01070561, HAL.
- David Harper, 2008. "A bioeconomic study of numeracy and economic calculation," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, pages 101-126.
- Delmar, Frédéric & McKelvie, Alexander & Wennberg, Karl, 2013. "Untangling the relationships among growth, profitability and survival in new firms," Ratio Working Papers 205, The Ratio Institute.
- Christian Cordes, 2014. "There are several ways to incorporate evolutionary concepts into economic thinking," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2014-02, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2002-11-18 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-COM-2002-11-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-TID-2002-11-18 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2002-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .