A bioeconomic study of numeracy and economic calculation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur J. Robson, 2001. "The Biological Basis of Economic Behavior," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(1), pages 11-33, March.
- Langlois, Richard N., 2003.
"Cognitive comparative advantage and the organization of work: Lessons from Herbert Simon's vision of the future,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 167-187, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002. "Cognitive Comparative Advantage and the Organization of Work: Lessons from Herbert Simon's Vision of the Future," Working papers 2002-20, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Janet Landa & Michael Ghiselin, 2005. "The Economics and Bioeconomics of Classification: Introduction," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 215-220, December.
- Michael Ghiselin & Janet Landa, 2005. "The Economics and Bioeconomics of Folk and Scientific Classification," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 221-238, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Hartwick, 2010.
"Encephalization and division of labor by early humans,"
Journal of Bioeconomics,
Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 77-100, July.
- John Hartwick, 2007. "Encephalization and Division of Labor by Early Humans," Working Papers 1161, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsNumerical cognition; Economic quantification; Monetary calculation; Iconic and non-iconic representation of cardinality; B52; D02; D23; D83; L14; 017; Z13;
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbioec:v:10:y:2008:i:2:p:101-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.