Love Conquers All but Nicotine : Spousal Peer Effects on the Decision to Quit Smoking
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Palali, Ali & van Ours, Jan C., 2015. "Love conquers all but nicotine; spousal peer effects on the decision to quit smoking," CEPR Discussion Papers 10860, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Kerry Anne McGeary, 2013. "Spousal Effects in Smoking Cessation: Matching, Learning, or Bargaining?," NBER Working Papers 19274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Etile, Fabrice, 2006.
"Don't give up on me baby: Spousal correlation in smoking behaviour,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, pages 958-978.
- Andrew Clark & Fabrice Etilé, 2003. "Don't Give up on me Baby: Spousal Correlation in Smoking Behaviour," DELTA Working Papers 2003-25, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Clark, Andrew E. & Etilé, Fabrice, 2005. "Don't Give Up On Me Baby: Spousal Correlation in Smoking Behaviour," IZA Discussion Papers 1692, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark & Fabrice Etilé, 2006. "Don't give up onme baby: spousal correlation in smoking behaviour," Post-Print halshs-00754129, HAL.
- Lundborg, Petter, 2006. "Having the wrong friends? Peer effects in adolescent substance use," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 214-233, March.
- Canta Chiara & Dubois Pierre, 2015.
"Smoking within the Household: Spousal Peer Effects and Children’s Health Implications,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, pages 1939-1973.
- Canta, Chiara & Dubois, Pierre, 2011. "Smoking within the Household: Spousal Peer Effects and Children's Health Implications," IDEI Working Papers 690, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jan 2014.
- Canta, Chiara & Dubois, Pierre, 2011. "Smoking within the Household: Spousal Peer Effects and Children's Health Implications," TSE Working Papers 11-260, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Jan 2014.
- David Card & Laura Giuliano, 2013.
"Peer Effects and Multiple Equilibria in the Risky Behavior of Friends,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(4), pages 1130-1149, October.
- David Card & Laura Giuliano, 2011. "Peer Effects and Multiple Equilibria in the Risky Behavior of Friends," NBER Working Papers 17088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason Abrevaya & Hongfei Tang, 2011.
"Body mass index in families: spousal correlation, endogeneity, and intergenerational transmission,"
Springer, pages 841-864.
- Matteo Lanzafame, "undated". "The Nature of Regional Unemployment in Italy," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600051, EcoMod.
- Matteo Lanzafame, 2006. "The Nature of Regional Unemployment in Italy," Studies in Economics 0607, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Matteo Lanzafame, 2006. "The Nature of Regional Unemployment in Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa06p155, European Regional Science Association.
- J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), 2007. "Handbook of Econometrics," Handbook of Econometrics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 6, number 6b.
- Jason M. Fletcher, 2010. "Social interactions and smoking: evidence using multiple student cohorts, instrumental variables, and school fixed effects," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 466-484.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Loheac, Youenn, 2007.
""It wasn't me, it was them!" Social influence in risky behavior by adolescents,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 763-784, July.
- Clark, Andrew E & Youenn Loheac, 2003. ""It Wasn't Me, It Was Them!" Social Influence in Risky Behaviour by Adolescents," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 44, Royal Economic Society.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Lohéac, Youenn, 2005. ""It Wasn't Me, It Was Them!" - Social Influence in Risky Behavior by Adolescents," IZA Discussion Papers 1573, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alejandro Gaviria & Steven Raphael, 2001. "School-Based Peer Effects And Juvenile Behavior," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 257-268, May.
- Daiji Kawaguchi, 2004.
"Peer effects on substance use among American teenagers,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 351-367, June.
- Daiji Kawaguchi, 2002. "Peer Effects on Substance Use among American Teenagers," ISER Discussion Paper 0567, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Abbring, Jaap H., 2002. "Stayers versus defecting movers: a note on the identification of defective duration models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 327-331, February.
- Powdthavee, Nattavudh, 2009.
"I can't smile without you: Spousal correlation in life satisfaction,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 675-689, August.
- N Powdthavee, 2008. "I Can’t Smile Without You: Spousal Correlation in Life Satisfaction," Discussion Papers 08/16, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Powell, Lisa M. & Tauras, John A. & Ross, Hana, 2005. "The importance of peer effects, cigarette prices and tobacco control policies for youth smoking behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 950-968, September.
- Angrist, Joshua D., 2014. "The perils of peer effects," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 98-108.
- J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), 2007. "Handbook of Econometrics," Handbook of Econometrics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 6, number 6a.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kerry Anne McGeary, 2015. "Spousal Effects in Smoking Cessation: Matching, Learning, or Bargaining?," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, pages 40-50.
- Eisenberg, Daniel & Golberstein, Ezra & Whitlock, Janis L., 2014. "Peer effects on risky behaviors: New evidence from college roommate assignments," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 126-138.
- Ahmed Khwaja & Frank Sloan & Sukyung Chung, 2006. "The Effects of Spousal Health on the Decision to Smoke: Evidence on Consumption Externalities, Altruism and Learning Within the Household," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 17-35, January.
- Jaap H. Abbring & Gerard J. van den Berg, 2003. "The Nonparametric Identification of Treatment Effects in Duration Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1491-1517, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kokot, Johanna, 2017. "Does a spouse's health shock influence the partner's risk attitudes?," Ruhr Economic Papers 707, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
More about this item
Keywordssmoking cessation; causal partner effects;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- I0 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiucen:f6c6cf33-30b0-404c-ad76-7be3d884de65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .