Innovative Financing at a Global Level
The European Commission services published a staff working document assessing the main sources of innovative financing under discussion. The analysis shows that for some of the instruments a "double dividend" of both raising revenues and improving market efficiency and stability could be reaped, in particular by putting a price on risk-taking in the financial sector and on carbon emissions.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/index_en.htm|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harald Hau, 2006.
"The Role of Transaction Costs for Financial Volatility: Evidence from the Paris Bourse,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 862-890, 06.
- Hau, Harald, 2002. "The Role of Transaction Costs for Financial Volatility: Evidence from the Paris Bourse," CEPR Discussion Papers 3651, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Badi Baltagi & Dong Li & Qi Li, 2006. "Transaction tax and stock market behavior: evidence from an emerging market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 393-408, June.
- Corbett A. Grainger & Charles D. Kolstad, 2009.
"Who Pays a Price on Carbon?,"
NBER Working Papers
15239, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Strauch, Rolf, 2002. "Budgetary Consolidation in Europe: Quality, Economic Conditions, and Persistence," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 512-535, December.
- James Tobin, 1978.
"A Proposal for International Monetary Reform,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
506, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shinhua Liu & Zhen Zhu, 2009. "Transaction Costs and Price Volatility: New Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 65-83, August.
- Gareth D. Myles, 2009. "Economic Growth and the Role of Taxation - Aggregate Data," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 714, OECD Publishing.
- Åsa Johansson & Chistopher Heady & Jens Arnold & Bert Brys & Laura Vartia, 2008. "Taxation and Economic Growth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 620, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tax:taxpap:0023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gaetan Nicodeme)or (Freddy De Buysscher) or (Thomas hemmelgarn)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.