Financial Transaction Tax: Small is Beautiful
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Zsolt Darvas & Jakob von Weizs„cker, 2010. "Financial Transaction Tax: Small is Beautiful," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1019, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zsolt Darvas & Jakob von Weizsäcker, 2010. "Financial-Transaction Tax: Small Is Beautiful," Policy Contributions 379, Bruegel.
References listed on IDEAS
- Darvas, Zsolt, 2009.
"Leveraged carry trade portfolios,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 944-957, May.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2008. "Leveraged carry trade portfolios," Working Papers 0802, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest, revised 18 Jun 2008.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2008. "Leveraged Carry Trade Portfolios," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0822, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Badi Baltagi & Dong Li & Qi Li, 2006. "Transaction tax and stock market behavior: evidence from an emerging market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 393-408, June.
- Steve Bond & Mike Hawkins & Alexander Klemm, 2005.
"Stamp Duty on Shares and Its Effect on Share Prices,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(3), pages 275-275, November.
- Stephen Bond & Mike Hawkins & Alexander Klemm, 2004. "Stamp duty on shares and its effect on share prices," IFS Working Papers W04/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Robert Pollin & Dean Baker & Marc Schaberg, 2003.
"Securities Transaction Taxes for U.S. Financial Markets,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 527-558, Fall.
- Marc Schaberg & Dean Baker & Robert Pollin, 2002. "Securities Transaction Taxes for U.S. Financial Markets," Working Papers wp20, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2009. "A General Financial Transaction Tax: A Short Cut of the Pros, the Cons and a Proposal," WIFO Working Papers 344, WIFO.
- Victoria Saporta & Kamhon Kan, 1997. "The effects of Stamp Duty on the Level and Volatility of Equity Prices," Bank of England working papers 71, Bank of England.
- Mannaro, Katiuscia & Marchesi, Michele & Setzu, Alessio, 2008. "Using an artificial financial market for assessing the impact of Tobin-like transaction taxes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 445-462, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vinko Zlati'c & Giampaolo Gabbi & Hrvoje Abraham, 2014. "Reduction of systemic risk by means of Pigouvian taxation," Papers 1406.5817, arXiv.org.
- Edward Sun & Timm Kruse & Min-Teh Yu, 2015. "Financial Transaction Tax: Policy Analytics Based on Optimal Trading," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 103-141, June.
- Stephan Meyer & Martin Wagener & Christof Weinhardt, 2015. "Politically Motivated Taxes in Financial Markets: The Case of the French Financial Transaction Tax," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 177-202, April.
- Copenhagen Economics, 2011. "Elasticities of Financial Instruments, Profits and Remuneration," Taxation Papers 30, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
More about this item
Keywordstransaction tax; Tobin tax; financial transactions; global financial crisis; financial regulation;
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-09-18 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-09-18 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-PBE-2010-09-18 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2010-09-18 (Public Finance)
- NEP-REG-2010-09-18 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mkg:wpaper:1001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Balazs Varga). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mkbkehu.html .