Financial Transaction Tax: Small is Beautiful
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Darvas, Zsolt, 2009.
"Leveraged carry trade portfolios,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 944-957, May.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2008. "Leveraged Carry Trade Portfolios," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 0822, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2008. "Leveraged carry trade portfolios," Working Papers 0802, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest, revised 18 Jun 2008.
- Victoria Saporta & Kamhon Kan, 1997. "The effects of Stamp Duty on the Level and Volatility of Equity Prices," Bank of England working papers 71, Bank of England.
- Badi Baltagi & Dong Li & Qi Li, 2006. "Transaction tax and stock market behavior: evidence from an emerging market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 393-408, June.
- Stephan Schulmeister & Margit Schratzenstaller & Oliver Picek, 2008. "A General Financial Transaction Tax. Motives, Revenues, Feasibility and Effects," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31819, July.
- Steve Bond & Mike Hawkins & Alexander Klemm, 2005.
"Stamp Duty on Shares and Its Effect on Share Prices,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(3), pages 275-297, November.
- Stephen Bond & Mike Hawkins & Alexander Klemm, 2004. "Stamp duty on shares and its effect on share prices," IFS Working Papers W04/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Robert Pollin & Dean Baker & Marc Schaberg, 2003.
"Securities Transaction Taxes for U.S. Financial Markets,"
Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 527-558, Fall.
- Marc Schaberg & Dean Baker & Robert Pollin, 2002. "Securities Transaction Taxes for U.S. Financial Markets," Working Papers wp20, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Mannaro, Katiuscia & Marchesi, Michele & Setzu, Alessio, 2008. "Using an artificial financial market for assessing the impact of Tobin-like transaction taxes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 445-462, August.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2009. "A General Financial Transaction Tax: A Short Cut of the Pros, the Cons and a Proposal," WIFO Working Papers 344, WIFO.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vinko Zlatić & Giampaolo Gabbi & Hrvoje Abraham, 2015.
"Reduction of Systemic Risk by Means of Pigouvian Taxation,"
PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(7), pages 1-18, July.
- Vinko Zlati'c & Giampaolo Gabbi & Hrvoje Abraham, 2014. "Reduction of systemic risk by means of Pigouvian taxation," Papers 1406.5817, arXiv.org.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2011. "Implementation of a General Financial Transactions Tax," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 41992, July.
- Edward Sun & Timm Kruse & Min-Teh Yu, 2015. "Financial Transaction Tax: Policy Analytics Based on Optimal Trading," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 103-141, June.
- Stephan Meyer & Martin Wagener & Christof Weinhardt, 2015. "Politically Motivated Taxes in Financial Markets: The Case of the French Financial Transaction Tax," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 177-202, April.
- Copenhagen Economics, 2011. "Elasticities of Financial Instruments, Profits and Remuneration," Taxation Papers 30, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
More about this item
Keywordstransaction tax; Tobin tax; financial transactions; global financial crisis; financial regulation;
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-09-18 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-CWA-2010-09-18 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-PBE-2010-09-18 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2010-09-18 (Public Finance)
- NEP-REG-2010-09-18 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mkg:wpaper:1001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Balazs Varga) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Balazs Varga to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mkbkehu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.