The struggle over the Financial Transactions Tax. A politico-economic farce
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2014. "The Struggle Over the Financial Transactions Tax – A Politico-economic Farce," WIFO Working Papers 474, WIFO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Hördahl & Michael R King, 2008. "Developments in repo markets during the financial turmoil," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Schulmeister, Stephan, 2006.
"The interaction between technical currency trading and exchange rate fluctuations,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 212-233, September.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2005. "The Interaction between Technical Currency Trading and Exchange Rate Fluctuations," WIFO Working Papers 264, WIFO.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2005. "The Interaction between Technical Currency Trading and Exchange Rate Fluctuations," Finance 0512033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephan Schulmeister & Margit Schratzenstaller & Oliver Picek, 2008. "A General Financial Transaction Tax. Motives, Revenues, Feasibility and Effects," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31819, June.
- European Commission, 2010. "Innovative Financing at a Global Level," Taxation Papers 23, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Pollin & Dean Baker & Marc Schaberg, 2003.
"Securities Transaction Taxes for U.S. Financial Markets,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 527-558, Fall.
- Marc Schaberg & Dean Baker & Robert Pollin, 2002. "Securities Transaction Taxes for U.S. Financial Markets," Working Papers wp20, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- European Commission, 2010. "Financial Sector Taxation," Taxation Papers 25, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2010. "Boom-Bust Cycles and Trading Practices in Asset Markets, the Real Economy and the Effects of a Financial Transactions Tax," WIFO Working Papers 364, WIFO.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2008. "Profitability of Technical Currency Speculation. The Case of Yen-Dollar Trading 1976-2007," WIFO Working Papers 325, WIFO.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2008.
"Components of the profitability of technical currency trading,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(11), pages 917-930.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2005. "Components of the Profitability of Technical Currency Trading," WIFO Working Papers 263, WIFO.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2007. "Aggregate Trading Behavior of Technical Models and the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate," WIFO Working Papers 294, WIFO.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther, 2016.
"The abrogation of the “Impôt sur les opérations de bourse” did not foster the French stock market,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 257-266.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2016. "The abrogation of the “Impôt sur les opérations de bourse” did not foster the French stock market," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01297093, HAL.
- Roman Šperka & Irena Szarowská, 2015. "Impact of a Financial Transaction Tax on a Financial Market," Working Papers 0013, Silesian University, School of Business Administration.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2014. "Von Roosevelt lernen: Sein "New Deal" und die große Krise Europas," WIFO Working Papers 473, WIFO.
- Sarah Godar & Christoph Paetz & Achim Truger, 2015.
"The scope for progressive tax reform in the OECD countries. A macroeconomic perspective with a case study for Germany,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 79-117.
- Sarah Godar & Christoph Paetz & Achim Truger, 2015. "The scope for progressive tax reform in the OECD countries: A macroeconomic perspective with a case study for Germany," IMK Working Paper 150-2015, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2014. "Die große Depression, der New Deal, ihre Bewertung durch den Mainstream und die Krise Europas," WIFO Working Papers 483, WIFO.
More about this item
Keywordsboom and bust of asset prices; speculation; Financial Transactions Tax;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:reofsp:reof_141_0015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire). General contact details of provider: http://www.cairn.info/revue-de-l-ofce.htm .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.