Financial Sector Taxation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Philippon & Ariell Reshef, 2009.
"Wages and Human Capital in the U.S. Financial Industry: 1909-2006,"
NBER Working Papers
14644, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippon, Thomas & Reshef, Ariell, 2009. "Wages and Human Capital in the U.S. Financial Industry: 1909-2006," CEPR Discussion Papers 7282, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Alexander Klemm, 2004. "Why has the UK corporation tax raised so much revenue?," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 25(4), pages 367-388, December.
- Kerrigan, Arthur, 2010. "The elusiveness of neutrality – why is it so difficult to apply VAT to financial services?," MPRA Paper 22748, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephan Schulmeister & Margit Schratzenstaller & Oliver Picek, 2008. "A General Financial Transaction Tax. Motives, Revenues, Feasibility and Effects," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31819, 12-2020.
- European Commission, 2010. "Innovative Financing at a Global Level," Taxation Papers 23, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Umlauf, Steven R., 1993. "Transaction taxes and the behavior of the Swedish stock market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 227-240, April.
- Diamond, Peter A & Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production II: Tax Rules," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 261-278, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sajid M. Chaudhry & Andrew W. Mullineux & Natasha Agarwal, 2015. "Balancing the Regulation and Taxation of Banking," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 16668.
- Thornton Matheson, 2011. "Taxing Financial Transactions; Issues and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 2011/054, International Monetary Fund.
- Jürgen Antony & Michiel Bijlsma & Adam Elbourne & Marcel Lever & Gijsbert Zwart, 2012. "Financial transaction tax: review and assessment," CPB Discussion Paper 202.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Danuse Nerudova, 2011. "Taxing the financial sector in the European Union," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2011-16, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaetan Nicodeme, 2010.
"The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy,"
20, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan Nicodème, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," Working Papers CEB 10-006.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hemmelgarn, Thomas & Nicodème, Gaëtan, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7666, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan J.A. Nicodème, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2932, CESifo.
- Rudolf Alvise Lennkh & Florian Walch, 2015. "Collateral Damage? Micro-Simulation of Transaction Cost Shocks on the Value of Central Bank Collateral," Working Papers 6, European Stability Mechanism.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2015.
"The struggle over the Financial Transactions Tax. A politico-economic farce,"
Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 15-55.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2014. "The Struggle Over the Financial Transactions Tax – A Politico-economic Farce," WIFO Working Papers 474, WIFO.
- Margit Schratzenstaller, 2013. "Vermögensbezogene Steuern. Ansatzpunkte, internationaler Vergleich und Optionen für Deutschland," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 47219, 12-2020.
- Veronika Solilová & Danuše Nerudová, 2015. "Financial Transaction Tax: Determination of Economic Impact Under DSGE Model," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 63(2), pages 627-637.
- Sarah Godar & Christoph Paetz & Achim Truger, 2015.
"The scope for progressive tax reform in the OECD countries. A macroeconomic perspective with a case study for Germany,"
Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 79-117.
- Sarah Godar & Christoph Paetz & Achim Truger, 2015. "The scope for progressive tax reform in the OECD countries: A macroeconomic perspective with a case study for Germany," IMK Working Paper 150-2015, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Copenhagen Economics, 2011. "Elasticities of Financial Instruments, Profits and Remuneration," Taxation Papers 30, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2011. "Implementation of a General Financial Transactions Tax," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 41992, 12-2020.
- Walch, Florian & Lennkh, Rudolf Alvise, 2015. "Collateral damage? Micro-simulation of transaction cost shocks on the value of central bank collateral," Working Paper Series 1793, European Central Bank.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan Nicodème & Bogdan Tasnadi & Pol Vermote, 2016. "Financial Transaction Taxes in the European Union," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 69(1), pages 217-240, March.
- Thornton Matheson, 2012. "Security transaction taxes: issues and evidence," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(6), pages 884-912, December.
- Alonso, Miguel A. & Rallo, Juan Ramón & Romero, Alberto, 2013. "El efecto de los impuestos a las transacciones financieras en la estabilidad de los mercados de capital. Un debate sin resolver," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(317), pages 207-231, enero-mar.
- Danuše Nerudová, 2013. "Taxing of financial sector as possible own resource of EU budget," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 1051-1060.
- Michler Albrecht F. & Penatzer Markus, 2012. "Finanztransaktionssteuer: Zielsetzungen und potenzielle Auswirkungen / Financial transaction tax: Objectives and potential effects," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 63(1), pages 85-108, January.
- JÃ¼rgen Antony & Michiel Bijlsma & Adam Elbourne & Marcel Lever & Gijsbert Zwart, 2012. "Financial transaction tax: review and assessment," CPB Discussion Paper 202, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Stephan Meyer & Martin Wagener & Christof Weinhardt, 2015. "Politically Motivated Taxes in Financial Markets: The Case of the French Financial Transaction Tax," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 177-202, April.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Union; taxation; financial transaction tax; financial activities tax; financial institutions;
All these keywords.
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H27 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other Sources of Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-12-11 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-EEC-2010-12-11 (European Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2010-12-11 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-FDG-2010-12-11 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-PBE-2010-12-11 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tax:taxpap:0025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gaetan Nicodeme) or (Ana Xavier) or (Ioana Diaconescu). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dtcecbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.