Taxing of financial sector as possible own resource of EU budget
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Westerhoff, 2003. "Heterogeneous traders and the Tobin tax," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 53-70, February.
- Philippe Cattoir, 2004. "Tax-based EU own resources: an assessment," Taxation Papers 1, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission, revised Apr 2004.
- Thomas Palley, 1999. "Speculation and Tobin taxes: Why sand in the wheels can increase economic efficiency," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 113-126, June.
- James Tobin, 1978. "A Proposal for International Monetary Reform," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- repec:oup:ecpoli:v:15:y:2000:i:31:p:473-511 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shinhua Liu & Zhen Zhu, 2009. "Transaction Costs and Price Volatility: New Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 65-83, August.
- Stephan Schulmeister & Margit Schratzenstaller & Oliver Picek, 2008. "A General Financial Transaction Tax. Motives, Revenues, Feasibility and Effects," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31819, February.
- Umlauf, Steven R., 1993. "Transaction taxes and the behavior of the Swedish stock market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 227-240, April.
- P. Bernd Spahn, 1995. "International Financial Flows and Transactions Taxes; Survey and Options," IMF Working Papers 1995/060, International Monetary Fund.
- Stiglitz, J.E., 1989. "Using Tax Policy To Curb Speculative Short-Term Trading," Papers t2, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Danuse Nerudova, 2011. "Taxing the financial sector in the European Union," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2011-16, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Veronika Solilová & Danuše Nerudová, 2015. "Financial Transaction Tax: Determination of Economic Impact Under DSGE Model," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 63(2), pages 627-637.
- Alonso, Miguel A. & Rallo, Juan Ramón & Romero, Alberto, 2013. "El efecto de los impuestos a las transacciones financieras en la estabilidad de los mercados de capital. Un debate sin resolver," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(317), pages 207-231, enero-mar.
- Westerhoff Frank H., 2008. "The Use of Agent-Based Financial Market Models to Test the Effectiveness of Regulatory Policies," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 228(2-3), pages 195-227, April.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaetan Nicodeme, 2010.
"The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy,"
20, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan Nicodème, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," Working Papers CEB 10-006.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hemmelgarn, Thomas & Nicodème, Gaëtan, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7666, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan J.A. Nicodème, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2932, CESifo.
- Haberer, Markus, 2004. "Might a Securities Transactions Tax Mitigate Excess Volatility? Some Evidence From the Literature," CoFE Discussion Papers 04/06, University of Konstanz, Center of Finance and Econometrics (CoFE).
- Michał Zator, 2014. "Transaction costs and volatility on Warsaw Stock Exchange: implications for financial transaction tax," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 45(4), pages 349-372.
- Lavička, H. & Lichard, T. & Novotný, J., 2016.
"Sand in the wheels or wheels in the sand? Tobin taxes and market crashes,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 328-342.
- Hynek Lavicka & Tomas Lichard & Jan Novotny, 2014. "Sand in the Wheels or Wheels in the Sand? Tobin Taxes and Market Crashes," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp511, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Hanke, Michael & Huber, Jürgen & Kirchler, Michael & Sutter, Matthias, 2010.
"The economic consequences of a Tobin tax--An experimental analysis,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(1-2), pages 58-71, May.
- Michael Hanke & J?rgen Huber & Michael Kirchler & Matthias Sutter, 2007. "The economic consequences of a Tobin tax - An experimental analysis," Working Papers 2007-18, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Becchetti, L. & Ferrari, M. & Trenta, U., 2014.
"The impact of the French Tobin tax,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 127-148.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Massimo Ferrari & Ugo Trenta, 2013. "The impact of the French Tobin tax," CEIS Research Paper 266, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 01 Mar 2013.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Massimo Ferrari, 2013. "The impact of the French Tobin tax," Econometica Working Papers wp47, Econometica.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Ferrari, Massimo & Trenta, Ugo, 2013. "The impact of the French Tobin tax," AICCON Working Papers 118-2013, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Filip Stanek & Jiri Kukacka, 2018.
"The Impact of the Tobin Tax in a Heterogeneous Agent Model of the Foreign Exchange Market,"
Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 51(4), pages 865-892, April.
- Jiri Kukacka & Filip Stanek, 2015. "The Impact of the Tobin Tax in a Heterogeneous Agent Model of the Foreign Exchange Market," Working Papers IES 2015/26, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Nov 2015.
- Deng, Yongheng & Liu, Xin & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2018.
"One fundamental and two taxes: When does a Tobin tax reduce financial price volatility?,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 663-692.
- Yongheng Deng & Xin Liu & Shang-Jin Wei, 2014. "One Fundamental and Two Taxes: When Does a Tobin Tax Reduce Financial Price Volatility?," NBER Working Papers 19974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pellizzari, Paolo & Westerhoff, Frank, 2009.
"Some effects of transaction taxes under different microstructures,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 850-863, December.
- Paolo Pelizzari & Frank Westerhoff, 2007. "Some Effects of Transaction Taxes Under Different Microstructures," Research Paper Series 212, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Paolo Pellizzari & Frank Westerhoff, 2009. "Some effects of transaction taxes under different microstructures," Post-Print hal-00727590, HAL.
- Paolo Pellizzari & Frank Westerhoff, 2009. "Some effects of transaction taxes under different microstructures," Working Papers 190, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2000.
"Taxation for the 21st century: the automated payment transaction (APT) tax,"
Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(31), pages 474-511.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2001. "Taxation for the 21st Century: The Automated Payment Transaction (APT) Tax," Public Economics 0106001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olivier Damette, 2009. "Exchange rate volatility and noise traders: Currency Transaction Tax as an eviction device," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2449-2464.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan Nicodème & Bogdan Tasnadi & Pol Vermote, 2016. "Financial Transaction Taxes in the European Union," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 69(1), pages 217-240, March.
- Damette, Olivier, 2016.
"Mixture Distribution Hypothesis And The Impact Of A Tobin Tax On Exchange Rate Volatility: A Reassessment,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(6), pages 1600-1622, September.
- Olivier Damette, 2013. "Mixture distribution hypothesis and the impact of a Tobin tax on exhange rate volatility : a reassessment," Working Papers of BETA 2013-07, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Eichfelder, Sebastian & Lau, Mona & Noth, Felix, 2018. "The impact of financial transaction taxes on stock markets: Short-run effects, long-run effects, and migration," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 228, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Mannaro, Katiuscia & Marchesi, Michele & Setzu, Alessio, 2008. "Using an artificial financial market for assessing the impact of Tobin-like transaction taxes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 445-462, August.
- Andrea Morone & Pasquale Marcello Falcone & Simone Nuzzo & Piergiuseppe Morone, 2020. "Does a ‘financial transaction tax’ drive out information mirages? An experimental analysis," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 15(4), pages 793-820, October.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial transaction tax; financial activities tax; budget; European Union;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mup:actaun:actaun_2013061041051. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.