Speculation and Tobin taxes: Why sand in the wheels can increase economic efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James Tobin, 1978. "A Proposal for International Monetary Reform," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- Palley, Thomas I., 1997. "Managerial turnover and the theory of short-termism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 547-557, April.
- De Long, J Bradford & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1990.
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 703-738, August.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, "undated". "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," Scholarly Articles 3725552, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Tornell, Aaron, 1990. "Real vs. financial investment can Tobin taxes eliminate the irreversibility distortion?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 419-444, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Becchetti, L. & Ferrari, M. & Trenta, U., 2014.
"The impact of the French Tobin tax,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 127-148.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Massimo Ferrari & Ugo Trenta, 2013. "The impact of the French Tobin tax," CEIS Research Paper 266, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 01 Mar 2013.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Massimo Ferrari, 2013. "The impact of the French Tobin tax," Econometica Working Papers wp47, Econometica.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Ferrari, Massimo & Trenta, Ugo, 2013. "The impact of the French Tobin tax," AICCON Working Papers 118-2013, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Grant, S. & Quiggin, J., 2001. "Noise Trader Risk and the Political Economy of Privatization," Discussion Paper 2001-104, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Korkut Erturk, "undated". "A Note on the Tobin Tax," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2003_05, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Hanke, Michael & Huber, Jürgen & Kirchler, Michael & Sutter, Matthias, 2010.
"The economic consequences of a Tobin tax--An experimental analysis,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1-2), pages 58-71, May.
- Michael Hanke & J?rgen Huber & Michael Kirchler & Matthias Sutter, 2007. "The economic consequences of a Tobin tax - An experimental analysis," Working Papers 2007-18, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Westerhoff Frank H., 2008. "The Use of Agent-Based Financial Market Models to Test the Effectiveness of Regulatory Policies," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 228(2-3), pages 195-227, April.
- Grant, Simon & Quiggin, John, 2003. "The Risk Premium for Equity: Implicatiosn for Resource Allocation, Welfare adn Policy," Working Papers 2003-14, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Andrea Terzi, 2003.
"Is a transactions tax an effective means to stabilize the foreign exchange market?,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 56(227), pages 367-385.
- Andrea Terzi, 2003. "Is a transactions tax an effective means to stabilize the foreign exchange market?," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 56(227), pages 367-385.
- Andrea Terzi, 2003. "Is a transactions tax an effective means to stabilize the foreign exchange market?," Working Papers (-2012) 0303, University of Bergamo, Department of Economics.
- Andrea Terzi, 2004. "Is a transactions tax an effective means to stabilize the foreign exchange market?," International Finance 0403007, EconWPA.
- Gomber, Peter & Haferkorn, Martin & Zimmermann, Kai, 2014. "Securities Transaction Tax in France: Impact on market quality and inter-market price coordination," SAFE White Paper Series 11, Goethe University Frankfurt, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe.
- Lavička, H. & Lichard, T. & Novotný, J., 2016.
"Sand in the wheels or wheels in the sand? Tobin taxes and market crashes,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 328-342.
- Hynek Lavicka & Tomas Lichard & Jan Novotny, 2014. "Sand in the Wheels or Wheels in the Sand? Tobin Taxes and Market Crashes," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp511, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Damette, Olivier, 2016.
"Mixture Distribution Hypothesis And The Impact Of A Tobin Tax On Exchange Rate Volatility: A Reassessment,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(06), pages 1600-1622, September.
- Olivier Damette, 2013. "Mixture distribution hypothesis and the impact of a Tobin tax on exhange rate volatility : a reassessment," Working Papers of BETA 2013-07, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Demary Markus, 2008. "Who Does a Currency Transaction Tax Harm More: Short-Term Speculators or Long-Term Investors?," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 228(2-3), pages 228-250, April.
- Carfí, David & Musolino, Francesco, 2014. "Speculative and hedging interaction model in oil and U.S. dollar markets with financial transaction taxes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 306-319.
- Neil McCulloch & Grazia Pacillo, 2010. "The Tobin Tax A Review of the Evidence," Working Paper Series 1611, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Olivier Damette, 2009. "Exchange rate volatility and noise traders: Currency Transaction Tax as an eviction device," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2449-2464.
- Kenneth S. Chan & Vivian Lei & Filip Vesely, 2013. "Differentiated Assets: An Experimental Study On Bubbles," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(3), pages 1731-1749, July.
- Samuel N. Cohen & Lukasz Szpruch, 2011. "A limit order book model for latency arbitrage," Papers 1110.4811, arXiv.org.
- Rosenthal, Dale W.R. & Thomas, Nordia Diana Marie, 2012. "Transact taxes in a price maker/taker market," MPRA Paper 40556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:empiri:v:44:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10663-017-9391-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danuse Nerudova, 2011. "Taxing the financial sector in the European Union," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2011-16, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Grant, S. & Quiggin, J., 2001. "The Risk Premium for Equity : Explanations and Implications," Discussion Paper 2001-89, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Robert Rieg, 2015. "Dynamics of value-based management: does shareholder value cause short-termism?," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 193-224, August.
- Anca Tanasie & Nicu Marcu, 2012. "The New Perspectives On The Tobin Tax. Could It Provide Any Support For The Euro-Area?85," Revista Tinerilor Economisti (The Young Economists Journal), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(18), pages 182-188, April.
- Frenkel, Michael & Stadtmann, Georg, 2002. "Capital controls, exchange rate volatility and risk premium," Research Notes 5, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Mannaro, Katiuscia & Marchesi, Michele & Setzu, Alessio, 2008. "Using an artificial financial market for assessing the impact of Tobin-like transaction taxes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 445-462, August.
More about this item
Keywordsnoise traders; fundamentals investors; speculation; Tobin taxes; F3;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:69:y:1999:i:2:p:113-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.