Real vs. financial investment can Tobin taxes eliminate the irreversibility distortion?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fernandez, R. & Rosenthal, R.W., 1988.
"Sovereign-Debt Renegotiations: A Strtegic Analysis,"
85, Boston University - Center for Latin American Development Studies.
- Raquel Fernandez & Robert W. Rosenthal, 1988. "Sovereign-debt Renegotiations: A Strategic Analysis," NBER Working Papers 2597, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1989.
"A Constant Recontracting Model of Sovereign Debt,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 155-178, February.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & Kenneth Rogoff, 1986. "A Constant Recontracting Model of Sovereign Debt," NBER Working Papers 2088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 1989. "A Constant Recontracting Model of Sovereign Debt," Scholarly Articles 12491028, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jeremy A.Rogoff Bulow & Kenneth, 1986. "A Constant Recontracting Model of Sovereign Debt," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 43, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Jonathan Eaton & Mark Gersovitz, 1981. "Debt with Potential Repudiation: Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(2), pages 289-309.
- Raquel Fernandez & David Kaaret, 1988. "Bank Size, Reputation, and Debt Renegotiation," NBER Working Papers 2704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Sachs, 1983. "Theoretical Issues in International Borrowing," NBER Working Papers 1189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Pierre Allegret, 2000. "Quel role pour les controles des mouvements internationaux de capitaux ?," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 81, pages 77-108.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Yi Wu, 2002.
"Negative Alchemy? Corruption, Composition of Capital Flows, and Currency Crises,"
NBER Chapters,in: Preventing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 461-506
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Yi Wu, 2001. "Negative Alchemy? Corruption, Compositions of Capital Flows, and Currency Crises," CID Working Papers 66A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Yi Wu, 2001. "Negative Alchemy? Corruption, Composition of Capital Flows, and Currency Crises," NBER Working Papers 8187, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jarita Duasa & Paul Mosley, 2006.
"Capital Controls Re-examined: The Case for 'Smart' Controls,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(9), pages 1203-1226, September.
- Paul Mosley & Jarita Duasa, 2005. "Capital controls re-examined: the case for ‘smart’ controls," Working Papers 2005009, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Cavallo, Eduardo & Galindo, Arturo & Izquierdo, Alejandro & León, John Jairo, 2013.
"The role of relative price volatility in the efficiency of investment allocation,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-18.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Izquierdo & John Jairo León, 2010. "The Role of Relative Price Volatility in the Efficiency of Investment Allocation," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1975, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Izquierdo & John Jairo Leon, 2010. "The Role of Relative Price Volatility in the Efficiency of Investment Allocation," Research Department Publications 4682, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Laban, Raul M. & Larrain, Felipe B., 1997. "Can a liberalization of capital outflows increase net capital inflows?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 415-431, June.
- Thomas Palley, 1999. "Speculation and Tobin taxes: Why sand in the wheels can increase economic efficiency," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 113-126, June.
- Demir, Firat, 2007. "Private Investment and Cash Flow Relationship Revisited: Capital Market Imperfections and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 3081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Corruption, composition of capital flows, and currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2429, The World Bank.
- Raúl Labán & Felipe Larraín, "undated". "Can a Liberalization of Capital Outflows Increase Net Capital Inflows?," Documentos de Trabajo 155, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Demir, Firat, 2007. "Private Investment, Portfolio Choice and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 3835, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2007.
- Raúl Labán & Felipe Larraín, 1997. "El Retorno de los Capitales Privados a Chile en los Noventa: Causas, Efectos y Reacciones de Política," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 34(103), pages 339-362.
- Demir, FIrat, 2009. "Financial liberalization, private investment and portfolio choice: Financialization of real sectors in emerging markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 314-324, March.
- DemIr, FIrat, 2009. "Capital Market Imperfections and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets: Private Investment and Cash Flow Relationship Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 953-964, May.
- Margareta Kulessa, 1996. "The Tobin tax: A tool for allocative or distributional policies?," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 31(3), pages 122-131, May.
- Serven, Luis, 1997. "Uncertainty, instability, and irreversible investment : theory, evidence, and lessons for Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1722, The World Bank.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Pierdzioch, Christian, 1998. "Taxing short-term capital flows - An option for transition economies?," Kiel Discussion Papers 321, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Raúl Labán & Felipe Larraín, "undated". "What Drives Capital Flows? Lessons from Recent Chilean Experience," Documentos de Trabajo 168, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:32:y:1990:i:2:p:419-444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.