Frequent News and Pure Signals: The Case of a Publicly Traded Football Club
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Gregory W. & Hartzell, Jay C., 2001. "Market reaction to public information: The atypical case of the Boston Celtics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 333-370, May.
- Lehmann, Erik & Weigand, Jürgen, 1998. "Wieviel Phantasie braucht die Fußballaktie?," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 16, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Gärtner, Manfred & Pommerehne, Werner W., 1977. "Der Fußballzuschauer - Ein Homo Oeconomicus?," Discussion Papers, Series I 102, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Palomino, F.A. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Zhang, C., 2005.
"Stock Price Reactions to Short-Lived Public Information : The Case of Betting Odds,"
2005-016, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Palomino, F.A. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Zhang, C., 2005. "Stock Price Reactions to Short-Lived Public Information : The Case of Betting Odds," Discussion Paper 2005-62, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:ccp:journl:v:10:y:2003:i:12:p:783-785 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. K. Ashton & B. Gerrard & R. Hudson, 2003. "Economic impact of national sporting success: evidence from the London stock exchange," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(12), pages 783-785.
- Vergin, Roger C. & Sosik, John J., 1999. "No place like home: an examination of the home field advantage in gambling strategies in NFL football," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 21-31, January.
- Baimbridge, Mark & Cameron, Samuel & Dawson, Peter, 1996. "Satellite Television and the Demand for Football: A Whole New Ball Game?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(3), pages 317-333, August.
- Peel, David A & Thomas, Dennis A, 1988. "Outcome Uncertainty and the Demand for Football: An Analysis of Match Attendances in the English Football League," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 35(3), pages 242-249, August.
- Forrest, David & Simmons, Robert & Feehan, Patrick, 2002. "A Spatial Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Elasticity of Demand for Soccer," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(3), pages 336-355, August.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Ours, Jan C & Van Tuijl, Martin, 2014. "In-season head-coach dismissals and the performance of professional football teams," CEPR Discussion Papers 10191, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ender Demir & Hakan Danis, 2011.
"The Effect of Performance of Soccer Clubs on Their Stock Prices: Evidence from Turkey,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(0), pages 58-70, September.
- Ender Demir & Hakan Danis, 2011. "The Effect of Performance of Soccer Clubs on Their Stock Prices: Evidence from Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 58-70, September.
- Ender Demir, 2015. "Aviation Accidents and Stock Market Reaction: Evidence from Borsa Istanbul," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 3(1), pages 51-56.
- Jan C. van Ours & Martin A. van Tuijl, 2016.
"In-Season Head-Coach Dismissals And The Performance Of Professional Football Teams,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 591-604, January.
- van Ours, J.C. & van Tuijl, M.A., 2014. "In-Season Head-Coach Dismissals and the Performance of Professional Football Teams," Discussion Paper 2014-058, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Fung, Ka Wai Terence & Demir, Ender & Lau, Marco Chi Keung & Chan, Kwok Ho, 2013. "An Examination of Sports Event Sentiment: Microeconomic Evidence from Borsa Istanbul," MPRA Paper 52874, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2012.
"Over the moon or sick as a parrot? The effects of football results on a club's share price,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(26), pages 3435-3452, September.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2009. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effect's of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2011. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effects of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," Post-Print hal-00709557, HAL.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "The Effect of On-Field Success on Stock Prices: Evidence from Nippon Professional Baseball," Working Papers 0805, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Fung, Ka Wai Terence & Demir, Ender & Lau, Chi Keung Marco & Chan, Kwok Ho, 2015. "Reexamining sports-sentiment hypothesis: Microeconomic evidences from Borsa Istanbul," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 337-355.
- Ferreira, Paulo & Loures, Luís & Nunes, José Rato & Dionísio, Andreia, 2017. "The behaviour of share returns of football clubs: An econophysics approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 472(C), pages 136-144.
- Croonenbroeck, Carsten & Monaco, Fabrizio Leonardo & Christensen, Mads Julius, 2012. "Does Danish football club Brøndby swim with the fishes? An application of the reversed news model," Discussion Papers 330, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsNews Model; Football Industry; Betting Odds; Stock Market;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-06-17 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-06-17 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-SPO-2006-06-17 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .