In-Season Head-Coach Dismissals And The Performance Of Professional Football Teams
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- van Ours, J.C. & van Tuijl, M.A., 2014. "In-Season Head-Coach Dismissals and the Performance of Professional Football Teams," Discussion Paper 2014-058, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Rabin & Dimitri Vayanos, 2010.
"The Gambler's and Hot-Hand Fallacies: Theory and Applications,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 77(2), pages 730-778.
- Rabin, Matthew & Vayanos, Dimitri, 2007. "The gambler's and hot-hand fallacies: theory and applications," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24476, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rabin, Matthew & Vayanos, Dimitri, 2007. "The Gambler's and Hot-Hand Fallacies: Theory and Applications," CEPR Discussion Papers 6081, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthew Rabin & Dimitri Vayanos, 2007. "The Gambler's and Hot-Hand Fallacies:Theory and Applications," FMG Discussion Papers dp578, Financial Markets Group.
- Georg Stadtmann, 2006. "Frequent News And Pure Signals: The Case Of A Publicly Traded Football Club," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(4), pages 485-504, September.
- Frick, Bernd & Barros, Carlos Pestana & Prinz, Joachim, 2010. "Analysing head coach dismissals in the German "Bundesliga" with a mixed logit approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(1), pages 151-159, January.
- repec:ags:stataj:143011 is not listed on IDEAS
- De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2008. "The Effects of Managerial Turnover: Evidence from Coach Dismissals in Italian Soccer Teams," MPRA Paper 11030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Balduck & M. Buelens, 2007. "Does sacking the coach help or hinder the team in the short term? Evidence from Belgian soccer," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/430, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Bas Weel, 2011.
"Does Manager Turnover Improve Firm Performance? Evidence from Dutch Soccer, 1986–2004,"
Springer, vol. 159(3), pages 279-303, September.
- Bas ter Weel, 2011. "Does Manager Turnover Improve Firm Performance? Evidence from Dutch Soccer, 1986-2004," CPB Discussion Paper 166, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Georg Stadtmann, 2006. "Frequent News and Pure Signals: The Case of a Publicly Traded Football Club," Working Papers 0603, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Ray Bachan & Barry Reilly & Robert Witt, 2005. "The Hazard of Being an English Football League Manager: Empirical Estimates from the 2002/3 Season," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1605, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Georg Stadtmann, 2006. "Frequent News and Pure Signals: The Case of a Publicly Traded Football Club," IASE Conference Papers 0625, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Bernd Frick & Jose Passos, 2009. "Coaching for survival: the hazards of head coach careers in the German 'Bundesliga'," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(25), pages 3303-3311.
- Bruinshoofd, Allard & ter Weel, Bas, 2003.
"Manager to go? Performance dips reconsidered with evidence from Dutch football,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 148(2), pages 233-246, July.
- Bruinshoofd, Allard & Weel, Bas ter, 2001. "Manager to go? Performance dips reconsidered with evidence from Dutch football," Research Memorandum 018, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Hentschel, Sandra & Muehlheusser, Gerd & Sliwka, Dirk, 2012.
"The Impact of Managerial Change on Performance: The Role of Team Heterogeneity,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6884, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mühlheußer, Gerd & Sliwka, Dirk & Hentschel, Sandra, 2013. "The Impact of Managerial Change on Performance. The Role of Team Heterogeneity," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79825, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Sandra Hentschel & Gerd Muehlheusser & Dirk Sliwka, 2012. "The Impact of Managerial Change on Performance. The Role of Team Heterogeneity," CESifo Working Paper Series 3950, CESifo Group Munich.
- Blackwell, Matthew & Iacus, Stefano & King, Gary & Porro, Giuseppe, 2009.
"cem: Coarsened exact matching in Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 9(4), pages 1-23.
- de Dios Tena, Juan & Forrest, David, 2007. "Within-season dismissal of football coaches: Statistical analysis of causes and consequences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 362-373, August.
- R. H. Koning, 2003. "An econometric evaluation of the effect of firing a coach on team performance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 555-564.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 75-94, Summer.
- Iacus, Stefano & King, Gary & Porro, Giuseppe, 2009. "cem: Software for Coarsened Exact Matching," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 30(i09).
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Assessment: The Economics of Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 467-477, Winter.
- Rick Audas & Stephen Dobson & John Goddard, 1999. "Organizational performance and managerial turnover," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 305-318.
- Bridgewater, Sue & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Goodall, Amanda H., 2011. "Substitution and complementarity between managers and subordinates: Evidence from British football," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 275-286, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Besters, Lucas, 2018. "Economics of professional football," Other publications TiSEM d9e6b9b7-a17b-4665-9cca-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:55:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00181-017-1287-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:56:y:2018:i:1:p:193-207 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucas M. Besters & Jan (J.C.) van Ours & Martin A. van Tuijl, 2018. "How outcome uncertainty, loss aversion and team quality affect stadium attendance in Dutch professional football," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-082/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cerveny, Jakub & van Ours, Jan C. & van Tuijl, Martin A., 2016.
"Effects of a Red Card on Goal-Scoring in World Cup Football Matches,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10174, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cervený, Jakub & van Ours, Jan & van Tuijl, Martin, 2016. "Effects of a Red Card on Goal-Scoring in World Cup Football Matches," Discussion Paper 2016-031, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lucas M. Besters & Jan C. Ours & Martin A. Tuijl, 2016.
"Effectiveness of In-Season Manager Changes in English Premier League Football,"
Springer, vol. 164(3), pages 335-356, September.
- Besters, Lucas & van Ours, Jan & van Tuijl, Martin, 2016. "Effectiveness of in-season manager changes in English Premier League Football," Other publications TiSEM b48506e5-154b-470e-bae2-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Thomas (T.L.P.R.) Peeters & Stefan Szymanski & Marko Terviö, 2017. "The inefficient advantage of experience in the market for football managers," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-116/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecinqu:v:54:y:2016:i:1:p:591-604. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.