Economic impact of national sporting success: evidence from the London stock exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ziemba, William T., 1994. "World wide security market regularities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 198-229, April.
- John J. Siegfried & Andrew Zimbalist, 2000. "The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 95-114, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Dawson & Paul Downward & Terence C. Mills, 2014.
"Olympic news and attitudes towards the Olympics: a compositional time-series analysis of how sentiment is affected by events,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 1307-1314, June.
- Terence C. Mills & Peter Dawson & Paul Downward, 2013. "Olympic news and attitudes towards the Olympics: A compositional time-series analysis of how sentiment is affected by events," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 046, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Roberto Gásquez & Vicente Royuela, 2014.
"Is Football an Indicator of Development at the International Level?,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 827-848, July.
- Robert Gasquez & Vicente Royuela, 2012. "Is football an indicator of development at the international level?," Working Papers in Economics 275, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Georg Stadtmann, 2006. "Frequent News and Pure Signals: The Case of a Publicly Traded Football Club," Working Papers 0603, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Christian Klein & Bernhard Zwergel & Sebastian Heiden, 2009. "On the existence of sports sentiment: the relation between football match results and stock index returns in Europe," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 191-208, November.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Chou, Robin K. & Lin, Yueh-Hsiang, 2012. "Local sports sentiment and returns of locally headquartered stocks: A firm-level analysis," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 309-318.
- repec:ove:journl:aid:11247 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sakınç, İlker, 2014.
"Using Grey Relational Analysis to Determine the Financial Performance of Turkish Football Clubs,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 22-33.
- ?lker Sakinc, 2014. "Using Grey Relational Analysis to Determine the Financial Performance of Turkish Football Clubs," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0802246, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Aurora Murgea & Milena-Jana Schank, 2016. "Why do Goals Matter? Sport Events and Capital Market Returns," Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 0(2), pages 577-582, February.
- Massimiliano Castellani & Pierpaolo Pattitoni & Roberto Patuelli, 2011.
"Abnormal Returns of Soccer Teams: Reassessing the Informational Value of Betting Odds,"
Working Paper series
26_11, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Aug 2013.
- M. Castellani & P. Pattitoni & R. Patuelli, 2012. "Event Clustering and Abnormal Returns: Reassessing the Informational Value of Bets," Working Papers wp817, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Jørgensen, Casper W. & Moritzen, Mark R. & Stadtmann, Georg, 2012. "The news model of asset price determination - An empirical examination of the Danish football club Brøndby IF," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 3/2012, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- John Manuel Luiz & Riyas Fadal, 2011.
"An economic analysis of sports performance in Africa,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(10), pages 869-883, August.
- John Luiz & Riyas Fadal, 2010. "An Economic Analysis of Sports Performance in Africa," Working Papers 162, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Lee J. Alston & Gary D. Libecap & Bernardo Mueller, 2010. "Interest Groups, Information Manipulation in the Media, and Public Policy: The Case of the Landless Peasants Movement in Brazil," NBER Working Papers 15865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khuu, Joyce & Durand, Robert B. & Smales, Lee A., 2016. "Melancholia and Japanese stock returns – 2003 to 2012," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 424-437.
- Fung, Ka Wai Terence & Demir, Ender & Lau, Marco Chi Keung & Chan, Kwok Ho, 2013. "An Examination of Sports Event Sentiment: Microeconomic Evidence from Borsa Istanbul," MPRA Paper 52874, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jørgensen, Casper W. & Moritzen, Mark R. & Stadtmann, Georg, 2012. "The news model of asset price determination: An empirical examination of the Danish football club Brøndby IF," Discussion Papers 313, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2012.
"Over the moon or sick as a parrot? The effects of football results on a club's share price,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(26), pages 3435-3452, September.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2009. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effect's of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2011. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effects of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," Post-Print hal-00709557, HAL.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "The Effect of On-Field Success on Stock Prices: Evidence from Nippon Professional Baseball," Working Papers 0805, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Süssmuth Bernd & Wagner Stefan, 2012. "A Market’s Reward Scheme, Media Attention, and the Transitory Success of Managerial Change," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(3), pages 258-278, June.
- AmÃ©lie Charles & Olivier DarnÃ©, 2016.
"Stock market reactions to FIFA World Cup announcements: An event study,"
AccessEcon, vol. 36(4), pages 2028-2036.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2016. "Stock market reactions to FIFA World Cup announcements: An event study," Post-Print hal-01395333, HAL.
- Berument, Hakan & Yucel, Eray M., 2005. "Long live Fenerbahce: The production boosting effects of football," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 842-861, December.
- Ýlker SAKINÇ, 2014. "Export Price Stability and Compatibility of Euro under the Export- Biased Productivity Growth in Turkey: A Criticism against the Maastricht Inflation Criterion," Journal of Economics Library, KSP Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 22-33, December.
- Frühwirth, Manfred & Sögner, Leopold, 2015. "Weather and SAD related mood effects on the financial market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 11-31.
- Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell, 2010.
"An examination of the impact of India's performance in one-day cricket internationals on the Indian stock market,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 319-334, June.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2008. "An Examination Of The Impact Of India'S Performance In One-Day Cricket Internationals On The Indian Stock Market," Monash Economics Working Papers 09/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Alper Veli ÇAM, 2015. "The Effects of Sporting Success on Stock Returns: An Application in Istanbul Stock Exchange," Journal of Economics Library, KSP Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 147-154, September.
- Elisabete F. Simões Vieira, 2012. "Investor sentiment and market reaction: evidence on 2010 FIFA World Cup," International Journal of Economics and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 51-76.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Economic impact of national sporting success: evidence from the London stock exchange (AEL 2003) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:10:y:2003:i:12:p:783-785. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .