The Effect of On-Field Success on Stock Prices: Evidence from Nippon Professional Baseball
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Gregory W. & Hartzell, Jay C., 2001. "Market reaction to public information: The atypical case of the Boston Celtics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 333-370, May.
- Bert Scholtens & Wijtze Peenstra, 2009. "Scoring on the stock exchange? The effect of football matches on stock market returns: an event study," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(25), pages 3231-3237.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2005. "Novelty Effects Of New Facilities On Attendance At Professional Sporting Events," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(3), pages 436-455, July.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey & Westerfield, Randolph, 1985. "Patterns in Japanese Common Stock Returns: Day of the Week and Turn of the Year Effects," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 261-272, June.
- J. K. Ashton & B. Gerrard & R. Hudson, 2003. "Economic impact of national sporting success: evidence from the London stock exchange," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(12), pages 783-785.
- Gabrielle Berman & Robert Brooks & Sinclair Davidson, 2000. "The Sydney Olympic Games announcement and Australian stock market reaction," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(12), pages 781-784.
- Georg Stadtmann, 2006. "Frequent News And Pure Signals: The Case Of A Publicly Traded Football Club," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(4), pages 485-504, September.
- Alex Edmans & Diego García & Øyvind Norli, 2007. "Sports Sentiment and Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(4), pages 1967-1998, August.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2003. "Novelty Effects of New Facilities on Attendance at Professional Sporting Events," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 03-101, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Georg Stadtmann, 2006. "Frequent News and Pure Signals: The Case of a Publicly Traded Football Club," Working Papers 0603, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Nikolaos Veraros & Evangelia Kasimati & Peter Dawson, 2004. "The 2004 Olympic Games announcement and its effect on the Athens and Milan stock exchanges," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(12), pages 749-753.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sakınç, İlker, 2014.
"Using Grey Relational Analysis to Determine the Financial Performance of Turkish Football Clubs,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 22-33.
- ?lker Sakinc, 2014. "Using Grey Relational Analysis to Determine the Financial Performance of Turkish Football Clubs," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0802246, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Ýlker SAKINÇ, 2014. "Export Price Stability and Compatibility of Euro under the Export- Biased Productivity Growth in Turkey: A Criticism against the Maastricht Inflation Criterion," Journal of Economics Library, KSP Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 22-33, December.
More about this item
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .