The Sydney Olympic Games announcement and Australian stock market reaction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Michael P. Devereux & Seppo Honkapohja & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2007. "Chapter 6: Economic nationalism," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 133-147, February.
- Mandel Philipp & Süssmuth Bernd, 2015.
"Public Education, Accountability, and Yardstick Competition in a Federal System,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 15(4), pages 1679-1703, October.
- Mandel, Philipp & Süßmuth, Bernd, 2015. "Public education, accountability, and yardstick competition in a federal system," Working Papers 138, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- repec:ces:eeagre:v::y:2007:i::p:1-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rodolfo Aquino, 2006. "Efficiency of the Philippine stock market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(7), pages 463-470.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "The Effect of On-Field Success on Stock Prices: Evidence from Nippon Professional Baseball," Working Papers 0805, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Huei-Fu Lu & Tien-Tze Chen, 2016. "The Impact of Match-Fixing Scandals on the Stock Returns of Parent Companies and Sponsors: Evidence from Chinese Professional Baseball League In Taiwan," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(4), pages 172-189, April.
- Dick, Christian D. & Wang, Qingwei, 2008. "The Economic Impact of Olympic Games: Evidence from Stock Markets," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-060, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:347-353 is not listed on IDEAS
- AmÃ©lie Charles & Olivier DarnÃ©, 2016.
"Stock market reactions to FIFA World Cup announcements: An event study,"
AccessEcon, vol. 36(4), pages 2028-2036.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2016. "Stock market reactions to FIFA World Cup announcements: An event study," Post-Print hal-01395333, HAL.
- Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell, 2010.
"An examination of the impact of India's performance in one-day cricket internationals on the Indian stock market,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 319-334, June.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2008. "An Examination Of The Impact Of India'S Performance In One-Day Cricket Internationals On The Indian Stock Market," Monash Economics Working Papers 09/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- António Martins & Ana Serra, 2011.
"Market impact of international sporting and cultural events,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 35(4), pages 382-416, October.
- António Miguel Martins & Ana Paula Serra, 2007. "Market Impact of International Sporting and Cultural Events," FEP Working Papers 240, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- António Miguel Martins & Ana Paula Serra, 2007. "Market Impact of International Sporting and Cultural Events," Working Papers 0720, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Zawadzki, Krystian, 2013. "The impact of mega sports events on the stock markets," MPRA Paper 44467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ogawa, Ryoh, 2017. "Using REIT Data to Assess the Economic Worth of Mega-Events: The Case of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics," MPRA Paper 78829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bitzenis, Aristidis & Tsitouras, Antonis & Vlachos, Vasileios A., 2009. "Decisive FDI obstacles as an explanatory reason for limited FDI inflows in an EMU member state: The case of Greece," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 691-704, August.
- Chernin Yulia & Lahav Yaron, 2014. "“The People Demand Social Justice”A Case Study on the Impact of Protests on Financial Markets," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-23, July.
- Nikolaos Veraros & Evangelia Kasimati & Peter Dawson, 2004. "The 2004 Olympic Games announcement and its effect on the Athens and Milan stock exchanges," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(12), pages 749-753.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:7:y:2000:i:12:p:781-784. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.