The impact of mega sports events on the stock markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- António Martins & Ana Serra, 2011.
"Market impact of international sporting and cultural events,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 35(4), pages 382-416, October.
- António Miguel Martins & Ana Paula Serra, 2007. "Market Impact of International Sporting and Cultural Events," FEP Working Papers 240, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- António Miguel Martins & Ana Paula Serra, 2007. "Market Impact of International Sporting and Cultural Events," Working Papers 0720, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Gabrielle Berman & Robert Brooks & Sinclair Davidson, 2000. "The Sydney Olympic Games announcement and Australian stock market reaction," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(12), pages 781-784.
More about this item
Keywordsmega sport event; stock market; stock indices; Olympic Games; World Cup; European Football Championship;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2013-03-16 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-SPO-2013-03-16 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2013-03-16 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .